The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots

Started by ikarop, May 30, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

Author
The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots (Read 88,634 times)

Predaker

Nice to see some new video.. :)

The pulse rifle sounded good in the most recent one.

WinterActual

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 07, 2012, 03:37:02 PM

Wow...so by your logic, a marine knocking a Xeno on its back is "doing it right"? *facepalm*
I don't even want to answer you because we all saw that you are GBX fan boy and are blinded by the hype. But I will tell ya - the point is it takes 4-5 people to beat the xeno with 4-5 hits of each marine to kill the xeno. In ACM videos so far it takes 2-3 hits by SINGLE marine to kill the xeno with melee. Do you think thats right? Ok then... you are still a GBX/ACM fanboy.

Predaker

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 07, 2012, 12:34:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoSt4vD2dI4#ws

I saw some acid blood burning into the floor at the very end of this video.

Very cool.   8)

Le Celticant

The simply "fact" that you can hope to knock or do something to the xeno with melee is ridiculous.
Parker was a tough guy. The Alien mastered him completely in less that what it takes to notice it.

Melee, what a stupid idea  ::)

(Oh yeah vasquez in the vents, this ain't the same situation and it doesn't involve the same forces and gravity factor).
But in 1 v 1 combat encounter on ground, facing an alien with melee is just ridiculous.
Just like stunning a Predator with melee in AVP2010.
Or maybe you suggest that Arnold was a damn weak guy in Predator even with a big wood trunk?  ::)

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on Jun 07, 2012, 04:06:05 PM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 07, 2012, 03:37:02 PM

Wow...so by your logic, a marine knocking a Xeno on its back is "doing it right"? *facepalm*
I don't even want to answer you because we all saw that you are GBX fan boy and are blinded by the hype. But I will tell ya - the point is it takes 4-5 people to beat the xeno with 4-5 hits of each marine to kill the xeno. In ACM videos so far it takes 2-3 hits by SINGLE marine to kill the xeno with melee. Do you think thats right? Ok then... you are still a GBX/ACM fanboy.
I haven't seen that. Youre gonna have to give me an example. I just know that Gearbox has made Kick ass games in the past and I have faith in them. I'm not ignoring the fact that there are issues currently with the game. It will be fixed by the final release. And are you just informing the fact that in AVP2010 a marine could knock an alien on its ass so easily?

WinterActual

If you melee a xeno in AvP '10 with gun's butt this is not 100% chance of knocking it down. It depends. There is another thing too - if you knock the xeno down this doesn't mean you will kill it for sure. If the xeno play is good he can turn the situation upside down and kill you instead of the opposite. Also it doesn't matter if GBX were doing fine until now. There's always a first time to do something bad. For me DNF was bad but it was not completely done from scratch by GBX so it may not count. But lets get it straight - ACM is not looking pretty at the moment. Or at least it doesn't represent the quality of a product being delayed so many times.

Xenomrph

People seem to forget that the game hasn't been delayed that much, and has had a comparable development cycle to other similar games.

Also the game doesn't look bad.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 07, 2012, 06:23:53 PM
People seem to forget that the game hasn't been delayed that much, and has had a comparable development cycle to other similar games.

Also the game doesn't look bad.
I agree.
Quote from: Voodoo Actual on Jun 07, 2012, 06:04:17 PM
If you melee a xeno in AvP '10 with gun's butt this is not 100% chance of knocking it down. It depends. There is another thing too - if you knock the xeno down this doesn't mean you will kill it for sure. If the xeno play is good he can turn the situation upside down and kill you instead of the opposite. Also it doesn't matter if GBX were doing fine until now. There's always a first time to do something bad. For me DNF was bad but it was not completely done from scratch by GBX so it may not count. But lets get it straight - ACM is not looking pretty at the moment. Or at least it doesn't represent the quality of a product being delayed so many times.
I meant proof that in ACM, a marine can kill an Alien in 2-3 hits. You are completely entitled to YOUR opinion. My opinion is that yes, the game needs some work, but I'm confident GBX will pull through and give us the aliens experience we've Always wanted.

chupacabras acheronsis

Hell's Highway was crap.

alanwu1233

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on Jun 07, 2012, 06:04:17 PM
AVP '10 got alot of logic fails.
A shotgun burst can knock an alien to the ground.
A marine can block an alien in melee.
A marine can knock an alien to the ground with bare hands.
Pulse rifle with minigun firepower.
flamethrower that can't burn sh!t.
etc....

Xenomrph

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 07, 2012, 07:07:11 PM
Hell's Highway was crap.
No it wasn't, Hell's Highway was pretty awesome. For a "crap" game, a whole lot of reviewers and gamers liked it a lot.

PLEXI

I'm fine with marines being able to momentarily stun a Xenomorph with a melee to buy an extra second of time...but it should be impossible to kill with.  Something must also be done to prevent ridiculous melee spam. It looks rather odd though as the strikes don't actually connect.  For all it's faults at least AVP2010's melee attacks actually looked like they connected.

The lethal explosion radius on grenades still bothers me, you can practically drop high explosives at the base of your feet and be perfectly fine.

Maps looks great, but I'm questioning their layout choices.  They seem to have too much open space.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 07, 2012, 07:22:54 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 07, 2012, 07:07:11 PM
Hell's Highway was crap.
No it wasn't, Hell's Highway was pretty awesome. For a "crap" game, a whole lot of reviewers and gamers liked it a lot.

did you play the other ones?

Adam802

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed