Collector's Edition Revealed

Started by ikarop, May 31, 2012, 03:18:24 PM

Author
Collector's Edition Revealed (Read 88,851 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 24, 2012, 12:47:57 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Sep 23, 2012, 08:18:27 PM
still mad that there's no steel book

I agree here, Steelbooks are what make the Collector's Editions so great.  I love having a shiny metal box for a video game case, it looks so impressive and durable.

It's just packaging.

Cap. Fitzgerald

If Predxeno cares more about his game looking "durable" than what it comes with, let him want a steelbook.
I'm more interested in the enjoyment I get out of the game. Story decisions be damned

SM

SM

If I was going to pay more for a Collectors Edition I'd want more actual content.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Yeah, I was talking more about A:CM in general, but I agree with you there.
I really wish game developers would try to do a bit more than just skins and stuff. I'd love it if they gave people early acces to mini campaigns and such in their editions. Something more filling than just visual flare.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Sep 24, 2012, 04:40:13 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Sep 24, 2012, 12:47:57 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Sep 23, 2012, 08:18:27 PM
still mad that there's no steel book

I agree here, Steelbooks are what make the Collector's Editions so great.  I love having a shiny metal box for a video game case, it looks so impressive and durable.

It's just packaging.

Yes, but it's something that's supposed to come with a Collector's Edition; it's implicitly implied.  It's like buying a Collector's Edition without a statue or figurine of some kind.

SM

SM

QuoteYes, but it's something that's supposed to come with a Collector's Edition; it's implicitly implied. 

Sure it's not a redundant tautology?

I woulda thought the content of a collectors edition is whatever the distributor says it is, and there's no set rules about steel cases or toys or whatever.  It's just something to suck more money out of the hardcore fans.

predxeno

predxeno

Well, it's also like buying a game without an instruction manual.

SM

SM

You don't need a steel case or toys.  You do need a manual.

Elliott

Elliott

I love how us PC gamers are getting shafted. No model or anything.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

That's what u get for spending so much on a rig to play a game and sitting 3 feet from the screen!  :P

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Sep 24, 2012, 10:57:58 PM

Well, personally I think a steelbook is an equivalent of a statue/figure or a DLC pack being included in the Collector's Edition; you have to have it.

Quote from: Galliruler on Sep 24, 2012, 11:13:00 PM
I love how us PC gamers are getting shafted. No model or anything.

That's because nobody buys the PC Collector's Editions for some reason. ???

SM

SM

QuoteWell, personally I think a steelbook is an equivalent of a statue/figure or a DLC pack being included in the Collector's Edition; you have to have it.

Except in order to play the game - you don't.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Sep 24, 2012, 10:57:58 PM

How is Gearbox not adding in the Colonial Marine Manual that was just recently back in print as a collector's edition item. Missed opportunity there.

SM

SM

'Cos people reading the book would go - how come they didn't include all these cool weapons and explosives and tanks and stuff?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Sep 25, 2012, 02:00:41 AM
'Cos people reading the book would go - how come they didn't include all these cool weapons and explosives and tanks and stuff?

Maybe in that bonus level where you use weapons...maybe that's where they can be shown. I guess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed