Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer

Started by gigantitan, May 21, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer (Read 66,469 times)

Evilution

Shame about the delay as that trailer was amazing i will still deffo be getting this.

Cellien

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 22, 2012, 05:57:16 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 22, 2012, 05:49:38 PM
Someone at gearbox said they are focused on working on the game right now, so no demo coming soon. (At the gearbox forums)

We might see a demo right before the release, though. :)

I pray that it won't be a multi-player online deathmatch DEMO only. I would hate for it to be that.

I despise online deathmatch demos as well.  I never bother with them.

Xenomrph

Quote from: mastermoon on May 22, 2012, 10:35:50 PM
Quote from: Galliruler on May 22, 2012, 03:44:06 PM
At least the delay will give me more time to get money for this;

What a waste, they made that for no reason because the game was delayed.
I'm quite confident that special edition set will still get released.

jonesycat79

oh wow this looks amazing.
i enjoyed the past AvP games, and found myself really enjoying the marine campaigns, and this one seems to be pretty solid in that vein while also making it feel more immersive, because the last Avp game really felt like it was rolling with the marine side of things.

As long as the story refreshes the franchise I'll be ok with it even after the long wait, but man is this thing becoming more unbearable to gestate than a baby queen, but when it finally bursts forth its gonna be a rip roaring monster.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Yautja 1994 on May 22, 2012, 04:35:39 AM
Quote from: gigantitan on May 21, 2012, 01:19:46 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty sad news, but at least i think it's for the best, i'hope  :'(

Don't fool yourselves, It's very probably that Gearbox will add nothing to the game.
This is just for sales reasons, they don't wanna compete with Black Ops 2 and Halo 4.

And Resident Evil 6. I still think September would work since I don't think anything major comes that month then Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Far Cry 3?

PFC Hudson

Really disappointed with the delay, hopefully it will be worth the wait....At least they fixed the pulse rifle sound.

WinterActual

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 22, 2012, 06:31:27 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Actual on May 22, 2012, 06:12:20 PM
Because this demo will piss off everybody rather than hook the players.
Why?
The sounds are wrong, animations are bad, textures are ridiculous, everything is unbalanced, blood and acid splashes are joke, the list goes on and on.

Predaker

It wasn't polished but it appeared to be balanced. Still, they should not release a pre-alpha demo anyway.

SM

I'm not hearing a great deal wrong with the sounds.  There is some machine gun sounds that don't sound much like pulse rifles or smart guns.  But there's also sounds that sound just like pulse rifles and smart guns.  Which sound the same anyway.

The tracker at the start is a bit too low in pitch, but it still sounds like a tracker.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: SM on May 23, 2012, 04:54:46 AM
I'm not hearing a great deal wrong with the sounds.  There is some machine gun sounds that don't sound much like pulse rifles or smart guns.  But there's also sounds that sound just like pulse rifles and smart guns.  Which sound the same anyway.

The tracker at the start is a bit too low in pitch, but it still sounds like a tracker.
aliens sound like frogs when dying, and most of their sounds are ADI, nota Cameron's. There our 100% material truthful to Cameron eh Gearbox? :laugh:

Also, I'm pretty sure this new delay has a lot to do with Borderlands2. GB is lying once more

WinterActual

Quote from: Predaker on May 23, 2012, 04:53:24 AM
but it appeared to be balanced
Yeah sure except the fact if xeno pounces on you, your teammates have less than a second to kill it otherwise its instant kill for the xeno like the AvP 2010 E-Grab >.<

Xenomrph

Quote from: escroto on May 23, 2012, 07:35:51 AM
Quote from: SM on May 23, 2012, 04:54:46 AM

aliens sound like frogs when dying, and most of their sounds are ADI, nota Cameron's. There our 100% material truthful to Cameron eh Gearbox? :laugh:
Nope the sounds are right out of 'Aliens', sorry.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 23, 2012, 08:03:15 AM
Nope the sounds are right out of 'Aliens', sorry.

Some of them are not from Aliens.

Xenomrph

For example?

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 23, 2012, 08:23:00 AM
For example?

I've heard a few shorter shrieks which sound nothing like the sound work done for Aliens. Which I do have, by the way. I created an entire sound library of Alien/Aliens sound work. They sound like some of the stuff mixed for AVP/AVP:R (which contrary to popular opinion did not just reuse Aliens sounds, it had some new stuff mixed in there too.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed