Will there be a directors cut?

Started by Kev Loaf, May 30, 2012, 07:50:18 PM

Author
Will there be a directors cut? (Read 5,747 times)

NGR01

NGR01

The movie suffer from various cuts.
The trailer is full of scene missing from the movie or with some differences.
For exemple :

The Engineer do not strangle Shaw against Vickers quarter Chandelier, there is no fight between them has it seem to be.
The engineer arrives, push Shaw near the medpod door, Shaw opens the door and voila!

Remember that shot of the Mercs shooting in the hangar and behind them Peter Weyland getting out from the sas with his suit on helped by David? In the movie the mercs shoot but the door is closed. Wayland is still not suited he's in his room talking to Shaw.

Thats shot of Shaw driving inside the big truck, acting like she's doing rear driving?
Never in the movie you see her doing that.

Definitly there is an extended cut to come.

mastermoon

mastermoon

I have a feeling everyone will like the directors cut much better then the theatrical cut.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 11:18:29 PM
The movie suffer from various cuts.
The trailer is full of scene missing from the movie or with some differences.
For exemple :

The Engineer do not strangle Shaw against Vickers quarter Chandelier, there is no fight between them has it seem to be.
The engineer arrives, push Shaw near the medpod door, Shaw opens the door and voila!

That sucks.  That was one of the scenes i was really interested in seeing how it played out.  I guess I will have to wait for DVD to see it in full.

Aceburster

Aceburster

Anyone know who edited this movie? I have a feeling that dude is gonna get lit up. ...I hope it wasnt Ridley.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Aceburster on May 31, 2012, 01:17:49 AM

Anyone know who edited this movie? I have a feeling that dude is gonna get lit up. ...I hope it wasnt Ridley.

I very much doubt Ridley wasn't involved.

bleau

bleau

I remember reading Ridly liked the final cut and did not want it any longer.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

I think FOX edited the theatrical version themselves and Scott just says what they want him to because he knows he'll get his own version later anyway.... at least I hope that's how it turns out!!

cossack0909

cossack0909

To me , what is frustating is the feeling that the theatrical version could be deliberately highly edited, thus opening up  lucrative DVD or Blu Ray market selling the extended versions.

Capitalist rogues!!!!!    But I am gonna buy the extended, multi-featurettes DVD anyway.....can't help it being a fan.  ;)

Parker

Parker

Keep in mind the studio shredded Kingdom of Heaven.  The Directors Cut, while still 'hollywood-ized' and totally historically inaccurate is a MUCH better movie than the theatrical cut.  And what studio was that?  Fox, of course.  So IMO Prometheus is going to end up with an extended directors cut.

I just hope it comes out with the theatrical and not a year or two down the road

Face Jockey

Face Jockey

I am surprised Prometheus was allowed to have the R rating with such a large budget, and could easily imagine that part of the trade off for that was a trimmed down running time.

My guess is we get this theatrical cut blue ray by the end of the year, and later a special extended edition shortly before Prometheus 2. Selling the same film twice over seems pretty standard operating procedure.

Mohawksinspace

Honestly as we have seen with his past work Ridley is not the best guy to trust with editing his own stories.
From what NGR01 is saying this could be a lot like Kingdom of Heaven where the un-diced version is like watching a completely different movie.
Sure some scenes were not needed for pacing and what not but in the end I feel like characters always suffer in these situations.

Alien 3 is another prime example.

I mean in the theatrical cut they don't bother to properly name or at least identify half the convicts.
Character appear and disappear randomly.

The assembly cut is like watching a different film all together.
Giving characters personality while giving more play to the faith/accepting death angle.

Even though Golic does fit the ridiculous plot device mold I brought up in another thread lol.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: mastermoon on May 30, 2012, 11:24:09 PM
I have a feeling everyone will like the directors cut much better then the theatrical cut.

There isnt a directors cut you goon?

Jesus is the entire Prometheus board over flowing with utter morons?

mastermoon

mastermoon

Quote from: Keg on May 31, 2012, 04:05:59 PM

I was not talking about the theatrical cut.

Mastes1

Mastes1

I'm certain there will be an extended cut either when the dvd/blu-ray launches or at a future date (once everyone has bought the theatre cut ::)), it seems pretty obvious to me from reading the reviews that the film has been cut to hell to get its 2 hour runtime.

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

Quote from: Keg on May 31, 2012, 04:05:59 PM

After reading your posts, there is at least one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed