Charlize Theron interview in the UK Daily Mail *Potential Spoilers*

Started by jpierpoint, May 28, 2012, 10:10:55 AM

Author
Charlize Theron interview in the UK Daily Mail *Potential Spoilers* (Read 2,066 times)

jpierpoint

Just come across this interview in the UK's daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2148766/Charlize-Theron-Exclusive-interview.html

What's of interest is......

Spoiler
.....this quote, part of an answer to the 1st question - "She's the machine that runs the machine and is in charge of sending Prometheus into space."

The machine that runs the machine?  I wonder if she's speaking figuratively or literally?  Seems a bit heavy handed to be the latter but you never know!
[close]

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Sorry but I don't get what you're trying to say here, how is this a "potential spoiler" and what confused you specifically?  As you rigthly point out Theron says:

Spoiler
"She's the machine that runs the machine and is in charge of sending Prometheus into space."
[close]

Which raises the question.  But she then she goes on to say:

Spoiler
"She runs a tight ship, but you can tell that she's going to be a problem. She's an enigma; your quintessential bureaucrat making it hard for everybody."
[close]

...the answer is a play on words and right there my friend  :)

Qwertify

This is a conglomerate of old stuff and new stuff. All of the stuff on Prometheus is ages old.

harlock

Spoiler
She's speaking figuratively. As far as we know, she is actually Weyland's daughter and not an android. It's puzzling why they would have someone so high up in the company come along to be the controlling element on the ship, but I guess Weyland felt she was the best person to trust with their agenda.

...Maybe Weyland was afraid of a corporate coup now he is dying and be easier dealt with and his company taken over.
[close]

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: harlock on May 29, 2012, 11:16:04 PM
Spoiler
She's speaking figuratively. As far as we know, she is actually Weyland's daughter and not an android. It's puzzling why they would have someone so high up in the company come along to be the controlling element on the ship, but I guess Weyland felt she was the best person to trust with their agenda.

...Maybe Weyland was afraid of a corporate coup now he is dying and be easier dealt with and his company taken over.
[close]

Spoiler
Vickers tag along, she has no faith in her father dream.
He do not seem to have affection for her he prefer David.
He ask her why did she came if she tought the mission was useless.
She says i could not have stayed to watch the board fight each other to see who will get to lead the company.
Fact is she looks like she wants to bound with him, but he just disses her.
He probably wanted a boy and got a girl and never excused her to be a girl.
[close]

Quote from: NGR01 on May 29, 2012, 11:28:48 PM
Quote from: harlock on May 29, 2012, 11:16:04 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
Vickers tag along, she has no faith in her father dream.
He do not seem to have affection for her he prefer David.
She says i could not have stayed to watch the board fight each other to see who will get to lead the company.
Fact is she looks like she wants to bound with him, but he just disses her.
He probably wanted a boy and got a girl and never excused her to be a girl.
[close]

All the best cowgirls have daddy issues.

harlock

Spoiler
So David is pretty much the corporate link along with Vickers and she just couldn't stand to watch the in-fighting within the corp when he left...

My main issue is although Weyland is on this trip, the company has invested trillions of dollars in this trip, surely they want to see results, but then I guess thats why David wants to freeze Shaw and take her back to Earth...
[close]

NGR01

Spoiler
The main cause for the trip is that Weyland who has the money to do so.
He wants to live forever and he's ready, whatever the cost.
He doesnt have to justify anything it's his company.
The infection of Holloway seems to be just a test to see what the black goo did.
They don't really care for the result (the baby squid) it seems since nobody is sent to collect it when Shaw appears in the medbay where Weyland has just been awaken and is being cleaned by a merc and David.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed