New Prometheus TV Spot Engineer too Short?

Started by MisterBerserker, May 28, 2012, 05:30:55 AM

Author
New Prometheus TV Spot Engineer too Short? (Read 7,405 times)

Valaquen

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 28, 2012, 04:29:09 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on May 28, 2012, 11:53:09 AM
They're 11ft tall according to L'Ecran Fantastique. The Queen puppet in Aliens was 14ft. Pretty big.

Pretty sure that the Engineer characters are 9feet tall accoridng to another source.
L'Ecran directly quotes the guy who made the Engineer suits and puppets, so I'll take his word for now.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Valaquen on May 28, 2012, 04:51:52 PM
L'Ecran directly quotes the guy who made the Engineer suits and puppets, so I'll take his word for now.

Why would you pull a stunt like that? That's too damn reasonable.  ;D

Of course now when I want to find the magazine scan for where I read the 9ft remark I can't find it.  ::)

Valaquen

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 28, 2012, 05:27:48 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on May 28, 2012, 04:51:52 PM

Why would you pull a stunt like that? That's too damn reasonable.  ;D

Of course now when I want to find the magazine scan for where I read the 9ft remark I can't find it.  ::)
I guess it would make sense that the actors in the suits would be, say, 9ft (or under) with prosthetics. I don't think they've yet found a man taller than Ian Whyte  ;D

Mastes1

Quote from: escroto on May 28, 2012, 07:50:42 AM
The fleeing engineer in the hologram that passes through David sizes around 3 meters tall (Fassbender is around 2 meters tall) putting even the old Giger's alien (2'50 meters tall / +8 foot tall) to shame, so I think we've got already our 13 foot engineers similar to the old jockey, right?.

I agree the one in the trailer that attacks Shaw sizes around 2- 2'10 meters tall only. We'll see why in the film. Maybe not a pure jockey at all.
Wrong.

MisterBerserker

MisterBerserker

yeah agree, hopefully there is an explanation to the creature's size

there should totally be a scene where Fassbender fights a jockey, since androids tend to have super human stength... or not

Just saying guys Prometheus Jockey from what we seen so far is way smaller than this guy O_O

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Giger's imagined the original jockey to be about twenty five feet in height and I think I read that in Giger's Alien

Here is the reference, HR Giger "In his seat in the centre of the turntable is the pilot, eight metres (26 feet) tall." (Giger's Alien p34, 25 July, 1978, ) Did he mean what he seems to have said?

I remember the reports out the Engineer being 9 foot tall appeared in Empire.

NGR01

Scott did not give a rat's ass about that ^^
Only poor nitpicking fans like us will disuss it ad nauseum :)

Valaquen

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on May 29, 2012, 03:30:53 PM
Giger's imagined the original jockey to be about twenty five feet in height and I think I read that in Giger's Alien

Here is the reference, HR Giger "In his seat in the centre of the turntable is the pilot, eight metres (26 feet) tall." (Giger's Alien p34, 25 July, 1978, ) Did he mean what he seems to have said?

I remember the reports out the Engineer being 9 foot tall appeared in Empire.
I don't think that thing, given legs, could walk through the halls of the derelict ship.
3meters according to L'Ecran. I really don't care about it not being 25ft.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed