Six New Prometheus Production Stills

Started by Darkness, May 11, 2012, 04:32:21 PM

Author
Six New Prometheus Production Stills (Read 24,641 times)

charlesadamst

Davids helmet at the foot of the statue/suit is bigger than the jockey's head. There's no way the jockeys will be as big as the one in the the chair in alien. We just have to accept it, which stinks. The tunnels themselves look only 13 feet tall at max, so there's no way we will be seeing 13 feet tall jockeys.  :-\ I hope there is a reason because it doesn't seem like something Ridley would just choose to ignore.

OpenMaw

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 11, 2012, 05:43:52 PM
How could not prove anything?

As I just pointed out. It doesn't verify the height of the creatures themselves. Those are statues. Just like the Rocky Balboa statue is not to scale with Sly Stallone, or any other statue you could reference. They're seldom built to scale.

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 11, 2012, 05:56:37 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 11, 2012, 05:43:52 PM
How could not prove anything?

As I just pointed out. It doesn't verify the height of the creatures themselves. Those are statues. Just like the Rocky Balboa statue is not to scale with Sly Stallone, or any other statue you could reference. They're seldom built to scale.

Pure speculation of course, but I don't believe they're merely statues. There are four cryochambers we see in the orrery, so I'm guessing what we're seeing are in fact suits.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Virgil_uk on May 11, 2012, 06:08:55 PM

Pure speculation of course, but I don't believe they're merely statues. There are four cryochambers we see in the orrery, so I'm guessing these four statues are in fact suits.

Well, I don't think they would make nice decorative objects, that's for sure.

However one might have assumed that the Alien in the first movie wasn't supposed to be a nice decorative object but then it is if you like that sort of thing

escroto

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 11, 2012, 05:36:26 PMThats from Alien right? Kane breaks the blue light which makes the eggs open?

Thats what I dont get; if the Derelict was "parked" and then a warning signal was released. Why the blue light and mechanism to activate eggs, looks like a trap :/
The blue lights were some sort of stasis fields that prevented facehuggers inside eggs to feel the pressence of potential hosts in the nearbies. Kane just got too close to one egg.

Lord Freezer

And stuff

Are they statues or suits though?  ???

Virgil

Quote from: Opiate on May 11, 2012, 10:55:10 PM
Are they statues or suits though?  ???

As I posted before I'd say that they're suits, but it's all speculation. we'll be able to confirm this in under three weeks  ;)

Space Jockey [ALIEN] and Space Jockey Mini-Me [Prometheus].

Cvalda

Quote from: 180924609 on May 11, 2012, 11:53:35 PM
Space Jockey [ALIEN] and Space Jockey Mini-Me [Prometheus].

Oh, look! Space Jockey Mini-Me found his way into ALIEN too!

Yawn. ::)

Ooze on First

Ooze on First

Yeah...the constant complaining about the SJ size difference got old a long time ago.
It's pretty clear that it's not the same ship as the one in ALIEN, and therefore not the same 'Jockey'.

Further, we don't know anything about this species or their avg heights.
For all we know, the SJs in Prometheus might well be children in comparison to the one in ALIEN.

Bayo

Bayo

everyone here discusses the SJ size but with this new pic its obvious that the chair platform is also
small. i remember the crew of the nostromo has to climb to reach the top of it and doesn't have stairs
either.

First Blood

Great new collection of pictures. I wonder how Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man is going to factor into this. :)

Cvalda

It's probably like the stuff that went with the Voyager missions--something used to show an alien culture about our species should we contact them.

SpeedyMaxx

I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense.  And I love that they've used that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed