Yet another little featurette - 'Vision Of Prometheus'

Started by Bad Replicant, May 17, 2012, 12:55:39 PM

Author
Yet another little featurette - 'Vision Of Prometheus' (Read 36,095 times)

Cvalda

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 18, 2012, 04:52:43 AM
Being the "nice guy" is apparently not what most women want decide saying otherwise, but I suppose that is in of itself a bit of a generalization.
Helpful tip: never refer to yourself as a "nice guy"--most guys who claim they are actually aren't. You shouldn't have to say you are in the first place; actions speak louder than words.

But yes, the awful cliches that women mostly go after douche bags is true. But that's because most men are douche bags, and most women are too stupid to tell.

It's less a problem of gender, and more a problem of the entire human race in general being total morons.

Qwertify

English versions of Shaw and Holloway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-DMzhl15E0#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANPu1cTUqzc#ws

Just reposting in case people on the forums are confused by why the featurette thread is about dating advice.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 04:59:45 AM
But yes, the awful cliches that women mostly go after douche bags is true. But that's because most men are douche bags, and most women are too stupid to tell.

Yep. This is true. But it should also be pointed out that "feeling entitled to pussy because you are nice" is just a different species of Douchery.

It's less a problem of gender, and more a problem of the entire human race in general being total morons.

Spoiler
You sound about ready to give up your toe now Cvalda.  ;)
[close]

Cvalda

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 18, 2012, 05:08:35 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Would you believe me if I told you that Aimee Mann once looked at me--and laughed? :P
[close]

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Being the "nice guy" is apparently not what most women want decide saying otherwise, but I suppose that is in of itself a bit of a generalization.
Helpful tip: never refer to yourself as a "nice guy"--most guys who claim they are actually aren't. You shouldn't have to say you are in the first place; actions speak louder than words.

I suppose what you are saying is true, I suppose I should've worded that differently as I have heard the phrase before it just didn't click with my brain while I was typing it all out. Think before you speak, or err..type as they might say.

Looks like I am suffering from Holloway Syndrome, oh dear. :D Cvalda, can I rely on you to turn up the flamethrower if it progresses?

It's just that I've heard it many times before from many different women, and my ex's have all said I was a "awesome" boyfriend as I find douche bags and, the mistreatment of women, and the like as utterly detestable.

And I agree, most of the human race are completely made up of morons.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 05:12:23 AM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 18, 2012, 05:08:35 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Would you believe me if I told you that Aimee Mann once looked at me--and laughed? :P
[close]

What did you ask her to sign?

Spoiler
[close]

Crazy Rich

Facta non Verba.  ;)

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: Crazy Rich on May 18, 2012, 05:20:02 AM

Facta non Verba.  ;)

"Deeds, Not Words". Something I live my life by. Latin for Latin, "Apercu"

Cvalda

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 18, 2012, 05:19:44 AM
What did you ask her to sign?

Spoiler
[close]
I love 'Til Tuesday, and I am not ashamed. :P

Spoiler
I was actually filming her for a boyfriend who was a huge fan. Halfway through the set she looked down and saw I was still shooting, and nearly broke out into a laugh mid-song. A magical moment.

[close]

RoyaleDuke

I feel so lame, I don't have any cool stories of meeting cool and or famous people.

Wait...Well I did see Hunter S. Thompson once.

Qwertify

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 18, 2012, 05:27:16 AM
I feel so lame, I don't have any cool stories of meeting cool and or famous people.

Wait...Well I did see Hunter S. Thompson once.

I once touched Dennis Rodman's jacket while he was trying to get into his restaurant in Chicago.

Cvalda

Quote from: Qwertify on May 18, 2012, 05:35:48 AM
I once touched Dennis Rodman's jacket while he was trying to get into his restaurant in Chicago.
I hope you remembered to wash your hands afterward.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 04:59:45 AMBut that's because most men are douche bags, and most women are too stupid to tell.

Horseshit.

Vickers

Quote from: Qwertify on May 18, 2012, 04:00:45 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 03:52:57 AM
Herm. Fassbender's smokin' hot, and none of us are complaining about his acting.

It has nothing to do with his acting - it's because y'all have a crush on the Fassbender, while you all hate how cocky LGM is, and y'all hate how well he knows how hot he is. I mean I am sure they both can get plenty of leg - but Fassbender is a little more modest about it.

I mean - do you think RScott made a bad choice with him? He has a stellar cast around him Theron, Fassbender, Rapace, Elba, etc. So would he really match all that with someone who can't compare?

Honestly, I don't find Fassbender that attractive.  He's got a certain charm to him and he has a decent body but his face isn't all that (in my opinion).  Logan Marshall Green is a little more attractive, I'll admit.  He reminds me of Tom Hardy who I like but he's still not one of my favourites.

But when it comes down to acting, looks don't count for anything.  It doesn't matter if you're supermodel material or need to put a paperbag on your head - if you can't act, looks won't mask anything or sway my judgement.  Charlize Theron is beautiful and she's one of the strongest actresses of her generation.  She is a chameleon and even if she's acted in some mediocre films, she invests in her characters 110%.

So attractiveness and acting don't go hand in hand - not for me, anyway.

I don't question Ridley Scott's talent but nobody is perfect and people can make bad judgement.  Ridley might have seen something in Logan Marshall Green he liked but ultimately it might have been a choice that was the weakest link in the casting.  I have nothing personal against him.  I liked him in Devil but I don't think he's on the level of Fassbender, Rapace and Theron.

Maybe at one point in the film I'll change my mind on his acting and character.  Stranger things have happened.

At the end of the day, different strokes for different folks.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 18, 2012, 06:14:19 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 18, 2012, 04:59:45 AMBut that's because most men are douche bags, and most women are too stupid to tell.

Horseshit.

It's possible but remember, there are billions of people on the planet, thre is probably lots of good guys in the world.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed