Space Travel Part 1 Featurette

Started by Darkness, May 28, 2012, 06:04:01 PM

Author
Space Travel Part 1 Featurette (Read 20,571 times)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on May 28, 2012, 11:37:41 PM
"It's not like any other spaceship I've seen."

...except for that airlock vestibule that looks just like the one out of Alien.

...oh and the bridge which looks like a Cobb design for the Nostromo....

;D

Yeah... Pretty sure having the ventral glass module is a deliberate nod to the area Ash was seated in when Dallas/Kane/Lambert went on their adventure.

Surprised nobody on the documentary mentioned how the engine pods were deliberate smaller copies of the Sulaco's aft section.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on May 29, 2012, 12:11:41 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 29, 2012, 12:07:33 AM
Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 28, 2012, 11:46:58 PM
I guess Arthur Max has never seen Serenity.

Those wide shots are sexy though.

Haha, indeed. Serenity on steroids, with two extra engine-things. :P

Wonder where the twisty turny engine thing came from...

http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/files/styles/article_main_half/public/images/80659.jpg

Huh. Not gonna lie, even with it being Whedon, I never really put two and two together. I think Serenity and Prometheus are nicer looking ships, though.

Kind of off topic, but having just watched Alien Resurrection again yesterday for the first time in years, I now get what people mean when they say that the characters seem like precursors to the Firefly characters. I found the characters in Firefly to be more likable, though. :)

Quote from: Virgil_uk on May 29, 2012, 12:10:22 AM
Is anybody else finding it pretty damn bitter sweet watching this after today's reviews?

I found it to be rather uplifting, to be honest. Watching this, all that was going through my mind was "what was going through those guys' heads"?

I mean, just looking at the quality of this video, and the trailers, and especially the virals, I just find myself having a hard time understanding some of the negative reviews.

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 29, 2012, 12:14:40 AM
I found it to be rather uplifting, to be honest. Watching this, all that was going through my mind was "what was going through those guys' heads"?

I mean, just looking at the quality of this video, and the trailers, and especially the virals, I just find myself having a hard time understanding some of the negative reviews.

I have to agree with you. It's just....so bizarre! I watch this footage and I'm really impressed with what's being presented. It's quite clear that the cast and crew really did give a shit about this movie. I'm not heading over to the other thread any time soon to have the whole film revealed to me so I can't comment on the story.

In Lindelof I trust  :D :P

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: SM on May 29, 2012, 12:11:41 AM
Wonder where the twisty turny engine thing came from...

http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/files/styles/article_main_half/public/images/80659.jpg

I was thinking about the insect shape, but yeah, that's definitely where it started.

SM

SM

QuoteKind of off topic, but having just watched Alien Resurrection again yesterday for the first time in years, I now get what people mean when they say that the characters seem like precursors to the Firefly characters. I found the characters in Firefly to be more likable, though.

It goes beyond Firefly and Resurrection.

Xenomorphine

I was just reading an article in 'Sci Fi Now' magazine, which is a new interview with Whedon talking about 'Alien Resurrection'.

Still blames all the flaws on wrong casting, set design, editing and so on.

SM

SM

Sooky hack.

JayHy17

JayHy17

God damn thats awesome!

ThisBethesdaSea

That shit story of ALIEN Resurrection (along with the hiring of Jeunet as the director) is solely to blame for that abomination of a movie.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Hmm, I spotted this two days ago but I figured that it had already been reported upon.  I never get to break the news!

There's also this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJsFa_7tk3c#ws

... can I finally be credited for a find?!

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 29, 2012, 03:40:20 AM

NOPE! It's been posted before.

I don't remember where, but I've seen it here before.

Ah, screw it. Eddie gets credit.  ;D

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 29, 2012, 03:59:06 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on May 29, 2012, 03:40:20 AM

NOPE! It's been posted before.

I don't remember where, but I've seen it here before.

Ah, screw it. Eddie gets credit.  ;D

Aww, damn it!  I wish that I'd posted the original video two days ago.  I suck!

Prime113

Prime113

Well, that was pretty awesome!

I need to stop watching these. My excitement is going to explode!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed