Prometheus trailer synched to the original Alien trailer

Started by JaaayDee, May 13, 2012, 01:17:39 AM

Author
Prometheus trailer synched to the original Alien trailer (Read 4,266 times)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

The score from the classic trailer for Alien is so beautiful and atmospheric, I cut together a whole new Prometheus trailer with it.  Took a good amount of hours intertwined with OCD to perfect.
New version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvixcREt09g#ws
First cut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljI_2_DOpRc#ws
Apologies in advance to anyone who views this as sacrilege to the original.

mastermoon

What's with all these fan trailers :laugh:.

Must be some crazy hobby.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Not as cool and enticing, so I think the FOX team did a better job at appealing to people

but

300% scarier for sure. Pretty sure my heart jumped at the head explosion part. The end also.

OVERall great job.

OneUglyMother

Awesome!  Definitely makes it feel more like an Alien film!

ThisBethesdaSea

That's FUKCING BAD ASS....better then any official trailer I've seen.

Cvalda

For once, Bethesda and I agree on something ;D

JaaayDee

Thank you for the input everyone  :)

Nightmare Asylum

Really cool!

I jumped at the explosion where the egg break should be.

Eva

Amazing work  :D

I knew this would be special when I noticed how the cracking soundeffect was perfectly matched with the exploding engineer head  ;)

Vickers

Quote from: JaaayDee on May 13, 2012, 01:17:39 AM
The score from the classic trailer for Alien is so beautiful and atmospheric, I cut together a whole new Prometheus trailer with it.  Took a good amount of hours intertwined with OCD to perfect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljI_2_DOpRc#ws
Apologies in advance to anyone who views this as a sacrilege to the original.

You, sir, are a genius.

I was waiting for somebody to do a Prometheus trailer using the audio from the Alien trailer and I was about to do it myself but this is perfect.  I jumped at the exploding head part and I love how everything matched the audio.

ThisBethesdaSea

i keep watching it over and over...it makes the images seem fresh and new. I'm posting it to the official Prometheus page.

Qwertify

Can't imagine what is going to happen when the actual movie is released on Bluray and DVD!

cossack0909

I was scared watching the trailer,very old school, misty, mysterious, strange.......much much better than the loud, conventional and totally boring trailer music that we have nowadays...job well done, my friend!

Qwertify

Quote from: cossack0909 on May 13, 2012, 03:56:49 AM
I was scared watching the trailer,very old school, misty, mysterious, strange.......much much better than the loud, conventional and totally boring trailer music that we have nowadays...job well done, my friend!

Yeah - the old audio makes the whole thing very claustrophobic and increasingly dire.

ThisBethesdaSea

Does anyone know the story behind the haunted siren that's now so legendary? How did it come about?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed