The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots

Started by ikarop, May 30, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

Author
The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots (Read 87,863 times)

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

The little gallop animation the alien has is goofy as shit. That outdoor map looks boring. Especially for aliens.

also

Quotedomehead weaker than ridgedhead

fullretard gearbox

full-f**king-retard.

What I don't have a problem with is the red dots. Makes sense (thinking in a workable aliens universe perspective) that friendlies would be marked to stop spooked marines from accidentally shooting their buddies around the corner. Maybe marines have chips surgically implanted or their armor has a device on it that marks them on motion trackers ect. Though from a gameplay perspective it does take some tension out of the fire fights.

chupacabras acheronsis

it would make sense if other marines were filtered out or highlighted, not the other way around. aliens aren't carrying chips, are they?

Spaghetti

All non-friendlies are marked as possible threats I guess. Just doesn't bug me that much given the situation.

Radiation aliens, boring Alien AI and an undestroyed colony are higher on my "annoying shit this game is doing" list

ikarop

Updated the main post with new videos, interviews, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O-PueRyD9g#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0zomH-GRzg#

The rest are on the first page.

Predaker

Finally, some alien gameplay where they actually attack from the ceiling instead of the ground.  :D

The Xenoborg

Okay, on second thoughts, the third-person point of view for the Aliens is pretty cool. Would be useful for fast-paced gameplay and strategy of the like.  ;D

Le Celticant

0:48 of last video -> dat Alien flying in the air while jumping that can change its direction  ::)
People need to understand how gravity works, seriously  ::)

SM

Works for Super Mario...

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 09, 2012, 08:09:48 PM
0:48 of last video -> dat Alien flying in the air while jumping that can change its direction  ::)
People need to understand how gravity works, seriously  ::)

My God... Its almost like... Water dripping UPWARD... From a penis egg containing a giant spider looking pussy parasite that has acid for blood.

chupacabras acheronsis

...is that supposed to make the animation look good now that i read it?

Chris!(($$))!

Who said anything about the animation?

chupacabras acheronsis

the jumping one. you implied that it wasn't odd at all that the alien learned to glide omnidirectionally since they already do all those weird things.

Predaker

The video was a little choppy. The alien was possibly strafing a little when it jumped, as the animations are still being polished. It didn't necessarily change direction in mid-air.

Good eye to catch that hiccup!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed