Alien - Prometheus

Started by atlantis, May 12, 2012, 05:33:13 AM

Author
Alien - Prometheus (Read 5,602 times)

Qwertify

Qwertify

I think Scott explained this when he said he wanted to stray away from the feel of the original Alien because he wanted to start fresh on another world, so he told the designers to keep the original design more or less, but not make it so "Gigery."

Glaive

Glaive

Guess we'll have to wait for the next issue of Cinefex to find out EXACTLY what Scott's mind-set was.

http://www.cinefex.com/next_issue.html

Ruzena

Ruzena

Quote from: atlantis on May 12, 2012, 05:33:13 AM
When you look at the wall's structure from original Alien and Prometheus.
You notice that Prometheus's wall's look very metalic and the Alien wall very
organic....

My theory:

The Alien species do mimic the SJ world... to trick victims..

So first there where SJ's .. then they discovered the alien species...

And the SJ's found out, that this species produced this stuff to build there
hives...This stuff did have one big advantage no corrosion...

The SJ's cloned thousend's of this species.. for their own use.. to let them build
Derelict like ships.and other stuff( The same we use catarpillars to get silk )..

This went ok for thousend's of years...
But what the SJ's didn't know... that some of this species escaped
and started building a copy under ground of the SJ world..

So they mimiced the sj world.,. to trick victims

Such a species even exists on our planet...
In some new zealand caves some kind of slimy organism produces bio light.
They live with millions on the ceiling of the cave, and mimic with their
light the night sky...it looks like stars... and night insects what fly into
the cave.. are flying to these lights..and been trapped in the slimy stuff..

Well just a theory.... don't shoot me..lol

Your theory is really good and it came on my mind for a secnd too when I saw the morphing ceiling in the temple or wherever it is. It perfectly logical.

Lets say god created humans to his own image. Humans are supposed to find god, thus come as close to godly idea of perfecting oneself. Maybe aliens are something like Human mark 2. that was gone f**king psycho and it comes also to the image of god but in a f**ked up way.

This is just psych theory I don't say I am right, but I jsut f**king like this theory.

Anyways all this ancient astronaut threads are also 99% speculation so leave me be in peace without flaming lolz.

Glaive

Glaive

This thread NEEDS more ''flaming LOLZ''...

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

I still think that the black goo released from those urns morphs and 'reprograms' 'dead' matter into 'living' matter, i.e. making things bio-mechanic in a way. For some reason I can't help but to assume that all those urns will morph into eggs in the end of Prometheus. (Hopefully) I'm probably way off.

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

I've always thought that the Derelict(errm, Juggernaut when alive and in working order apparently) was essentially the carcass of the ship, having "died" some time ago decaying to the overall look of it that we see in the film(Alien). When I imagined a "Live" Derelict it's funny how close Prometheus captures what I envisioned.

I've always thought that the Space Jockey's were a biomechanical race and obviously, that would naturally extend into their technology. I always pictured their tech as a strange mix of bio-organic material meshing with biological and metallic mechanical devices.

In the case of the Juggernaut ship, over time the metal would degrade to show what we see in Alien, the Jockey himself having grown into the chair and everything becoming skeletal due to the passage of time and the ship "dying". Whereas in Prometheus, everything is "Alive" and in pristine operating condition.

The way I see it, is that the Juggernaut in Prometheus is in pristine, un-battered, "alive", and in proper operating condition whereas what we seen in Alien is the carcass. That is assuming this is the same ship(I personally think the movie is more of a prequel than they are saying, but that the concepts it presents are larger, or grew larger than simply Facehugger(orwhatever might've caused the SJ to be bursted)-->Attack Space Jockey ---> Space Jockey emergency lands on LV-426 --->Roll Credits.

And that Ridley and Co, while still wanting to do the prequel and explore the mythos a bit while also trying to do something a bit new, thus the concept evolved somewhere just past a simple prequel to Alien. It evolved into Prequel To Alien Plus. :D

I do recall reading an interview where Ridley pretty much said the same thing that I did(Juggernaut in Prometheus = New and Alive, Derelict in Alien = Mostly dead Carcass of said ship).

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on May 12, 2012, 06:27:57 PM
I still think that the black goo released from those urns morphs and 'reprograms' 'dead' matter into 'living' matter, i.e. making things bio-mechanic in a way. For some reason I can't help but to assume that all those urns will morph into eggs in the end of Prometheus. (Hopefully) I'm probably way off.
The arrangement of the urns/ampules was probably just a nod to alien, the way the eggs were distributed. But this does create a problem if one proposes that a queen birthed forth and laid the eggs, because there is no way it would happen to lay its eggs in the same spacing pattern as the jockey's placed those urns. There is also the problem of that blue light over the eggs in the original allien, which implies the jockey's were carrying the eggs on purupose and put them there themselves.
  There are I guess a couple of creative ways to get around this, but I doubt they will happen in the film. If that goo does indeed leak out and in some dna absorbtion of some kind, transform the urns and their genetic content into the eggs in a process similar to the "egg morphing" that was in the deleted scene of Alien. The other version of that would be if some kind of proto-xenomorph entity does something similar to that egg morphing process to organic matter and the fusion of metallic, non-organic elements become part of that synthesis. That would explain the seeming "biomechanoid" look of the aliens themselves.
But alas, we must remember the urns are in the temple, not the juggernaut. Also the planet in prometheus is not lv-426 and not the same derelict craft, so there's no real reason to expect the urns to be transformed into the eggs.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

I've always been of the opinion that the eggs in the derelict were cargo/payload. I don't see anything thus far to change that. As far as the urns are concerned. It's always possible that they are still "cooking" and  they are simply at a stage in the process of forming into biological missiles/ urns of death.

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Isn't it also possible, if the Juggernaut is a living thing, that the eggs are seeds or spores produced by the ship itself, and this 'underground' chamber is a spore pod attached to the belly of the 'creature'?

Of course, this avenue ditches the idea of a queen...

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: ucdom on May 13, 2012, 09:20:55 AM
Isn't it also possible, if the Juggernaut is a living thing, that the eggs are seeds or spores produced by the ship itself, and this 'underground' chamber is a spore pod attached to the belly of the 'creature'?

You saying the Derelict/ Juggernaut builds it's own uterus?

COOL!

orchidal

orchidal

Well perhaps the Engineer/Tapir/Human/Whoever that sits in the jockey chair is drained of life and blood by the chair itself which creates a ship/pilot symbiosis; new life.

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Glaive on May 13, 2012, 11:13:11 AM

You saying the Derelict/ Juggernaut builds it's own uterus?

COOL!

Yeah, it's like the one I built in my shed...   :P

No, I think that if the ship is a life-form it might have the capacity to sporulate if it was in a hostile environment starved of nutrients or stimulation. Lots of terrestrial creatures can do the same thing, or else develop seed pods or whatever.
I'm not sure how I feel about a living ship, having seen it done to utterly baffling effect in Farscape.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Qwertify on May 12, 2012, 02:24:58 PM
I think Scott explained this when he said he wanted to stray away from the feel of the original Alien because he wanted to start fresh on another world, so he told the designers to keep the original design more or less, but not make it so "Gigery."

Well,  it was Arthur Max who said that Scott said this, so maybe we will see how close he is to what Scott remembers himself wanting for the new design

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Interesting idea. I could've bought into that if it was used for the original sequel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed