Prometheus International Poster

Started by Darkness, May 10, 2012, 06:07:37 PM

Author
Prometheus International Poster (Read 18,766 times)

ADC

ADC

I think the Indian poster is terrible. It's not a bad idea – I can go with that – but the execution is very poor.

Didn't we see a very similar image with the original Entertainment Weekly story? At that time I thought it was something that the magazine's designers had photoshopped which would account for its poor quality; the perspective is out and the proportions between the figures and urns are clearly wrong.

That said, foreign move posters are often left to the discretion of the marketing teams in those territories and may well appeal to people in those countries – remember the famous Alien posters from Poland?
http://www.polishposter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=0212

The Indian Prometheus poster evokes Hindu idols and imagery so I can see why they might have gone with that.

Unlike the 70s or 80s, anyone can do a lash-up in Photoshop and I think that's one of the reasons you see so much dodgy artwork these days. Personally, my fave poster so far is still the teaser. And that, let's face it, is nowhere near as mysterious, memorable or engaging as the poster for Alien. Hard act to follow...

I'd like to see a new poster for Prometheus. Avatar had a minimalist teaser and then a few variants for the movie's release. I'd like to see the same treatment for Prometheus.

SM

SM

The worst thing about it is it doesn't detail how many the musical numbers there will be.

mastermoon

mastermoon

This new poster is good but not as cool as the US poster.

whiterabbit

That tag-line is still too frigging cheesy.

r888

r888

That looks fan made

SM

SM

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 10, 2012, 11:40:39 PM

Not to mention moot.

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on May 11, 2012, 01:56:35 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on May 10, 2012, 11:40:39 PM

Not to mention moot.
Maybe they're being satirical and talking about the studios end? I'm pretty certain more than 100 million went into making this film.  :laugh:

SM

SM

New tagline:

"Christ I hope this pays off!"

Tidus

Tidus

SM

SM

...an over-reaction?

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on May 11, 2012, 06:21:41 AM
...an over-reaction?
... from 1994.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Yes - a lot of over-reaction here. I prefer the teaser poster, but I'd say this one is as good as any of the originals...

ryanjayhawk

No over-reaction... the head is not 100 ft. tall... so why would it be in the poster?

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 11, 2012, 01:01:46 PM
No over-reaction... the head is not 100 ft. tall... so why would it be in the poster?
In the french posters it's much bigger then the temple itself!

But not as big as Shaw's.  ;)

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on May 11, 2012, 01:01:46 PM
I never remember the egg floating in space with green mist in the first movie... it'called artistic licence.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed