Four New Clips!

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 11:13:51 AM

Author
Four New Clips! (Read 24,725 times)

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Taxemic on May 30, 2012, 01:50:43 PM
Suprised by the negativity and dissapointment of those who haven't seen this film yet, but in a way it's a good thing for me as my expectations are now not as high and I'll be watching it friday with a very open mind, not expecting the best film of my life. =)

yeah and imagine you'll still get a movie that you are ready to watch anytime....thats all i need tbh, i dont really like resurrection but if this movie better than that then its a really cool movie and if its just as good as alien3 then its awesome for me

Mastes1

Mastes1

I hope the final film isn't as dark as the 'head' room, you could barely see anything in that clip.

Gruyères

Gruyères

psychonaut25, I find that piece of art... amusing.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 01:43:37 PM
These clips are horribly edited. Horribly. If this reflects the editing of the final film, we have major problems.

Also, LMG sucks, etc. :P

Your sig pic is a spoiler, and not really appreciated. If you were desperate to be be spoiled that's your business but it'd be nice to keep images out of the equation for anyone who thinks they might have carefully navigated around this sort of thing - only to find your sig pic staring at them.

Leave it a week or so, maybe?

TheLoon

TheLoon

again all 4 of these clips seem to be highly compacted...in the Vickers clip David is seen making her drink then she just all of a sudden has it in her hand at the end

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Gash on May 30, 2012, 04:17:28 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 01:43:37 PM
These clips are horribly edited. Horribly. If this reflects the editing of the final film, we have major problems.

Also, LMG sucks, etc. :P

Your sig pic is a spoiler, and not really appreciated. If you were desperate to be be spoiled that's your business but it'd be nice to keep images out of the equation for anyone who thinks they might have carefully navigated around this sort of thing - only to find your sig pic staring at them.

Leave it a week or so, maybe?
I have to agree - I'd been avoiding that image for the past week or so, and there it was  :-\

I was thinking that most of us, even the older Alien purists (don't mean that in a derogatory way) saw these movies as kids (I think every story I've heard from an Alien veteran begins, "I was a kid in 1979 when my dad/uncle/brother took me to see..."). I do doubt we'd be able to go into a new one with the same naivete or sense of wonder. The people who elevated Alien in '79 and into the 80's was the younger generation, the ones who existed before the 'franchise'. We've been both spoiled and disappointed by numerous sequels over the decades, as well as by other sci-fi landmarks. I think that if Prometheus is to sit in the pantheon next to Alien, or 2001, or Blade Runner, then it's likely going to be the younger fans who do this. I don't know.

NGR01

NGR01

Yes those clips are edited.
As usual.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Valaquen on May 30, 2012, 04:30:10 PM
I have to agree - I'd been avoiding that image for the past week or so, and there it was  :-\
It was gone as soon as someone raised an objection. Not that someone who hadn't already read the spoilers would even have known what they were looking at.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 04:35:48 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on May 30, 2012, 04:30:10 PM
It was gone as soon as someone raised an objection. Not that someone who hadn't already read the spoilers would even have known what they were looking at.
I hadn't read the spoilers (a real feat when modding) and very clearly saw a mass of tentacles and a writhing creature which gave something big away (I hope otherwise!) But thank you for changing it  :)

Anunnaki

Anunnaki

Quote from: Le Celticant on May 30, 2012, 01:30:00 PM
The score doesn't match the atmosphere also.
And Visually there's only the beginning that is interesting. The rest of the movie is just... random.

You've seen the movie?

dembones

dembones

These clips are probably a good counter to the more negative French screening responses and some fan responses to that.
Even the most casual movie goer would likely look up  Prometheus at IMDB before finding sites like AVPG & PF via Google.

I like what I see, but don't look forward to what could be an intrusive score.
I also know it's petty, but Shaw's accent really grates after hearing her trademark lines for so long  :-\

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Anunnaki on May 30, 2012, 06:40:25 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on May 30, 2012, 01:30:00 PM
The score doesn't match the atmosphere also.
And Visually there's only the beginning that is interesting. The rest of the movie is just... random.

You've seen the movie?

Yeah world premiere at Le Grand Rex.
Though I'm disappointed for a World Premiere because I can't remember seeing any of the cast or director / screenwriter present.
I thought they would be there.

Esoteric_Voyage

Esoteric_Voyage

i'm very happy with the performances and particularly the script in these scenes, its restored some confidence in the film being better than what i fear it would be!

i liked fassbenders performance since some of the earliest clips, i knew he would shine out, i didn't know if he would shine out to everyone else though, glad to see he is to the critics so far!

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I'd like to point out these clips suffer from the same trim down effect as the "prometheus has landed" clip. There are moments where you can tell they've chipped out a bit of the scene here and there.

Spoiler

IE; Shaw sees the walls changing and THEY HAVE TO GO. It seems like there's a moment missing there.

They -just- got into the damn chamber. Literally. No time for any suspense or anything.
[close]

Mohawksinspace

Mohawksinspace

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 30, 2012, 12:09:34 PM
These videos just stinks of desperation on Fox's part.

Scott can seriously f**k off and so can Lindelcock!!! If there is a sequel I hope someone who values story over visuals gets it. Without story, visuals mean nothing.

The only positive that I read about it is that its visually stunning. No praise for story. Bad sign.

Sounds an awful lot like Alien to me.

Weak story, Amazing visuals design.
The clincher for Alien was always creature design.

Take away dat awesome design and its just 10 little indians in space.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed