Interview with Young "Shaw"

Started by ikarop, May 17, 2012, 01:20:25 PM

Author
Interview with Young "Shaw" (Read 15,619 times)

KidneyScott

KidneyScott

Quote from: ucdom on May 17, 2012, 01:32:40 PM
Worked on set with Fassbender !!!?

What the...

David's first directive is to hand out Werthers Originals.

nostromo mechanic

I've also considered the idea of Shaw being a robot. The one person that we expect to be human turning out to be a robot would be a "Sixth Sense" type of shocker to many people. If she does give birth to something that takes on her traits, then maybe that's where the "mechanical" in our Bio-mechanical Xenos originate from. The mating of organic and robotic life forms.

Sharp Sticks

mastermoon

mastermoon

Thats very interesting, I like that Ridley Scott wants to develop Elizabeth Shaw.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Bad Replicant on May 17, 2012, 10:36:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK6nNlIEroo#ws
I think I just swooned in my cubicle.

Also, childhood flashbacks are one of the laziest plot devices out there. I hope Riddles does it right.

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Cvalda on May 17, 2012, 11:19:42 PM
Quote from: Bad Replicant on May 17, 2012, 10:36:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK6nNlIEroo#ws
I think I just swooned in my cubicle.

Also, childhood flashbacks are one of the laziest plot devices out there. I hope Riddles does it right.

True. I think - I hope - that this appears when she is in hypersleep. I suspect that shot of David in the yellow goggles is when he's accessing the sleeper's dreams (which would be a nice nod to Alan Dean Foster's novelizations) and he sees Shaw dreaming about her childhood.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ucdom on May 18, 2012, 07:26:48 AM
True. I think - I hope - that this appears when she is in hypersleep. I suspect that shot of David in the yellow goggles is when he's accessing the sleeper's dreams (which would be a nice nod to Alan Dean Foster's novelizations) and he sees Shaw dreaming about her childhood.

That sounds to be the most likely to me.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 17, 2012, 04:15:42 PM
A model that advanced 230-something years before Call.

Alllllright.

Gives a whole new meaning to what all that milky white fluid in Ash and Bishop could be, doesn't it? :D

Quote from: nostromo mechanic on May 17, 2012, 09:40:23 PM
I've also considered the idea of Shaw being a robot. The one person that we expect to be human turning out to be a robot would be a "Sixth Sense" type of shocker to many people. If she does give birth to something that takes on her traits, then maybe that's where the "mechanical" in our Bio-mechanical Xenos originate from. The mating of organic and robotic life forms.

That would only be logical if artificial components, like metal and plastic, had DNA.

They don't. :)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Depends. Remember "Nanotech" was one of Weyland's specific remarks for the 21st century.

Big things do have small beginnings after all. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed