Prometheus Extends UK Pre-Sales IMAX Record

Started by Darkness, May 28, 2012, 02:15:07 PM

Author
Prometheus Extends UK Pre-Sales IMAX Record (Read 3,016 times)

Darkness

There’s an updated article on The Hollywood Reporter about how the pre-sale tickets are doing for BFI IMAX in the UK. A the beginning of May, the movie had already surpassed records held by Avatar and Deathly Hallows Part 2. It’s shifted 30,000 tickets in total for BFI IMAX generating £470,977.

Scott’s movie, starring a galaxy of stars including Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elba and Logan Marshall-Green, has earned £470,977 ($737,588) from the 30,000 tickets booked.

By the beginning of May, the BFI Imax said it had booked 18,287 tickets in its first full week of presales at the theater. At that time, ticket sales translated into £293,312 ($474,687) in gross pre-sale tickets, the highest grossing week ever.

Now, one week out from rollout pre-sales have continued to smash pre-sales levels from the 30,000 tickets booked.

That level of pre-booking outruns previous records posted by James Cameron’s Avatar and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Thanks to Peter for the news.

Esoteric_Voyage

no surprise to hear this, i was regretful to find i tried to book a ticket at the theatre way too late.

there is of course still seats in the opening days but mostly bad seats for viewing.

St_Eddie

I'm now relieved that I pre-booked my tickets for the 1st of June, at a regular cinema and for the 3rd of June, at the London IMAX.

I'd say that this news bodes well for a potential 'Prometheus 2'.

Zenzucht

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 28, 2012, 03:32:43 PM
I'm now relieved that I pre-booked my tickets for the 1st of June, at a regular cinema and for the 3rd of June, at the London IMAX.

I'd say that this news bodes well for a potential 'Prometheus 2'.

If the budget is $125 million, it means the movie "have" to make at least $300 million.. Fingers crossed :)

Qwertify

Sequel here we come!!!

zuzuki

Well if all these rumours that there are questions unanswered left, then i really do hope for a sequel

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed