Last 1 min - insane spoilers don't read unless you have seen

Started by Xenoscream, May 30, 2012, 01:59:18 PM

Author
Last 1 min - insane spoilers don't read unless you have seen (Read 3,601 times)

Xenoscream

Im still going to use a spoiler tag so you have 1 last chance to save yourself

Spoiler
well, the Xeno bursting scene was the single worst bit of the movie for me and I wish they had cut it and left it out completely so here are the reasons why.

1. The engineer had not even moved,,, Kane wandered around and was in extreme pain when he busted, Nemo (giant squid reference) just lay there and took it.
2. Te design was horrible, this guy is meant to be a 100% human DNA match, yes I know it was from a regular facehugger,nut no biomechanics, inner jaw, non-phallic head, no back tubes, just plain bad
3. Avp ending I mean honestly wtf Ridley
4. Added nothing to the story and linked that giant squid bastardisation to Alien
5. It just seemed so pointless and tacked on
6. I could go on... But I'm not a hater really, just really disliked that scene
[close]

Mastes1

Spoiler
I haven't seen the film but other reports say the engineer is already dead hense him not moving around lol.
[close]

Xenoscream

Spoiler
He's very much alive when he get hugged, he puts up a hell of a fight
[close]

Mastes1

Spoiler
Ah sorry my mistake, i thought you were talking about the chestburtser scene.
[close]

zuzuki

You don't need to put spoiler tags in a thread containing ''INSANE SPOILERS'' description ffs. who doesn't want to be spoiled stay of the SPOILER thread

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Not seen the film... but if this thing is born from a multi-tentacled being, it surely is NOT an Alien as we know it -- so why make comparisons?

Mastes1

Quote from: zuzuki on May 30, 2012, 02:21:07 PM
You don't need to put spoiler tags in a thread containing ''INSANE SPOILERS'' description ffs. who doesn't want to be spoiled stay of the SPOILER thread
Spoiler
Good point.
[close]

fiveways

Your's is the first report that i have heard of him not dead when giving birth.  Every other one says he fights but is killed when the tube impregnates him.

I haven't seen the film, so i can't say shit.  But 7-8 reports i have read say he is dead and your's is the first alive one....

Le Celticant

They don't show if he's dead or not.
It's exactly like Alien, you could say Kane is dead but he's still breathing.
The giant facehugger / octopus thing just get a tentacle into its mouth and the Jockey fell on the ground.
That's all you get to see and then the alien birth scene.

But it's an horrible way to make a bridge.
The design of the Alien is... lawlz.
And it ends just like AVP GRAWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!  :D

Kev Loaf

I think its in their culture. They have seen it a million times, no doubt many sacrafised themselves and been infected for rituals. So when his infected, he takes it like a "man" and remains cool as it bursts out.

Whereas Kane, had no freaking clue what was happening so freaked out.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 30, 2012, 02:57:19 PM
I think its in their culture. They have seen it a million times, no doubt many sacrafised themselves and been infected for rituals. So when his infected, he takes it like a "man" and remains cool as it bursts out.

No, the jockey is dead and they take time to show it to us before something inside it starts to move.
And he doesn't sacrifice. He fights a lot and does not want to be contaminated by the thing.

Kev Loaf

Quote from: Le Celticant on May 30, 2012, 02:59:06 PM
Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 30, 2012, 02:57:19 PM

No, the jockey is dead and they take time to show it to us before something inside it starts to move.
And he doesn't sacrifice. He fights a lot and does not want to be contaminated by the thing.

You misunderstand me. I never said he sacrified. I'm just saying that compared to Kane, he is more familiar with the whole "chest bursting" concept, after all he saw most of his friends die 2000 years ago when they got infected. Whereas to Kane, it was a surprise.

Qwertify

I really like this ending.

I have not seen the film but from the many descriptions I've read there is nothing to suggest this is some sort of Proto-Xeno. We have no idea what it is all about. The whole idea is wide open, especially when you want to consider the murals on the walls and the original purpose of man kind.

Mastes1

Quote from: Qwertify on May 30, 2012, 03:21:13 PM
I really like this ending.

I have not seen the film but from the many descriptions I've read there is nothing to suggest this is some sort of Proto-Xeno. We have no idea what it is all about. The whole idea is wide open, especially when you want to consider the murals on the walls and the original purpose of man kind.
I'm pretty sure its supposed to be some kind of xeno variant hense them putting the chestburster seaon right at the end of the film , kind of like an easter egg, a lot of films that are linked to other films do stuff like that.

nostromo mechanic

The whole "impregnation and subsequent death by tentacle down the throat" really reminds me of the finale of "Species II".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed