At this point what are your feelings? (Poll)

Started by Vickers, May 28, 2012, 09:23:34 PM

At this point what are your feelings?

OMFG, Prometheus is going to be epic! Nothing will change my mind!
16 (12.6%)
I am counting down the days but I will remain cautiously optimistic.
46 (36.2%)
I'm still pretty excited but there are a few concerns.
30 (23.6%)
My excitement for the film has gone down drastically.
24 (18.9%)
I'm very concerned and at this point I'm expecting it to be terrible.
11 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Jun 07, 2012, 09:23:34 PM

Author
At this point what are your feelings? (Poll) (Read 8,882 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

My expectations dropped spectacularly in the last months -- and with the synopsis they've reached their lowest point yet.

RoaryUK

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 29, 2012, 11:34:54 AM
ALIENS is in no way better than ALIEN. Not now, not ever.

There now.... something we absolutly agree on.  ALIENS is a great movie of course but ALIEN is a classic.  Great movies come and go while classics never go away but grow with age, and (perhaps not so suprisingly) are something we hardly ever critisize.   Case closed!

Ruzena

To be honest I knew something is wrong according to the trailers, I was bitching a lot but I hoped it will turn out as billiant movie.

Next time I won't expect that much and I will keep watching non mainstream movies. The only alien saga movie for me will remain Alien. f**k the rest.

5 years of waiting jesus christ.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 29, 2012, 08:18:36 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 29, 2012, 11:34:54 AM
ALIENS is in no way better than ALIEN. Not now, not ever.

There now.... something we absolutly agree on.  ALIENS is a great movie of course but ALIEN is a classic.  Great movies come and go while classics never go away but grow with age, and (perhaps not so suprisingly) are something we hardly ever critisize.   Case closed!
ALIENS is just as classic, if not more so than ALIEN. To say one was better than the other is not a fair comparison though. One is more horror, while the sequel was more action/terror. Both top notch classics in their own right.

Also, it was the sequel ALIENS which really launched the franchise.

harlock

i dunno, even being spoiled I'm still psyched to see this play in front of my own eyes, though I do have some concerns.

Spoiler
Missed opportunity with the remaining Engineer, though lets be fair, if he got up and spoke English or used telepathy, that'd be cheesy. A bit disappointing that pretty much everything I figured he'd do is done apparently by David (transforming crew members, well - Holloway).
I also think the ending is cheesy, but still... if it does well, which I hope it does, we have room for some sequels and even links into more ALIEN related media.
[close]

SonOfKane

Quote from: Predaker on May 29, 2012, 08:43:51 PM

That doesn't really make ALIENS look very good since the subsequent films sucked! I like ALIENS just fine as a Viet Nam in Space movie, but Cameron more or less destroyed everything that was cool and unique about the Alien in the original film. The alien is no longer indestructible, just a few bullets or a shotgun will kill it, and Cameron's alien is just an insect with a Queen insect, etc. whereas in the original film, the alien has a completely unique reproductive biology, where it infects hosts with some sort of virus that turns them into eggs (deleted cocoon scene). Also, Ridley Scott can make real art with his films, Cameron can only make action films (good ones though). ALIEN >>>>>>>> ALIENS

RagingDragon

You guys should relocate this tired-ass discussion to the 1,000 other threads that discuss it.  It will just muddy the waters in here.  Most of them are in the Alien films boards.

JoeyBlow

Cant say til I see it myself. I may be disappointed by the story, but blow away by everything else, at least leaving me satisfied.

Prime113

After talking to a friend about it, my hype as gone up to incredible heights.

Predaker

Quote from: SonOfKane on May 29, 2012, 08:59:28 PM

That doesn't really make ALIENS look very good since the subsequent films sucked! I like ALIENS just fine as a Viet Nam in Space movie, but Cameron more or less destroyed everything that was cool and unique about the Alien in the original film. The alien is no longer indestructible, just a few bullets or a shotgun will kill it, and Cameron's alien is just an insect with a Queen insect, etc. whereas in the original film, the alien has a completely unique reproductive biology, where it infects hosts with some sort of virus that turns them into eggs (deleted cocoon scene). Also, Ridley Scott can make real art with his films, Cameron can only make action films (good ones though). ALIEN >>>>>>>> ALIENS
ALIENS did not suck.

Welcome to the forums. :)

Ballzanya

Quote from: SonOfKane on May 29, 2012, 08:59:28 PM

Actually it took AT least a shotgun to kill them with a couple shots and a hand gun (of futuristic specs mind you) could only damage them at very close range and by shooting non-exoskeletal parts like the mouth/face. The marines weapons fired armor-piercing, explosive tipped bullets. Avp requiem seems to have ignored this and had people firing regular, small arms fire of early 21st century design at them and killing them.(but i digress as that film blew asshole)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed