Holloway Featurette

Started by Lostsoul, May 25, 2012, 03:41:00 PM

Author
Holloway Featurette (Read 17,963 times)

Lostsoul

palpcaso

palpcaso

Is it me or does Holloway come across as really dumb?

Symn

Symn

Spoiler
At 1:12 you can see the hand of the engineer just inside the frame and he's walking towards that 'extra' and she totally freezes while a merc is shooting at him, HE'S TOTALLY GONNA KILL 'ER I TELLS YA!!
[close]

I think engineers hate women.
Spoiler
The engineer race exterminated their own women in their demented quest for a perfect race, driven by the madness of their own religion. Now they don't procreate... they just cre-ate (themselves) via genetic engineering, they have perfect body's with unnaturally symetric faces and such features. Anyway... that's why he kills her I think. Could be wrong tho.... so.. don't bet too high.
[close]

Quote from: palpcaso on May 25, 2012, 09:11:43 PM

It's not you. He's just there to attract a young female audience. The way he says 'anything and everything' especially doesn't impress me AT ALL. I bet he didn't even talk to 1 scientist to do research for this role.

Skylark Duquesne

Skylark Duquesne

Quote from: Symn on May 25, 2012, 09:20:34 PM
Spoiler
At 1:12 you can see the hand of the engineer just inside the frame and he's walking towards that 'extra' and she totally freezes while a merc is shooting at him, HE'S TOTALLY GONNA KILL 'ER I TELLS YA!!
[close]

The "extra" is Kate Dickie, actually. You can see the VFX guys make a 3D scan of her. What for ? Virtual mangling ? Wouldn't that be better done the Rob Bottin way ? Unless she dies in a very, very weird fashion.
Your speculations about the Engineers make sense.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Symn on May 25, 2012, 09:20:34 PM
It's not you. He's just there to attract a young female audience. The way he says 'anything and everything' especially doesn't impress me AT ALL. I bet he didn't even talk to 1 scientist to do research for this role.

Pffft. Who needs to research for roles and stuff? They can just wing it. It's just a movie ya know. Not like it becomes representative of anything.

Next you'll be expecting them to use logic, and stuff.  ;D

eeh... Sorry, i'm dragging baggage from one thread to another.  :)

Deuterium

Deuterium

Did I just hear Holloway's character state that this was his first "intergalactic" mission.  Did I really just hear that right?  I mean, he is supposed to be a scientist, so I presume he knows the correct meaning of the term?

Okay, so it wasn't enough to feature FTL travel...Ridley has to take us to a completely different goddamn galaxy!!   ;D

Evidentally 100 billion plus stars in our Milky Way isn't a big enough playground.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Jesus...y'all are a broken record. Let it be what it is maybe? pwease oh pwease? :) :) ;D :o :P ::) :'(

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 25, 2012, 10:09:03 PM
Jesus...y'all are a broken record. Let it be what it is maybe? pwease oh pwease? :) :) ;D :o :P ::) :'(

Thank you for saying this. I've been waiting for this moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o#ws

:)

Quote from: Deuterium on May 25, 2012, 09:56:57 PM
Evidentally 100 billion plus stars in our Milky Way isn't a big enough playground.

Hahaha!

Sadly, all it would have taken is reading one science book for five seconds to realize "DOI, I should use "extrasolar" but no. They're too busy asking about the origin of man to do that:)

I pretty much knew Holloway wasn't gonna be that great a character from what I was seeing already, but that doesn't detract from the rest of the characters. They all seem pretty awesome so far.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

For those of you with a deep-seated fear of French subtitles, this also exists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkAwpDKENJk#ws

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Deuterium on May 25, 2012, 09:56:57 PM
Did I just hear Holloway's character state that this was his first "intergalactic" mission.  Did I really just hear that right?  I mean, he is supposed to be a scientist, so I presume he knows the correct meaning of the term?

Okay, so it wasn't enough to feature FTL travel...Ridley has to take us to a completely different goddamn galaxy!!   ;D

If we don't stop it, there won't be any home to go back to!

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm still believing that a literal link to the world of Blade Runner will be established in Prometheus...a mention of the Tyrell corporation by name, etc...

There's some HUGE things we're not being told...grand revelations...of which reminds me. Patrick Wilson said this

"It was an absolute thrill," Wilson said of his time on Scott's set. "I was blown away by [the script] and I don't use that sort of phrase a lot, but I was blown away by it, so excited that I wanted to read it again. I just kept re-reading it, even though I knew what was coming. And put it this way, I've never done this, I've never finished the shooting on a movie, and then on the ride home read the script again. I had no reason to read it, it was not work-oriented, I just really loved it, it's so cool."

SM

SM

The name is a giveaway.

His "way" is "hollow".

Ruzena

Ruzena

Tbh I have this feeling since I first saw him in the teaser, I hope he dies a horrible death :D

dembones

dembones

I kind of like Holloway. I thought he looked almost sickly in early stills from the landing sequence, so  I figured he was searching for some kind of health extending tech OR was treating the trip as his final bucket list item.

Now he reads as avg dudebro  and I'll take that over a Shaw who seems  too much like the "too stupid too live" women's fic heroines I can't stand.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Any new footage? I don't want to watch if there is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed