The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots

Started by ikarop, May 30, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

Author
The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots (Read 87,821 times)

9th_Stew

maybe turrets are used for games like survivor and maybe evac - aliens probs spawn where the marines cant reach them... just guessing

PredatorsInstinct

Predaker

Predaker

Are there going to be any actual vents in the game for the alien players to move around in? So far all I can see are these little holes in the wall and the screen prompts you to push "X" to enter.

PredatorsInstinct

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 17, 2012, 02:12:56 PM
Are there going to be any actual vents in the game for the alien players to move around in? So far all I can see are these little holes in the wall and the screen prompts you to push "X" to enter.

I like this, the only let down from AVP3 is that the vent idea wasn't included in the multiplayer =/

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 17, 2012, 02:12:56 PM

You can use vents as short cuts to get from one room to another. You can see Xenos going in one vent and coming out of it in the next room in the videos.

Predaker

Yes I saw that, and it was disappointing. They don't actually crawl into any vents, the xeno goes up to a hole in the wall and pushes a button to zoom the camera in, and then hops out the other side.

How do they fit in those small cubby holes? Do their long tails hang out in the hallway? Do they become invisible? What happens when two xenos try to enter the same vent from opposite ends? Are they going to tag-team the wall with their banana heads?

FightFinda

I see no problem with it, I just hope they make some extended vents which may involve travelling through the ceiling and under the floor grates. I would think the fact the camera zooms to a first person perspective would have satisfied all the FPS "immersion" nuts out there, but overall I agree with PredatorsInstinct in that it's a nice feature overlooked in AVP 2010.

The 'apparent' decision to not include the 'alien life-cycle' does disappoint me though. It's one of the first things you think of when you hear the word "xenomorph" and although it may have been tough to implement due to balance issues and the like; with a dedicated game mode for the 'life-cycle' I think they could have served the lore (and Aliens movie) well, thus satisfying those die-hard fans out there... just my 2 penneth  ;).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed