Critic Review Thread (79% fresh - 7.1 average rating)

Started by JaaayDee, May 28, 2012, 02:22:15 PM

Author
Critic Review Thread (79% fresh - 7.1 average rating) (Read 203,146 times)

Cvalda

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jun 04, 2012, 06:30:17 PM
There we have what?  Me not caring about Alien 3's choices versus the original Alien?  Yes, absolutely; on that score I am guilty as charged, and happily so.
Yes. Clearly the Alien actually shown eating is an affront to all that Alien made sacred.

You're one of those people. It all makes sense now. ;D

BANE

I never really thought it was eating. In that scene it looks like it's half biting half humping. But if it needed to eat, surely the human bodies in the xeno hive from Aliens would have been skinned to the bone, what with the large number of aliens and all...

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 04, 2012, 06:31:56 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jun 04, 2012, 06:30:17 PM
There we have what?  Me not caring about Alien 3's choices versus the original Alien?  Yes, absolutely; on that score I am guilty as charged, and happily so.
Yes. The Alien actually shown eating is an affront to all that Alien made sacred.

Oh, pish tosh.  That's not at all what I said and you know it.  I actually love Aliens and like a fair many things about all 3 sequels, even if I can't stay awake through 3 all the way through.  What I said is that in terms of 'alien biology,' I go by the first film first - in that film, the alien is never shown needing to consume to grow, nor is it in fact shown to do so in Alien 3.  Therefore, your argument has no legs.  I never said anything about the alien consuming or not consuming being unacceptable - it simply was never established as necessary.  The alien simply...grew.  Same as Prometheus.  Game, set, match.

Cvalda

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jun 04, 2012, 06:34:48 PM
Oh, pish tosh.  That's not at all what I said and you know it.  I actually love Aliens and like a fair many things about all 3 sequels, even if I can't stay awake through 3 all the way through.  What I said is that in terms of 'alien biology,' I go by the first film first - in that film, the alien is never shown needing to consume to grow, nor is it in fact shown to do so in Alien 3.  Therefore, your argument has no legs.  I never said anything about the alien consuming or not consuming being unacceptable - it simply was never established as necessary.  The alien simply...grew.
The first film doesn't give you anything to base how the Alien grows one way or the other. You're just making excuses for this film's lazy writing.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 04, 2012, 06:36:34 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jun 04, 2012, 06:34:48 PM
Oh, pish tosh.  That's not at all what I said and you know it.  I actually love Aliens and like a fair many things about all 3 sequels, even if I can't stay awake through 3 all the way through.  What I said is that in terms of 'alien biology,' I go by the first film first - in that film, the alien is never shown needing to consume to grow, nor is it in fact shown to do so in Alien 3.  Therefore, your argument has no legs.  I never said anything about the alien consuming or not consuming being unacceptable - it simply was never established as necessary.  The alien simply...grew.
The first film doesn't give you anything to base how the Alien grows one way or the other.

Nor does this one.  So what?

QuoteYou're just making excuses for this film's lazy writing.

And you're demanding I adhere to a double standard that has no basis in the films.  And the really hilarious part of this is, neither one of us has actually seen the movie.

Cvalda

SpeedyMax, you will get exactly the film you deserve. Congrats. :)

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 04, 2012, 06:40:44 PM
SpeedyMax, you will get exactly the film you deserve. Congrats. :)

I accept that white flag.

I don't know how I'll feel about Prometheus, how it'll play in actuality, but I like most of what I've heard, and I do know that what I'll get is a film, if nothing else, is a film I kept an open mind about.  That's enough for me.  All the pre-game quarterbacking is silly, it's just a movie.

Blacklabel

people... chill pill! Relax thy tits.  It's just a f**king movie. :laugh: :-*

Darth Vile

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 04, 2012, 06:24:53 PM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Jun 04, 2012, 06:23:20 PM
It seems that you are not applying the same sense of logic to the earlier movies....
...it seems you haven't even seen the earlier movies.
Ditto...

Cvalda

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jun 04, 2012, 06:50:22 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 04, 2012, 06:24:53 PM
...it seems you haven't even seen the earlier movies.
Ditto...
You must be new here.

Ooze on First

Current RT numbers:
Tomatometer: 81%
Reviews: 47 (38 fresh / 9 rotten)
7/10 avg rating

Curreunt IMDb score:
Rating: 8.0
13,755 users

ThisBethesdaSea

An open mind is a terrible thing in these forums. If you want to fit in sir Speedy, you must get negative, and quick. We must accept that Prommy is gonna be total shit, a mess, lazy and then we'll be like the rest of the cool kids! Lolz :) :)

Valaquen

Okay guys, can it. Move on.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Associated Press gives Prometheus 3/4 stars
http://www.mercurynews.com/celebrities/ci_20780200/review-prometheus-gorgeous-intense-trip

They gave Avatar 2.5 and John Carter 1.5 stars

ThisBethesdaSea

I never expected the professional critics to be so generous. I'm quite surprised.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed