The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots

Started by ikarop, May 30, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

Author
The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots (Read 87,836 times)

Chris!(($$))!

We know there is upgrading and customization but they've been really vague about it. I was hoping that we'd see it at E3 but they may still be fine tuning its overall structure.

Nightlord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBtqXvbfetw#ws

No lifecycle mode for definite.
And apparently the internet will explode from the secrets in this game. :o

Elliott

... I swear to God if Fox made them introduce Predators in this game at all...

I hope that "secret" isn't the location of the xenomorph homeworld, if there is one.

And after Alien 3? So... Runner's confirmed?

SM

Not sure about the Crusher mode.  It takes up a massive chunk of the screen.

I didn't find his excuse for not having playable huggers terribly convincing.  Just say "We wanted to concentrate on the adults" or something.

Salt The Fries

Disgraceful excuse if you ask me...I can't imagine any Alien fan buying that excuse.

Elliott

Maybe it's disinformation?
I remember some game doing that. Along with a movie.

Maybe they'll release it as DLC. Who knows. I'm not gonna' get mad about it until it's been absolutely confirmed by the game's multiplayer menu itself.

SM

SM

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 13, 2012, 11:59:26 PM
Disgraceful excuse if you ask me...I can't imagine any Alien fan buying that excuse.

'Are you having playable facehuggers?'
'No we wanted to just concentrate on James Cameron's film'

Yeah, that film that has the most active and aggressive facehuggers in any film...  :laugh:

PredatorsInstinct

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2012, 12:21:43 AM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jun 13, 2012, 11:59:26 PM

'Are you having playable facehuggers?'
'No we wanted to just concentrate on James Cameron's film'

Yeah, that film that has the most active and aggressive facehuggers in any film...  :laugh:

I think huggers would have been awesome, abit like tickers in GOW :P

newbeing

WarriorRidged

This does look SOOOOO awesome.  An Aliens fan's dream!

Shame you can't place the sentry guns where you want though.  I see there's a blue outline of where you have to place it.

It does look very scripted, but for that immersive movie-canon feel.....it needs to be.  It can't be a part of the canon, if everyone is getting different endings etc.

Can't decide whether to get this on PS3 or spend bucks on a top of the range gaming computer nearer the time!!

Girlfriend, social life....goodbye....hello Aliens: CM!!!  Where have you been my whole life?!  ;) ;D

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Makkaveli101 on Jun 15, 2012, 10:20:10 PM
Shame you can't place the sentry guns where you want though.  I see there's a blue outline of where you have to place it.

That was from older footage and I know someone asked them about it and I believe that the blue outline was there for the sake of the demo and exists for casual players to know where to place the Turret but you can place it almost anywhere.

WarriorRidged

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jun 15, 2012, 10:52:03 PM

That was from older footage and I know someone asked them about it and I believe that the blue outline was there for the sake of the demo and exists for casual players to know where to place the Turret but you can place it almost anywhere.

Ahhhh.....sweet!

In regards to red dots on the motion tracker - I think these are important for the casual player also.  It has to be playable to the masses to make money.

It would be nice to have an option to make them all white for the die hards though.  Sure it couldn't be that difficult to programme!!

Deathly_rYaN

It was there for demo purpose. Sentrys can be placed anywhere, just need to be tactical about the position and where the Xenos are coming from

ShadowPred

Quote from: Deathly_rYaN on Jun 16, 2012, 01:09:36 AM

It was there for demo purpose. Sentrys can be placed anywhere, just need to be tactical about the position and where the Xenos are coming from

Hallelujah!!! This is what had me the most disturbed from the "meh"  E3 demo they showed last year, or whatever year it was. Well, that's one positive thing about this game that I can add to my list of pros and cons.

PredatorsInstinct

Turrets can be placed anywhere? One must think of bad spawn killing moments...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed