Prometheus trailer synched to the original Alien trailer

Started by JaaayDee, May 13, 2012, 01:17:39 AM

Author
Prometheus trailer synched to the original Alien trailer (Read 4,224 times)

Qwertify

Recording music over the trailer - fire alarm went off. When they came back to the studio they realized history was made.

No just kidding, I have no clue. Sorry.

MrSpaceJockey

Yay! You did it!  Was waiting for sometime to tackle something like this...

Excellent work, and your hard effort was well compromised for the amazing outcome.

Only thing I would like to see is a shot similar to the one at the end of the ALIEN trailer with the shot of the planet and the Nostromo and the fade to black with the tagline.  But your work is great nonetheless.  I'm still smiling at the brilliance.

fuindustries

Well done JaaayDee. This is a perfect example of why so many fans want Prometheus to hew to the original A L I E N film, both substantively and stylistically.

CP

OpenMaw

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 13, 2012, 04:42:08 AM
Does anyone know the story behind the haunted siren that's now so legendary? How did it come about?

I'd venture to guess it was probably another one of "Jimmy Shields" awesome sound wizardy.

He was the sound editor on Alien. :)

JaaayDee

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on May 13, 2012, 04:52:28 AM
Yay! You did it!  Was waiting for sometime to tackle something like this...

Excellent work, and your hard effort was well compromised for the amazing outcome.

Only thing I would like to see is a shot similar to the one at the end of the ALIEN trailer with the shot of the planet and the Nostromo and the fade to black with the tagline.  But your work is great nonetheless.  I'm still smiling at the brilliance.

It's something I've been playing in my head over and over again for the past year or so, and now I finally got off my ass and decided to bring those thoughts to fruition  :)

JKS1

Quote from: JaaayDee on May 13, 2012, 01:17:39 AM
The score from the classic trailer for Alien is so beautiful and atmospheric, I cut together a whole new Prometheus trailer with it.  Took a good amount of hours intertwined with OCD to perfect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljI_2_DOpRc#ws
Apologies in advance to anyone who views this as sacrilege to the original.

Excellent work sir !

Craps all over anything Streitenfeld could even hope to achieve

Jango1201

That scared the hell outta me. I live in a basement apartment and everytime I heard that freakin siren I thought it was summoning an Alien to come kill me in my sleep down hear. Thanks for the nightmares!!!!! That was a really cool trailer!  ;)

zakzak

Xenomorphine

Some of the audio feels a little too 1970s in contrast with the visuals (especially the 'wind' sound), but well done on synching it all together. :)

However, I wonder if that could be rectified by putting the footage through a filter to make it seem from that very era...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Hats off, amazing work.

ThisBethesdaSea

I hope this goes wildly viral....it's amazing.

JaaayDee

Yeah, that would be cool  :)

Glaive

That was rather good...'chapeaux'!

JaaayDee

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 13, 2012, 12:50:58 PM
Some of the audio feels a little too 1970s in contrast with the visuals (especially the 'wind' sound), but well done on synching it all together. :)

However, I wonder if that could be rectified by putting the footage through a filter to make it seem from that very era...
I think the wind blends in well with the waterfall cut.  Anyway, I would also require a more professional program for filters that didn't look hokey and unfitting

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed