Space Travel Part 1 Featurette

Started by Darkness, May 28, 2012, 06:04:01 PM

Author
Space Travel Part 1 Featurette (Read 20,577 times)

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Vickers Valiant on May 28, 2012, 06:42:26 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on May 28, 2012, 06:35:40 PM
If you look carefully, there's a pretty big spoiler that was revealed in an interview a while back, now in actual video form.

Spoiler
The engineer's head is changing.
[close]

Where in the video do you see this?

Spoiler
The part where the engineer's looking at his hand.  In the full trailer, they zoomed in a little so you couldn't see his head as much.  Now the shots a little bigger.  The back of his head is breaking apart and becoming water.
[close]

Qwertify

Qwertify

That ship is beautiful. I am having a hard time seeing how this movie simply won't be both an epic and a classic film. This really does just break new ground and it will be that much harder for future sci-fi to come up with something new.

WiseNige

WiseNige

Quote from: Qwertify on May 28, 2012, 07:01:34 PM
That ship is beautiful. I am having a hard time seeing how this movie simply won't be both an epic and a classic film. This really does just break new ground and it will be that much harder for future sci-fi to come up with something new.

Totally agree. I feel like all the "pre-screening" reviews and reactions we're seeing are either from: 1. Idiots, 2. Trolls, or 3. People who just can't grasp the concept of an "epic movie". Makes me  >:( >:( >:(

CanisMajoris

Having seen this, I can't believe all those negative "review" authors had bashed the movie so hard.....

Fassbender said in his interview, that the script was very intelligent, every page contained something new and unpredictable..... It seems that French guys only enjoy mindless action movies...

Lostsoul

Lostsoul

Quote from: CanisMajoris on May 28, 2012, 07:18:00 PM
Having seen this, I can't believe all those negative "review" authors had bashed the movie so hard.....
Me too  :'(
Quote from: CanisMajoris on May 28, 2012, 07:18:00 PMFassbender said in his interview, that the script was very intelligent, every page contained something new and unpredictable.....
Well how to explain... should they says it was not good and they don't love each others at this moment just before the release?

Quote from: CanisMajoris on May 28, 2012, 07:18:00 PMIt seems that French guys only enjoy mindless action movies...
LOL WTf...? You should come to my place, have some good belgium beer, share all my Alien collector stuff (since 30 years) Drive to Giger's Museum.to  (1.30 hour) and try to explain that "french" are not the assho... that you think they are.  ;D
But please don't catalog people like that. :P

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Valaquen on May 28, 2012, 06:07:13 PM
Great, thank you! Lately Lindelof has been saying he wanted to call the film Prometheus ... but didn't Rothman say it was his idea, and Ridley said this too?

Unless I'm misremembering, it was Rothman's idea not to have Alien in the title. Prometheus itself could've come from Lindelof.

Awesome featurette, beeteedubyuh.

CanisMajoris

Quote from: Lostsoul on May 28, 2012, 07:36:30 PM
Quote from: CanisMajoris on May 28, 2012, 07:18:00 PM
Me too  :'(
Quote from: CanisMajoris on May 28, 2012, 07:18:00 PMFassbender said in his interview, that the script was very intelligent, every page contained something new and unpredictable.....
Well how to explain... should they says it was not good and they don't love each others at this moment just before the release?

Quote from: CanisMajoris on May 28, 2012, 07:18:00 PMIt seems that French guys only enjoy mindless action movies...
LOL WTf...? You should come to my place, have some good belgium beer, share all my Alien collector stuff (since 30 years) Drive to Giger's Museum.to  (1.30 hour) and try to explain that "french" are not the assho... that you think they are.  ;D
But please don't catalog people like that. :P

THE AVENGERS got an amazing reactions from those French critics.... (well, whatever, 80% of people said that it was great after the early screenings  :P )...................But it was just a very good tech-demo of some new CGI rendering tools and nothing else  :P ....Well nothing against French people, it seems like 90% of the audience around the world has a very bed taste...  :-\

GhettoDefendant

Is there a part 2?

Bad Replicant

Quote from: GhettoDefendant on May 28, 2012, 07:55:39 PM
Is there a part 2?

Coming soon, I'd imagine.

Vickers

Vickers

Cool interiors on the ship but I'm too tired to comment on anything else at this point. :P

SM

SM

"It's not like any other spaceship I've seen."

...except for that airlock vestibule that looks just like the one out of Alien.

...oh and the bridge which looks like a Cobb design for the Nostromo....

;D

Sharp Sticks

I guess Arthur Max has never seen Serenity.

Those wide shots are sexy though.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 28, 2012, 11:46:58 PM

Haha, indeed. Serenity on steroids, with two extra engine-things. :P

Virgil

Virgil

Is anybody else finding it pretty damn bitter sweet watching this after today's reviews?

SM

SM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 29, 2012, 12:07:33 AM
Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 28, 2012, 11:46:58 PM

Haha, indeed. Serenity on steroids, with two extra engine-things. :P

Wonder where the twisty turny engine thing came from...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed