Aliens : Killing Floor Mod

Started by Hemi, May 20, 2012, 07:53:17 PM

Author
Aliens : Killing Floor Mod (Read 56,577 times)

Hemi

Hemi

Animation-wise, were kinda stuck with what the Killing Floor game has to offer. We can, however, add classes like our Stalker alien that walks on both legs and increase their size.

As I said though, this is a mod and not a full game studio working on it 24-7. We can only do so much tweaking.

I can only promise we will look into making them bigger. But the simple fact is the maps for killing floor dont like big ass enemies. Doors height and blocking volumes would totally screw up the gameplay value of the mod and make it unplayable. Aliens would get stuck on them making it frustrating to play it.

Make us maps that support bigger enemies hehe  ;D

tinytoonlolaliens

tinytoonlolaliens

Yeah I know what you are talking about. I know the engine myself too and, whats's more, I'm convinced If you made them as big as they should be, you would end up finding severe hitbox problems, because as you have said, KF engine allows little enemies only, even when head on (not imposing enemies), so increasing the size of the aliens to Its correct size (towering beasts) would cause hitbox glithching; i mean, you would hit them even by shooting to the (air, or space) hitboxes next to them.

Making the aliens as they should be would requiere a complete new engine, prepared to manage incredibly huge enmies that would make you turn your mouse view up anytime you met a standard alien head on, not to mention a praetorian. That's why I can't stand what has happened in avp2010 and ACM again; they had the perfect chance to create and portray the true scary monster the alien was once (once and for all)l, but Foxtards again ended up pleasing the cancer the casual audience is, and forced GB and Rebellion 8that's why I prefer to believe, but not sure yet) to make failaliens again that could please and appeal both the casual cancer and the kids, or which is the same..=$$$$$

If you allow me, I would like to give you an approximate correct reference for you to use next time (with another engine in another mod If it allows it) on the classic human born aliens, no matter a Classic Cameralien or iconic's Giger monstrosity (they actually size the same, both were +8 foot tall, so does the vicious runner when on Its two as well). You may find that perfect reference I'm talking about in avp2010 praetorian. Yes, that should be the correct size of the standard aliens (you have to look up to see Its face when It stands onn Its two right in front of you). They will tell you that's too much, but you know that's the truth right?

Well, like I said good luck on the project mate, and see you again on your next one.

Gren_86

Gren_86

This mod looks sick, I applaud your whole team's dedication and efforts of bringing such entertainment value to us, the fans! 

Bio Mech Hunter

This looks damn awesome. I think I'm going to have to get into this. lol

PVTDukeMorrison

I think the smart gun should have a crosshair when using the eyepiece

Predaker

Predaker

Make the aliens big like Godzilla!  :laugh:

Spoiler
[close]

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Predaker on Dec 03, 2012, 08:09:56 PM
Make the aliens big like Godzilla!  :laugh:

Spoiler
[close]

Words cannot describe just how much WIN that pic contains. \m/

Swift_Brutal_Death

Map in progress I'm creating for WPC's amazing mod

Pictures:
Spoiler

[close]

And video (1080 available):
Spoiler

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Thanks for the help. Thus far, it's ridiculous. I could barely play with three people total (myself included), without dying under 5 mins. Unfortunately, my laptop is sub-par, not built for gaming. It struggles and kind of ruins the mood, so to speak, but I really like the mod. You guys did a fantastic job on it.

Hemi

Hemi

Next patch will arrive after the x-mas event of TWI. That will further balance the mod in the sense of making the queen slightly less rapey. Also 2 new linebreakers will be added in the form of an improved Alien Stalker that will be tall/standing upright and offcourse the infamous Preatorian.

tinytoonlolaliens

tinytoonlolaliens

Quote from: Hemi on Dec 05, 2012, 02:10:28 PMimproved Alien Stalker that will be tall/standing upright and offcourse the infamous Preatorian.
Nice, looking forward to seeing that giger-alien.

Why "infamous" for the praetorian?, is It gonna be even more difficult than this queen or something like that xD?

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: tinytoonlolaliens on Dec 03, 2012, 07:57:08 AM
Quote from: Hemi on Dec 02, 2012, 07:07:31 PMcamerons aliens were much smaller then the Alien from part 1 or the Runner.
Really?
http://i46.tinypic.com/23h7u45.jpg
+8 foot tall, just like Giger's alien, or like the most recent space jockey from Poopmetheus. (that dude with the jerk face in the photo is around 1'80 meters tall btw, so not a dwarf you know)

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Dec 02, 2012, 07:31:03 PMbut it's a necesary evil if you want them to not look goofy.
The root of the problem, the people who keep thinking that way.

We'll never get to enjoy a true portrayal of the aliens in a game, and how imposing and scary they are, until this pathetically wrong and baseless concept gets finally discarded once and for all. Until then, all we will see will be lolalien toons, like the ones form avp2010, like the ones now in ACM, like this ones from the mod, etc.
THANK YOU. It's refreshing to see someone else that knows.

Hemi

Hemi

While the new aliens are going to look sexy...I wish to raise another question with the alien fanboys.

Do we wish to see more characters from the other movies. Maybe play as Morse from alien 3, or Dallas from the first one. I know they don't look like a spitting image of the real actors, but we can have a little fun with them. Get some good quotes in from the other movies.

Your thoughts.

livin_target

livin_target

Alright... some thoughts...

Generally pretty good, especially for a mod. It could use a tidy up here and there but a very promising first release. I think my biggest complaint is how wide and open all the maps are, but I understand that that is to do with the size of the Queen. I dislike the pulse rifle's iron sights as well-  it's not the best of rifles to fit the purpose with it's huge green frame but I couldn't really work out where to aim when looking down the sights. Some of the aliens movements didn't quite feel as imposing as they should either- mainly the slower aliens. It did remind me of the movements from the original movie but because the players are armed with weapons that can cut aliens down, the monster slowly creeping towards you didn't quite have the same feel. However, on that note, I did like how you managed to incorporate a variety of different aliens into the mod and that the variety transcended looks and minor differences in stats.

One of the things I was particularly pleased with was the difficulty- I don't know if anyone else had trouble with this but the groups I played with often found themselves short of ammo during a wave forcing us to go out and scour the surrounding area. It did get easier as we acquired more weapons (and in turn, more ammo) but it worked well to force us out of chokepoints that are so prevalent in KF. When we did (finally) reach the Queen, she tore us a new arsehole very quickly as well, which was all good and fun.

Do we wish to see more characters from the other movies. Maybe play as Morse from alien 3, or Dallas from the first one. I know they don't look like a spitting image of the real actors, but we can have a little fun with them. Get some good quotes in from the other movies.

I'm kind of split here. On the one hand it would be good to see some more favourites like Dallas but on the other hand, I do quite like the feel of "Colonial marines vs Aliens". If you were to add more, I'd love to see some of the bioweapons guys from the end of Alien 3, even if they don't say much. But I'd actually prefer it if some of the weapons that just got reskins got more unique models seeing as the reskin kind of broke the atmosphere for me a bit.

Overall great job though.

Hemi

Hemi

Mod is now also available in the Steam WorkShop.

:)

Yeah..we will just leave those then. There is a new SMG comin, hopefully next update it will be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rRwKL2_XFY#ws

New map is on the server, and its very good.

The website download now only features the above map. The others will be released again once we ironed out the "bugs" lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed