Keeping in Mind the Big Questions

Started by Qwertify, May 26, 2012, 04:07:52 PM

Author
Keeping in Mind the Big Questions (Read 4,336 times)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Well, here's what i think could be interesting answers to those questions....

What is Meredith Vickers' Alternate Agenda?

Spoiler
I believe Vickers' real agenda is to gain control of the Company from her father, who she has become less attached to since the creation of David.
[close]

Who is the second Andriod?

Spoiler
David 8.  Who I believe we may see several times.
[close]

What are in the ampules? What role do they play?

Spoiler
They contain the DNA source of thousands of species across the galaxy, a catalogue of the numerous species the Engineers helped to evolve.
[close]

What were the murals changing into?

Spoiler
They are our equivalent of 3D pictograms that change shape in order to communicate a tell.
[close]

What happened to the Engineers? Why are they all dead within the temple?

Spoiler
Their latest creation (the Hammerpede) designed to protect the Ampule Room, turned against the Enginneer's causing most to abandon the waystation.
[close]

Scott says the mission can be described best as a "challenge" to the Gods. If the Engineers are the gods, how do we challenge them?

Spoiler
Weyland believes this 'invitation' was a challenge the Gods (who we haven't seen yet) had set the Engineers, and is now bestowed upon humans to succeed where they had failed, but it's the rewards he's really after for himself.
[close]

Why is the Juggernaut going to Earth? Who are 'they'?

Spoiler
I don't think the Juggernaught is going to Earth, rather the Last Engineer attempts to reach others of his clan, which could lead to invasion because of what we know.
[close]

Is Peter Weyland on board? (Prometheus)

Spoiler
Yes definately, other than the Engineer's this story is mostly about him.
[close]

How does Holloway & Vickers die?

Spoiler
I think Vickers survives the whole thing.  Hollway becomes a mutant Engineer, killed later on either by the Squid Shaw gives birth to, or (most likely) the woman herself.
[close]

What is the purpose of the giant face/head?

Spoiler
I still believe the Giant Head might really be 'alive' and function as part of the Juggernaught. I also find it curious we've never seen the Juggernaught from the front yet.
[close]

Three Engineers – Last, Ghost, and Sacrifice – who are they and what is their purpose?

Spoiler
1) Sacrifice is the Engineer we know about
2) Ghost is from the hologram I believe tells their tragic story
3) Last is one of a few left behind (for whatever reason) but survived.
[close]

What can we expect from the xenomorphs? What will be the connection in the last 8 minutes?

Spoiler
I don't think we'll see anything from the original film or any direct connection to Alien, but I do believe the last 8 minutes could well feature a face-Hugger variant.
[close]

What is Shaw sorry about?

Spoiler
Shaw is a believer who now feels responsible for persuading others to believe in what they were getting involved in resulting in their deaths.
[close]

How do the survivors get back home/off the planet/all die in the end?

Spoiler
Shaw and Vickers are rescued by a company vessel, then all hell breaks lose with a final showdown against the Hugger variant who gets on board, only Shaw and Vickers survive the outcome.
[close]

What are the stages of the new alien creature? Are there four or more? What are they?

Spoiler

1) Shaw gives birth to a snake-like creature.
2) Later this becomes a giant Squid-like creature with many arms and tentacles.
3) In one last recognisable change it becomes a Hugger variant able to "face rape" multiple hosts.
[close]

Why did the Engineers create us in the first place?

Spoiler
I think the Engineers merely accelerated our evolution on Earth, a task they performed on countless worlds as a tribute to their Gods who (perhaps) had sinister intentions, only for an Engineer called Prometheus to emerge as our saviour for reasons we already know about!
[close]

(Note: some questions I wasn't sure of and added my own interpretation of and may be wrong)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Really nice post Roary. I especially like your ideas on the Juggernaut - that it is not heading to Earth but will lead to its destruction nevertheless (makes sense as one ship to take out Earth? maybe), that Peter Weyland will be a central figure (as pointed out before - you don't pick out a young guy to play an old one, unless he turns young again), and I also suspect that the final form of the creature may not just be the tentacle creature we see in that one shot. I will add these tomorrow when I have some time. Anyways - thanks for taking the time to share this.

harlock

harlock

Some opinions on those questions;

Spoiler
-The ampules most likely contain a mutagenic bioweapon, that is most likely from Engineer dna itself. This bioweapon leads to the formation of altered creatures, of which leads to xeno creation. The Engineers were somehow infected and... I am guessing some got egg-morphed. I say this as Holloway's mutation seems quite horrific but doesn't go full-stage. I think eventually he would have egg-morphed, but instead we get the round-about infestation of Shaw leading to the proto-hugger.

Also the challenge of the gods would be to become their equals, with the creation of androids, we are close. However it is through the use of their 'fire', the contents of the ampules, that the equality lies.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed