User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Keeping in Mind the Big Questions  (Read 2949 times)

Qwertify
May 26, 2012, 04:07:52 PM
Topic on: May 26, 2012, 04:07:52 PM
I was originally going to post this as a part of my blog. However, seeing as how anyone actually interested in reading it would probably be limited to this forum anyway, and the fact that it would be too long for anyone to really enjoy/understand outside of people like you, I decided to just post this straight to here.

This is a list of the most interesting and most important questions to keep in mind while watching the film. I feel that this way you can enter and leave the theater with a better idea of what to look for and what was actually going on. Consider this a discussion that can enrich and enlighten your Prometheus experience.

First and foremost - please provide your own best answers to these questions now if you can, and we can look back here and solve them together later.

My own answers are in spoilers. Don't read them if you don't want to. Please, only provide your answers to any part of the questions.

What is Meredith Vickers’ Alternate Agenda?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Who is the second Andriod?

What are in the ampoules? What role do they play?

What were the murals changing into?

What happened to the Engineers? Why are they all dead within the temple?

Scott says the mission can be described best as a “challenge” to the Gods. If the Engineers are the gods, how do we challenge them?

Why is the Juggernaut going to Earth? Who are ‘they’?

Is Peter Weyland on board?

How does Holloway die? Vickers?
These characters are pretty big in themselves, and come behind only David and Shaw. So how do they die if at all?

What is the purpose of the giant face/head?

Three Engineers – Last, Ghost, and Sacrifice – who are they and what is their purpose?

What can we expect from the xenomorphs? What will be the connection in the last 8 minutes?

What is Shaw sorry about?
If you can remember – in one of the early trailers Shaw is heard saying “We were so wrong,” and then “I’m so sorry.”

How do the survivors get back home/off the planet/all die in the end?

What are the stages of the new alien creature? Are there four or more? What are they?

I am really curious to read what you people are thinking about all this. I know many of you have already answered these somewhere before - but for the sake of keeping things tidy - it would be good to keep at least this part of the predicting to one place. Plus, it cuts down the burden of giving a full forecast.
Anyways - I have given you my thoughts. Please now, give me yours.

Please remember to use spoiler tags where they are necessary.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:36:13 PM by Qwertify »

RustiSwordz
May 26, 2012, 07:17:44 PM
Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 07:17:44 PM
Thats about it really! Pretty cool blog!

Infected
May 26, 2012, 07:59:39 PM
Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 07:59:39 PM
Maybe the hologram on the Juggernaut u see has to do with the derelict.

The question in Alien is: i wonder what happend to the rest of the crew.

What if the answer is shown in the hologram.

Spider-pope
May 26, 2012, 09:10:22 PM
Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 09:10:22 PM
I concur with most of your speculations, particularly with those regarding the appearance (or not) of Xenomorphs in the film. I'm still iffy on the whole Wayland's ultimate goal thing though.

How does it end?

Commander Riker decides he should tell Captain Picard about the U.S.S Pegasus and leaves the Holodeck. Wait no that's a different prequel isn't it?

szkoki
May 26, 2012, 09:33:22 PM
Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 09:33:22 PM
:D now everyone can see that we dont know anything about this movie....cool topic btw  8)

Predaker
May 26, 2012, 10:03:58 PM
Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 10:03:58 PM

Qwertify
May 27, 2012, 08:52:20 AM
Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 08:52:20 AM
I forgot one big question.

That is - why did the Engineers create us in the first place?

Did the Engineers create us - or did something create the Engineers and we are just another species type of that Engineer?

Please contribute.

mn2movies
May 27, 2012, 09:17:11 AM
Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 09:17:11 AM
as you said, space jockeys created us so we could complete the final stage of xenomorph, we are just part of the equation biologically stored and spawned on some back water planet, but what the engineers didnt count on was that we advanced over time, these are my thoughts on the subject, and the ampules probably hold many other species, not just 1, as for vickers hidden agenda well, i have no idea, we will see in the movie next week, as for 2nd droid, im hoping its not vickers, im guessing its weyland

Infected
May 27, 2012, 10:33:53 AM
Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 10:33:53 AM
I think the guys in the ufo are above the jockeys and created life on Earth,
the jockeys are our nemesisters.  ;D

Ruzena
May 27, 2012, 11:22:42 AM
Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 11:22:42 AM
Another set of speculations that float around since last christmas :D The movie is here in 8 days, and I don't really see importance in these conclusions. Time to say goodbye to this site.

Qwertify
May 27, 2012, 11:27:14 AM
Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 11:27:14 AM
I think the guys in the ufo are above the jockeys and created life on Earth,
the jockeys are our nemesisters.  ;D

Yeah. I think that the story teller wants us to make the assumption that those who created us in the first place are 1) benign aliens 2) that are the same ones we find on LV-223.

There seems to be something sinister underlying our creation and what happened on LV-223 and its original purpose. I doubt we will find one shread of good from any of the Engineer's motives or actions. That and there does appear to be some disconnect between the Earth saucer and the Juggernaut. I think the last 8 minutes will show us in some sort of revelation that will in someway answer for 1) why we were created, 2) where the cave paintings came from, 3) how LV-223 is connected to all that, 4) who the Engineers really are.

mn2movies
May 27, 2012, 11:37:24 AM
Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 11:37:24 AM
it will definately be an interesting movie/story, im already looking forward to the sequel

Symn
May 27, 2012, 12:06:05 PM
Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 12:06:05 PM
What is Meredith Vickers’ Alternate Agenda?
1) She's Weylands daughter and cant get hold of the company soon enough
2) Something else. She reminds me of an overprotective mother the way she acts. Maybe she knows the true objectives of the mission but hates them, cooperates only out of family-ties.. But would rather be free of those ties.

Who is the second Andriod?
-Could be Vickers. She could be Weylands daughter as David is Weylands son... Android siblings.

What are in the ampoules? What role do they play?
-genomes of the most deadly species

What were the murals changing into?
-Animation that shows what happened to the engineers/shows ehat they did on planets

What happened to the Engineers? Why are they all dead within the temple?
1) Ultimately their demented religion/cult caused war amongst themselves. I think they slaughtered eachother, in some type of civil war like thing

Why is the Juggernaut going to Earth? Who are ‘they’?
-To start a new beginning of his race, after eradicating us.
Im just hoping there will be more engineers...

-Yeah! But a bigger question: Why cast Guy Pearce to play an old guy? My guess is he will find a cure to his age and will become young again, otherwise they could have saved the trouble of putting makeup on for 10 hours a day and just cast Clint Eastwood or something. And Guy has a much bigger part in this film because hes been at every promotional event with the gang... Idris Elba hasnt even done 1 interview and he's never in the panels at promotional events.

How does Holloway die? Vickers?
These characters are pretty big in themselves, and come behind only David and Shaw. So how do they die if at all?
-If you look careful at the clip, shes torching the guy waving his arms, who looks like David. Since she doesnt give a shit about androids she just lights him up as warning to the others I guess. The guy on the ground getting help is Holloway, and I hope he just dies HORRABLY

What is Shaw sorry about?
If you can remember – in one of the early trailers Shaw is heard saying “We were so wrong,” and then “I’m so sorry"
-She just feels guilty that she brought them there. She thought the place would be totally something else.

How do the survivors get back home/off the planet/all die in the end?
-They're stuck there, if anyone survives

What are the stages of the new alien creature? Are there four or more?
-Parasite > seed > squidbaby > giant tenticlemonster

Qwertify
May 27, 2012, 04:43:05 PM
Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 04:43:05 PM
:D now everyone can see that we dont know anything about this movie....cool topic btw  8)

Thanks - but you are right. The list of answers to these questions can run very long. Nevertheless looking forward to see how close we were and why Riddles choose the route he did, and how it all fits in.

-Yeah! But a bigger question: Why cast Guy Pearce to play an old guy? My guess is he will find a cure to his age and will become young again, otherwise they could have saved the trouble of putting makeup on for 10 hours a day and just cast Clint Eastwood or something. And Guy has a much bigger part in this film because hes been at every promotional event with the gang... Idris Elba hasnt even done 1 interview and he's never in the panels at promotional events.

I noticed the same thing about the interviews and what not.

And I have to say - why not use an old man to play an old man IS a VERY good point. That means we are likely to see him become younger at some point in the film beyond the introduction video. I am guessing he suits up in a jockey outfit and he almost automatically regenerates to his younger form with a nice youthful Peter Weyland face.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:54:18 PM by Qwertify »

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed