Critic Review Thread (79% fresh - 7.1 average rating)

Started by JaaayDee, May 28, 2012, 02:22:15 PM

Author
Critic Review Thread (79% fresh - 7.1 average rating) (Read 204,669 times)

Alienseseses

Not sure if that'll happen, since she's literally straight out of surgery when that happens. Limping down the hall etc. What they need is to move the fitfield thing a bit later.

Darth Vile

I really like how the Fified attack is edited in with Shaw's walk of pain. I think it's the best place for it to happen in the movie.

If I were being critical, I'd say that the pace of the final section is hindered by the fact they go back to the temple/juggernaut for a 3rd time. There is no way you can change that with an edit. It's a script thing... IMHO - they should have worked it so they only go to the temple/juggernaut on 2 occasions... and it would have felt less back and fourth...

KiramidHead

True, the back and forth was a little tiresome, IMO. I just wish that they would have gone to more places and explored them, but maybe the Skyrim fan in me is just a bit restless. ;)

Highland

I think there should have been a period of nothing upon landing. Alien did this quite well. Lots of lingering moments of nothing to build up the tension a bit.

They got suited and booted far too fast and it kind of killed the build up a little. It was like "Shit we're going already?!"

I agree they could have meshed the first 2 visits into one and the final visit the face of with the engineer.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jun 26, 2012, 03:10:19 PMI really like how the Fified attack is edited in with Shaw's walk of pain. I think it's the best place for it to happen in the movie.

If it was to happen at all it should of not been edited in with anything. Both scenes just stumble over each other and end up making the other far less effective. IMO the Fifield scene should of been cut and its time used to flesh out the far more interesting and important things going on in the ship. The guy got face melted and was happily dead. His return was completely unnecessary.

And no, it was not needed to raise the stakes. At that point Shaw was doing that just fine on her own.

BAD_ASS_MOFO

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed