First Prometheus Clip Now Online!

Started by Darkoo, May 14, 2012, 03:36:39 PM

Author
First Prometheus Clip Now Online! (Read 45,370 times)

Space Sweeper

Lolz, only reason people don't like the Weyland Industries logo and "PROMETHEUS" tag on the side of the ship is because it wasn't there before. Come on people, what you saw before was a work in progress and this is an end result; when I say this, I'm speaking for all of the new effects we've seen in recent trailers. This isn't a 'special edition' this is a finished product; discern whether you like it or not based on the content, not the change it's gone through.

Anyway, the clip is looks beautiful, the entire look of the planet's entry is gorgeous and it was a very unique tone to it. Elba brings some swagger to Janek that I'm really liking, very believable interaction with the bridge all around. The music also compliments it wonderfully. Just from what we see here, I imagine the non-edited full scene will be quite mesmerizing to watch. I'm thoroughly impressed.

Symn

Symn

Quote from: 180924609 on May 15, 2012, 12:04:34 AM
"Yeah baby, yeah."

Janek rules.

That's what I mean with talking 'like he's in a rap video'... just sounds so unprofessional. blergh!

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Symn on May 15, 2012, 09:31:25 AM
"Yeah baby, yeah."

Janek rules.

That's what I mean with talking 'like he's in a rap video'... just sounds so unprofessional. blergh!
you make me want to crack my skull open on the side of a glass table.

Symn

Symn

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 15, 2012, 02:25:10 AM
One of these guys is not like the others...

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=43438.0;attach=737;image

Haha!! Brilliant! LMG should have become a model and stuck with that.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Wasn't Michael Biehn considered a pretty boy? I'm sure just about every Aliens/Terminator-era article refers to him as the boy next door.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 15, 2012, 09:22:42 AM
Lolz, only reason people don't like the Weyland Industries logo and "PROMETHEUS" tag on the side of the ship is because it wasn't there before. Come on people, what you saw before was a work in progress and this is an end result; when I say this, I'm speaking for all of the new effects we've seen in recent trailers. This isn't a 'special edition' this is a finished product; discern whether you like it or not based on the content, not the change it's gone through.

Sorry, Space.  Usually I agree with a lot of what you have to say but I have to disagree with you on that.  At least the following is true in my case.  I can't speak for everybody else, of course.

It's not so much the fact the CGI is changing.  The concern here is...

If it changes and the result looks good, then I'm all for it.  But if it ends up looking overdone or tacky, that's where I go from tolerating all the CGI in this film to just rolling my eyes with each new unnecessary change.  Here's an example of what works and what doesn't (in my opinion):

Spoiler

Row 1: I'm not too sure why whatever that is was made darker but it kind of loses something, in my opinion.  But it doesn't look terrible.
Row 2: Ok, so they added the ringed planet in... understandable.  But what's with those colours?  I prefer the original, more natural colour scheme.
Row 3: This time, the colour grading is actually an improvement.  Awesome!  But now some of the set design in the back is lost with all the added particles to this shot.
Row 4: I will admit, I prefer the altered version in this case.  I feel that there's a better sense of some distance between Shaw and the derelict and it's nicely blended in.
Row 5: It appears that the ship is rotated 180 degrees.  It does actually look better in the altered shot.
Row 6: I don't like this at all.  First of all, I'm not crazy about the idea of having Prometheus written so big on the side of the ship.  And second of all, it looks really fake and the text almost appears to be floating.
Row 7: Horrible, horrible, horrible!  I know a lot of people aren't crazy about the original version either but let's forget about the size of the space jockey (which I don't mind to be honest because it's not necessarily THE space jockey).  That colour grading looks tacky and overall the altered shot looks cheap, I'm afraid.
[close]

INB4 somebody twists my words and says I'm attacking Ridley Scott.  I'm merely commenting on what is already there.

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

I would also consider the fact that it is 3D movie, so they might rearrange things in the shot to appear more shallow/deep in 3D.

VickersAsh

VickersAsh

Quote from: Symn on May 15, 2012, 09:31:25 AM
"Yeah baby, yeah."

Janek rules.

tell us how you really feel

oh and i totally agree with Vickers on most of the CGI overdoing. especially with the jockey scene. it was so much more beautiful and creepier the way it was

ThisBethesdaSea

"tolerating all the CGI in this film"

A film that comparatively uses way less then any other releasing on this scale. I can't wait until this releases just so people will shut the frak up about this tedious nonsense.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 15, 2012, 11:56:41 AM
"tolerating all the CGI in this film"

A film that comparatively uses way less then any other releasing on this scale. I can't wait until this releases just so people will shut the frak up about this tedious nonsense.

And I wish people will let other people air their own opinions, even if they may not be, "OMG! This film is going to be epic in every way! Everything looks perfect so far."

I get that you want to wait for the film before you pass judgement but if all the footage, stills, articles and other content released isn't enough to pass judgement, then studios may as well just stop releasing any kind of content and just say, "Wait for the film before you comment."

I would even argue that they've shown too much already.  But it was my choice to watch the footage and that's not the issue here.

metalos

metalos

New TV Spot. There are too many spoiler in this 30 sec video.

Spoiler

Glaive

Glaive

I'm calling BULLSHIT on this clip...WHERE was all THIS??

EXT. PROMETHEUS. SPACE

The ship then enters the planet's atmosphere and is quickly surrounded by burning heat. The ship now descends into the PLANET like a fireball.

INT. CONTROL ROOM

Everyone and everything is now shaking due to turbulence. The protective shutters are now bright red. 

INT. PASSENGER ROOM

as everyone closes their eyes as the strong turbulence shakes them, ELIZABETH begins whimpering. HOLLOWAY reaches out and grabs her hand.

EXT. PROMETHEUS. DAY

The large craft speeds through the Atmosphere it is still engulfed in a fireball. As it speeds down the fire fades and the brightly lit craft.

INT. CONTROL ROOM. DAY

Suddenly the shaking stops and the shutters begins to go back to it's normal grey color.

CHANCE
That's us in sir

JANEK
Open the shutters

RAVEL activates a button which opens the shutters.
They can now see the cloudy, grim mountainous landscape. Through the large 250 inch windscreen a mountain taller than Mount Everest can be seen getting closer.

JANEK
Shit!

CHANCE
Ravel move this f**ker!

RAVEL
I'm trying

EXT. PROMETHEUS. DAY

The PROMETHEUS pulls up missing the mountain by only a hundred or so yards. The ship then passes it and then starts speeding down the other side of the mountain. It is speeding through the dense clouds.
The PROMETHEUS leaves a long chem trail behind as it speeds down toward the PLANET'S surface toward the Himalayas type mountainous landscape.

INT. CONTROL ROOM. DAY

JANEK
Ravel you're going too fast! Slow down!

RAVEL
I'm trying to!

RAVEL yells as he pulls back his flight stick.

EXT. PROMETHEUS. DAY

The ship then speeds through the middle of these towering canyons of mountains.
We now have a P.O.V of the ships journey. We are speeding in between towering canyons at a highly dangerous and fast speed. Suddenly there is a DEAD END. We are heading for the face of another large mountain.

INT. CONTROL ROOM. DAY

JANEK
Ravel?

RAVEL
I know

JANEK
Jesus!

EXT. PROMETHEUS. DAY

As the PROMETHEUS speeds toward the face of the mountain a hole can be seen on the mountain.
As we again looks through the ships P.O.V we now head directly toward this hole and enter in a matter of seconds. We are speeding through this narrow cave complex and a small dot of light can be seen in the dark distance. As we get closer and closer the dot of light gets bigger and bigger and eventually we enter it.
We are now outside the back of the mountain and we are no longer facing any mountains and but only clouds. A birds eye view of the ship reveals it is 20,000 feet above the rocky ground surface. We can see large strange MURALS of patterns much like the NAZCA lines.

INT. CONTROL ROOM. DAY

JANEK
Are we close?

JANEK
Just a mile from destination. Engines are slowing down sir

JANEK
Okay take us down nice and slow

EXT. PROMETHEUS. DAY

The PROMETHEUS slows down and it's engines change direction and stops completely.
The ship's engines are now vertical and it begins to land toward the rocky surface. The engine's create a sand storm below as it lands. Large landing gears arrive from the engines and lands the ship gently to the surface. The ship is sitting directly on top a large Nazca like path. The engines slowly die out and eventually stop. Surrounding the PROMETHEUS is a mine field of sharp weird cone shaped rocks.

INT. CONTROL ROOM. DAY

Everyone is quiet as they all stare out at the terrain.

JANEK
I need a damn raise!

cossack0909

Quote from: Glaive on May 15, 2012, 01:11:47 PM
I'm calling BULLSHIT on this clip...WHERE was all THIS??

EXT. PROMETHEUS. SPACE

The ship then enters the planet's atmosphere and is quickly surrounded by burning heat. The ship now descends into the PLANET like a fireball.

INT. CONTROL ROOM

Everyone and everything is now shaking due to turbulence. The protective shutters are now bright red. 

INT. PASSENGER ROOM

as everyone closes their eyes as the strong turbulence shakes them, ELIZABETH begins whimpering. HOLLOWAY reaches out and grabs her hand.

EXT. PROMETHEUS. DAY

The large craft speeds through the Atmosphere it is still engulfed in a fireball. As it speeds down the fire fades and the brightly lit craft.

INT. CONTROL ROOM. DAY

Suddenly the shaking stops and the shutters begins to go back to it's normal grey color.

CHANCE
That's us in sir

JANEK
Open the shutters

RAVEL activates a button which opens the shutters.
They can now see the cloudy, grim mountainous landscape. Through the large 250 inch windscreen a mountain taller than Mount Everest can be seen getting closer.

JANEK
Shit!

CHANCE
Ravel move this f**ker!

RAVEL
I'm trying

EXT. PROMETHEUS. DAY

The PROMETHEUS pulls up missing the mountain by only a hundred or so yards. The ship then passes it and then starts speeding down the other side of the mountain. It is speeding through the dense clouds.
The PROMETHEUS leaves a long chem trail behind as it speeds down toward the PLANET'S surface toward the Himalayas type mountainous landscape.

INT. CONTROL ROOM. DAY

JANEK
Ravel you're going too fast! Slow down!

RAVEL
I'm trying to!

RAVEL yells as he pulls back his flight stick.

EXT. PROMETHEUS. DAY

The ship then speeds through the middle of these towering canyons of mountains.
We now have a P.O.V of the ships journey. We are speeding in between towering canyons at a highly dangerous and fast speed. Suddenly there is a DEAD END. We are heading for the face of another large mountain.

INT. CONTROL ROOM. DAY

JANEK
Ravel?

RAVEL
I know

JANEK
Jesus!

EXT. PROMETHEUS. DAY

As the PROMETHEUS speeds toward the face of the mountain a hole can be seen on the mountain.
As we again looks through the ships P.O.V we now head directly toward this hole and enter in a matter of seconds. We are speeding through this narrow cave complex and a small dot of light can be seen in the dark distance. As we get closer and closer the dot of light gets bigger and bigger and eventually we enter it.
We are now outside the back of the mountain and we are no longer facing any mountains and but only clouds. A birds eye view of the ship reveals it is 20,000 feet above the rocky ground surface. We can see large strange MURALS of patterns much like the NAZCA lines.

INT. CONTROL ROOM. DAY

JANEK
Are we close?

JANEK
Just a mile from destination. Engines are slowing down sir

JANEK
Okay take us down nice and slow

EXT. PROMETHEUS. DAY

The PROMETHEUS slows down and it's engines change direction and stops completely.
The ship's engines are now vertical and it begins to land toward the rocky surface. The engine's create a sand storm below as it lands. Large landing gears arrive from the engines and lands the ship gently to the surface. The ship is sitting directly on top a large Nazca like path. The engines slowly die out and eventually stop. Surrounding the PROMETHEUS is a mine field of sharp weird cone shaped rocks.

INT. CONTROL ROOM. DAY

Everyone is quiet as they all stare out at the terrain.

JANEK
I need a damn raise!

lol!!!!

Qwertify

Qwertify

Where did you get all that stuff above?

zuzuki

zuzuki

That's old, read it a couple of months ago. i think it is already posted somewhere on this forum, and yeah fake

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed