UPDATED *spoilers* BBFC's Detailed Report on Prometheus's Rating

Started by Qwertify, May 22, 2012, 05:45:23 AM

Author
UPDATED *spoilers* BBFC's Detailed Report on Prometheus's Rating (Read 30,675 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: Deuterium on May 23, 2012, 05:23:16 PM
Ha ha, true that.  But besides the peeing story (which is probably apocryphal), she is damn classy, right?

:)

AVP-CAPCOM

Well given that AVP-R was uncut and rated "15" in the UK is proof that the BBFC is far more lenient on violence and censorship.

Even Kick-ass got a 15 as well* (*that one raised eyebrows).

US you've just got to chill both the BBFC and MPAA have different categories/criteria for rating movies.

BBFC is more of a case by case rating. Here are some weird rating systems

ALIEN VS PREDATOR PG-13 (US) 15 (UK)
TERMINATOR 3- R (US) 12A (UK)
CLOVERFIELD PG-13 (US) 15 (UK)
AVP-R R (US) 15 (UK)

OpenMaw

I think you rather defeated your own point. Cloverfield got a 15, whilst Terminator 3 only received a 12 A? What was in cloverfield that it deserved the higher rating between those two, exactly?

I still recall the one bit of censorship Evil Dead 2 endured in the UK. You can hack people to bits, but you cannot kick a man when he is down!  :laugh:

Wobblyboddle77

The reason cloverfield got a 15 is because the level of psychological threat and intensity was higher, so the bbfc gave the film a 15, terminator 3 used alot of fantasy violence such as when the two terminators were fighting, so the context it was based in is mostly fantasy e.g. judgement day, and also a shape shifting antagonist. The strong language was infrequent, and each time was aimed at the terminator, and was non sexual in context , which the bbfc allow, and the part when the tx puts her hand through the police officers stomach is strong but fantastical in context too. The unrated version of terminator salvation too is only a 12 in the u.k and so is the uncut version of fast five. It dosent take genius to work the above out.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on May 23, 2012, 06:29:48 PM
It dosent take genius to work the above out.

Oh, well, forgive me then. This non-genius type is going to exit the thread.  ;)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Ooze on First on May 23, 2012, 03:52:25 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 23, 2012, 01:33:02 PM
BAD LANGUAGE! O NOEZ! :o

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/416152862_e6ce991962.jpg

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 22, 2012, 11:53:10 PM
If Halle Berry's brief exposed breasts scene in Swordfish added $500000 to her fee ... imagine how much Charlize Theron's would fetch. Ridely got to keep the budget down with those surgical bandages.

Probably not much more. She's not in the Hollywood leagues of someone like Kate Beckinsale and some actors, male and female, really don't give a damn about getting their kit off on screen.

Amusingly, Beckinsale, who was conned into going topless on one of her earliest films, revealed years later that she pissed in the director's tea in revenge, without him ever realising. :D

Personally speaking, I don't care about nudity. Less is very often more, IMO. Interesting that Scott, who once famously said that sex scenes are boring unless you're personally involved, seems to be:

Spoiler
Including one here.
[close]

Kate Beckinsale can pee in my tea any time she wants.  :-*
Micheal Fassbender puts some cream in my coffee any day of the week...

Mr. Domino

I'm rather pleased by this information. Seems that Riddles isn't going quite as overboard with the gore as the WonderCon panel with him and Lindelof led me to believe. I'm all for threat and terror, but I like it when they keep the gore down to necessary levels.

same as Predators, interesting.

anndrayya

anndrayya

I don't think its that spoilery.... anyone who has read interviews etc about the movie knows yes its sci-fi but it's also survival horror.

Gore, is to be expected. They didn't say who it happened to, what order it happened in, if all injuries were fatal etc. They certainly didn't give key plot points. Nothing they said is going to give you definitive answers or insight about the movie.

People get hurt, people die, people bump uglies, its in outer space.

I get hurt, I learn people have died, I bump an ugly here and there, my mind stays on another planet. Maybe I'm just not affected by the article cause its everyday life for me.   :)

I'm just saying don't be too scared to read it.

Quote from: AvatarIII on May 23, 2012, 09:21:41 PM
same as Predators, interesting.

This post interesting  :laugh:  I super duper love how subtle you are!!

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Slightly enhanced image with off camera blackness taken out of picture:

......just a thought I have absolutely no proof, but is that hair on the back of the head...... could this really be Weyland??

RagingDragon

Mm yes..

Is that the Bane Jockey? ;) :D

DendaReloaded

dunno, i found this picture this morning.
and notice david standing in the background

RagingDragon

Spoiler
Bet it's the inside of the sarcophogi... (Jockey hypersleep chamber) right as the big boy wakes up.
[close]

Plokoon111

Man things with black eyes always scared the hell out of me, Micheal Myers, Storm of the century, Devil ect. Great touch to the
Spoiler
engineers.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed