At this point what are your feelings? (Poll)

Started by Vickers, May 28, 2012, 09:23:34 PM

At this point what are your feelings?

OMFG, Prometheus is going to be epic! Nothing will change my mind!
16 (12.6%)
I am counting down the days but I will remain cautiously optimistic.
46 (36.2%)
I'm still pretty excited but there are a few concerns.
30 (23.6%)
My excitement for the film has gone down drastically.
24 (18.9%)
I'm very concerned and at this point I'm expecting it to be terrible.
11 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Jun 07, 2012, 09:23:34 PM

Author
At this point what are your feelings? (Poll) (Read 8,906 times)

PROM3TH3US

I have a feeling hard core Alien fans and some who's been dissecting it to death for the last few months will hate or be disappointed with this movie while most others casual viewers are going to enjoy it.  Me I think I'm going to enjoy it.  I never care for the Alien connection. A good movie is a good movie. 

eyeballkid

I'm pissed off that it wasn't explained why the sp from alien is twice the size of the ones in prometheus. That's all i wanted to know.

Ooze on First

After reading some of the stuff on these and other boards, my expectations have dropped off a cliff.
Perhaps that's for the best...less disappointment that way.

Maybe they should rename the move Pro-MEH-theus.

NGR01

Quote from: PROM3TH3US on May 29, 2012, 12:45:14 AM
I have a feeling hard core Alien fans and some who's been dissecting it to death for the last few months will hate or be disappointed with this movie while most others casual viewers are going to enjoy it.  Me I think I'm going to enjoy it.  I never care for the Alien connection. A good movie is a good movie.

Only Dumb people think that an alien conenction would have made the movie good.
Those are stupid fanboys who wants to eat the same shit again and again.
This is not the problem here.

But yeah the casual audience is gonna have very good moment.
I rather have them praising a flawed but almost good movie like PROMETHEUS that those premium shit like BATTLESHIP, TRANSFORMERS.

RagingDragon

Ballzanya

Quote from: Predaker on May 28, 2012, 09:29:35 PM
I want to see a xenomorph in RIDLEY 3D. I don't care if its only one scene.  :laugh:

I just don't care anymore. That way the movie will be good, no matter what hokey story unfolds on the big screen.

By that logic, you should have enjoyed avp requiem, as it showed you aliens despite everything else blowing goat dick.

Prime113

Nah, those aliens weren't in "RIDLEY 3D".  ;)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: NGR01 on May 29, 2012, 01:13:10 AM
Quote from: PROM3TH3US on May 29, 2012, 12:45:14 AM

Only Dumb people think that an alien conenction would have made the movie good.
Those are stupid fanboys who wants to eat the same shit again and again.
This is not the problem here.

But yeah the casual audience is gonna have very good moment.
I rather have them praising a flawed but almost good movie like PROMETHEUS that those premium shit like BATTLESHIP, TRANSFORMERS.

Admittedly, I am one of those fan boys who wanted a prequel, but while I think there are more than enough connections  (Engineers, Juggernaught, Weyland, etc), I get the feeling from reviews Prometheus doesn't actually know what it is.  I don't really have a problem with the stand-alone movie, but I just wonder with all these 'connections' has an opportunity really been missed to re-create an interesting hark back to what started it all!  This is supposed to be the Engineers story yet a lot of what happens to them is apparently missing, something I imagined involved reverse engineering which could so easily have been applied to these humans in such a way that, because they have unknowingly meddled in the Aliens re-creation at this point in time, the outcome would be different again allowing Prometheus to go in another direction.  But instead it sounds like we get a lot of lose ends that don't go anywhere with creatures that do different things (which is fine) but don't appear to correlate at all, which isn't part of the Alien we recognise.... just my thoughts anyway!     

Aceburster

Initially after seeing some reviews I was confused and concerned. Just looking at the facts though, the movie has monsters, drama, gore, some unanswered questions and potential to build into a larger story. Nobody is complaining about the acting, the effects, or the story other than that its not A L I E N enough.

Sounds like a solid sci-fi movie to me and im excited as hell to see it for myself! I just hope that whatever the conection to Alien actually is, doesnt undermine the first two films.

RagingDragon

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 29, 2012, 02:56:19 AM
Admittedly, I am one of those fan boys who wanted a prequel, but while I think there are more than enough connections  (Engineers, Juggernaught, Weyland, etc), I get the feeling from reviews Prometheus doesn't actually know what it is.  I don't really have a problem with the stand-alone movie, but I just wonder with all these 'connections' has an opportunity really been missed to re-create an interesting hark back to what started it all!  This is supposed to be the Engineers story yet a lot of what happens to them is apparently missing, something I imagined involved reverse engineering which could so easily have been applied to these humans in such a way that, because they have unknowingly meddled in the Aliens re-creation at this point in time, the outcome would be different again allowing Prometheus to go in another direction.  But instead it sounds like we get a lot of lose ends that don't go anywhere with creatures that do different things (which is fine) but don't appear to correlate at all, which isn't part of the Alien we recognise.... just my thoughts anyway!   

Great post, Roary.
Spoiler

I personally think there has to be more to it, or at least the interpretations were a bit off.  If it's as simple as the spoilers suggest, why the star-map?  Why the goo, and the hammerpede, and the mutations?  If it's simply because 'we hate you,' why the Jockeys sleeping for long periods, waiting for humans to come calling?

It just makes no sense, and is utterly bone-headed.  I think the real purpose was to 'change us,' into what the Jockeys have grown to understand to be the perfect organism... ehhh?  Having grown ancient, callous, and kind of evil, they see the purity in the xenomorph dna and decides it's a fix for humanity's f**ked-up ways.  And throughout the movie, the DNA becomes corrupted in a way that eventually gives birth to our favorite xenomorph, either an unintentional bi-product of the human+goo DNA mixing with the Jockeys, or the true purpose of the goo and the "correction" of human kind?

I just don't buy this level of simplicity given the things we've seen in the trailers.  The holes would be much more glaring and the movie damn sure wouldn't be holding a 70-something percent on the review sites.  People would be screaming pissed off at one of dumbest and most over-hyped films of the decade, but as it stands, most seem honestly a bit confused by what they saw.  If the movie is that hard to articulate from so many different people, there just has to be more to the sonofabitch.

I'm not doubting NGR, but rather just saying that there's got to be a little more to it, maybe things that were more implied or glossed over too quickly, but they simply have to be there for the story to make any goddamned sense at all.

Why invite humans to bring some advanced ship that could discover the jockeys plan to exterminate life and potentially stop it?  Especially when the Jockeys were going to earth anyway, or so it seems.  Even if the jock in the film is a sort of 'soldier/pilot' that doesn't really explain much or show many emotions in Prometheus itself, it doesn't mean that the jockeys in general are these big dumbass jason-esque killer monsters.  They were obviously advanced enough to create the goo, and create f**king human beings, in the first place, unless they stole the tech.

And what of the jockey holo recording?  It has to show something actually happening, and the sacrificial jockey that creates the goo...

There's just some missing pieces here, I think...  I could be wrong, but if I am, the movie is going to be a HELL of a lot dumber than even the most pissed-off critic has revealed so far.
[close]

RoyaleDuke

World Weary, suffocating, cautious optimism.

escroto

Quote from: Vickers on May 28, 2012, 09:23:34 PMHow are you feeling at this point now that there's some mixed reactions out, and this far into the marketing?
bad critics won't stop me from watching the movie eventually. Maybe you don't remember about It or you weren't even born (or still were too young), but A L I E N didn't have a great wellcome by that time as well. Intellectual sobs were there to shit on things as well, and they were just as retarded as they are nowadays.

The only thing that makes me uneasy is lindelof's involvement in the film. Man that can not be any good, I can tell

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 29, 2012, 12:24:38 AM
http://itthing.com/wp-content/uploads/fanboy-anatomy.jpg
hahah nice one :laugh:

zuzuki

Quote from: escroto on May 29, 2012, 07:14:53 AM

The only thing that makes me uneasy is lindelof's involvement in the film. Man that can not be any good, I can tell

I don't know why you are concerned with it? It's not like he conceived the movie. From all the interviews i got the impression that Lindelof and Spaihts just put to paper what Ridley wanted. Nothing more, nothing less. The only thing Lindelof brought to the table i think was the tone of the movie, the air of mistery. Every other aspect of it was decided by the main man. I like Lindelof, but i can't give him credit for anything cause i don't believe he had a real imput. The only one who deserves credit i think it's Spaihts but not for his brilliant writing, but more for his fresh concepts that he brings to the table, cause i think he came up with the giant head inside the temple, the goo and what it does,and stuff like that.

I imagine Ridley just telling them: ''Right Jon so i want a movie with space jockeys, and existential questions. so you write me a story about a connection between humans and this jockeys based on all this Chariots Of The Gods. Then humans go to this planet and they find this strange temple/laboratory/depository. I want them to find some creatures there, some cool things. We got to put some connections with alien in there, but discrete.Then we kill most of the crew, we will definetely have a strong female lead, a android wich must act like A,B,C. we will leave this and this unanswered for a sequel so the ending must be exactly this one. Now Jon i have already worked with my artist on how things look in the movie, so here, this is what the pyramid on the alien planet look like, these are the engineers and their creatures, see if you have something to add, tell them what you need.''

And after that we got Lindelof: ''Hey Damon, so we have this movie but it leads directly into Alien, and i don't want that, i've talkied to the studio execs and we decided on a new franchise, with epic scope. A straight up prequel won't do. Now shift some things around, write some character interractions, cause the other guy is lacking in that department, and make sure everything has a air of mistery about it and write a cliffhanger cause wee need a sequel after this''.

And boom Prometheus was born

RagingDragon

zuzuki

...why does that sound so legitimate?

escroto

Quote from: zuzuki on May 29, 2012, 08:02:56 AM
Quote from: escroto on May 29, 2012, 07:14:53 AM

I don't know why you are concerned with it? It's not like he conceived the movie. From all the interviews i got the impression that Lindelof and Spaihts just put to paper what Ridley wanted. Nothing more, nothing less. The only thing Lindelof brought to the table i think was the tone of the movie, the air of mistery. Every other aspect of it was decided by the main man. I like Lindelof, but i can't give him credit for anything cause i don't believe he had a real imput. The only one who deserves credit i think it's Spaihts but not for his brilliant writing, but more for his fresh concepts that he brings to the table, cause i think he came up with the giant head inside the temple, the goo and what it does,and stuff like that.

I imagine Ridley just telling them: ''Right Jon so i want a movie with space jockeys, and existential questions. so you write me a story about a connection between humans and this jockeys based on all this Chariots Of The Gods. Then humans go to this planet and they find this strange temple/laboratory/depository. I want them to find some creatures there, some cool things. We got to put some connections with alien in there, but discrete.Then we kill most of the crew, we will definetely have a strong female lead, a android wich must act like A,B,C. we will leave this and this unanswered for a sequel so the ending must be exactly this one. Now Jon i have already worked with my artist on how things look in the movie, so here, this is what the pyramid on the alien planet look like, these are the engineers and their creatures, see if you have something to add, tell them what you need.''

And after that we got Lindelof: ''Hey Damon, so we have this movie but it leads directly into Alien, and i don't want that, i've talkied to the studio execs and we decided on a new franchise, with epic scope. A straight up prequel won't do. Now shift some things around, write some character interractions, cause the other guy is lacking in that department, and make sure everything has a air of mistery about it and write a cliffhanger cause wee need a sequel after this''.

And boom Prometheus was born
Good to hear you like him. Look I don't. I had enough with Lost you know

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed