Youtube Reviews

Started by Vickers, May 29, 2012, 06:47:57 AM

Author
Youtube Reviews (Read 13,150 times)

BerserkerPred

BerserkerPred

Quote from: Vickers on May 29, 2012, 07:34:57 PM
Thanks for agreeing to answer questions.

And, if you were masturbating in the video (hence the shaky cam), then that might be a good sign.

On a serious note, a few questions that don't really delve into spoiler territory:

1. I know you said the trailers and TV spots don't give everything away but are all the best shots shown in the trailers?  Or is some of the best stuff kept for the film?

2. Does Vickers get a decent amount of screen-time?

3. Does David get a decent amount of screen-time?

4. Does it end too open-ended or does it feel like a complete film with room for a sequel?  I mean, does it end in the way The Golden Compass did - where it leaves the viewers hanging and wishing for a proper ending?

5. With the mysteries that go unanswered - is it similar to the mystery of the Space Jockey from Alien or are we left with too many questions by the end of the film?

6. Who would you say is the most annoying character?

lol sorry for the shaky cam. as i said it was late at night and i was hopped on caffine from coke.

1. A lot of the "glorious" "broad" "large-scale" scenes were in the trailer, but some of the most INTENSE scenes are saved for the movie itself (namely the third act)

2. I'll admit I was a bit disappointed with Theron's role, I think they could've had her do a bit more tbh

3. Yes, David is the second-biggest character I'd say...

4. The ending (and by ending i mean last shot of the film) was a bit predictable, but the climax you won't see coming. And yes it leaves room for a sequel.

5.  we are left with a lot of questions but the space jockey question IS answered.

6. I didn't think any of the characters were that annoying. I would say Logan Marshall-Green's character was a bit annoying maybe
Spoiler
thank heavens he dies lol (as shown in the trailers so this isn't really a major spoiler)
[close]

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 29, 2012, 07:38:56 PM
@BerserkerPred - You didn't answer my questions.  :-\

I'm sorry, what were you asking exactly?

Vickers

Vickers

Thank you for answering me.  It's a pity about Vickers but, hey, I'm sure she made the most of what she had to work with.  She seems like a really badass character who doesn't get the fleshed role she deserves.

And the answers to the other questions makes me smile.

And no surprises with Holloway being the most annoying. :laugh:

urvile

urvile

So they *DO* reference

Spoiler

the derelict
[close]

Cool! A follow up question then:

Spoiler

Is Prometheus a retcon, or has the SJ in fact been on LV-426 for thousands of years, if not more?
[close]

And while I'm bothering you, was there a post-credits bonus scene or not? Sorry if these questions were already answered. Thanks guys!

BerserkerPred

BerserkerPred

Quote from: urvile on May 29, 2012, 08:04:07 PM
So they *DO* reference

Spoiler

the derelict
[close]

Cool! A follow up question then:

Spoiler

Is Prometheus a retcon, or has the SJ in fact been on LV-426 for thousands of years, if not more?
[close]

And while I'm bothering you, was there a post-credits bonus scene or not? Sorry if these questions were already answered. Thanks guys!

Im sorry im not familiar with alot of the terms in the movie (which was the LV-426 again?)

I wouldnt consider myself an alien fan (ive seen only the first one and I loved it though)

urvile

urvile

LV-426 is the planetoid/moon/? where the Alien crew touch down on. It's implied that the derelict craft was there thousands of years, if not more

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

What IS answered about the Space Jockey(the one from Alien)?

BerserkerPred

BerserkerPred

Quote from: urvile on May 29, 2012, 08:15:57 PM
LV-426 is the planetoid/moon/? where the Alien crew touch down on. It's implied that the derelict craft was there thousands of years, if not more

Ah yes
Spoiler
the Space Jockey has been there for in fact a really long time
[close]

Quote from: GreatKnower on May 29, 2012, 08:35:26 PM

I couldn't tell that ;) that would take a lot away from the film.

I will say that
Spoiler
he is in the verrry end of the film I'll say that much
[close]

NGR01

NGR01

I'm like you one of the lucky bastard who saw it.
What did you think of :

Spoiler
Mutated Fifield unleashing those snakes from his mouth.
Gross no?

What abaout Vickers death, painful right?
What did you think provocked it? The goo or the snake?
[close]

Aceburster

Aceburster

Mr. BerzerkerPred,

Thank you for your review and thanks for avoiding spoilers too! Im taking my 9yo nephew to the midnight release since he loves scifi horror. Do you think he will enjoy it for the spectacle even if he doesnt grasp some of the underlying themes?

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 29, 2012, 11:32:54 AM
Dear god I can't wait until an American has seen the film. It's like walking through a mine field to try and understand anything or even get a sense of balance.

Yeah, the french sentiments don't always translate perfectly into english, I found that annoying in many of the french reviews. lol

And stuff

And stuff

Oooh the heat is on.   :o  Now I want to know who saw what.

eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
Quote from: BerserkerPred on May 29, 2012, 11:55:54 PM
Quote from: urvile on May 29, 2012, 08:15:57 PM

Ah yes
Spoiler
the Space Jockey has been there for in fact a really long time
[close]

Quote from: GreatKnower on May 29, 2012, 08:35:26 PM

I couldn't tell that ;) that would take a lot away from the film.

I will say that
Spoiler
he is in the verrry end of the film I'll say that much
[close]
How is he in the film when he has been dead for so long?

PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US

My apologize if you have seen this.  Good to hear that it`s good from another person POV.

BerserkerPred

BerserkerPred

OH I forgot to mention this in my review but, people seem to be accusing me of not seeing it because they haven't screened it in the US yet, but I'm in France right now that's why I said I wasn't supposed to be there lol

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 12:03:38 AM
What did you think of :

Spoiler
Gross no?

[close]

um, are you sure you saw the movie? lol

eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Quote from: BerserkerPred on May 30, 2012, 12:56:19 AM
OH I forgot to mention this in my review but, people seem to be accusing me of not seeing it because they haven't screened it in the US yet, but I'm in France right now that's why I said I wasn't supposed to be there lol

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 12:03:38 AM
What did you think of :

Spoiler
Gross no?

[close]

um, are you sure you saw the movie? lol

Oh, c'mon. that was a lame move.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed