Who was humiliated more, Preds in AvP or Aliens in Requiem?

Started by happypred, May 10, 2012, 07:17:46 AM

Author
Who was humiliated more, Preds in AvP or Aliens in Requiem? (Read 60,440 times)

happypred

happypred

Please explain. I would say Aliens were humiliated more but not by a wide margin.

Worst example I can think of, Wolf shoves an alien onto the ground and it just lies there helpless

However, Anderson did everything he could to nerf the predators. He made them adolescents, he gave them gear that melted (not all their gear melted, mind you, only some items), he let humans steal their guns (by putting them in their backpacks and running around), I for one think Celtic acted very stupidly (not just arrogantly, but idiotically)...

Yes, predators can be arrogant, but Celtic was plain stupid. I could accept that City Hunter underestimated Harrigan (and/or fell for his possum act).

I found it absurd how Celtic just took his time and walked slowly to Grid in the net. How was that arrogance and not just plain stupidity? Was he underestimating the acid's corrosiveness? His wristblades and armour had just been melted with ease. The alien was bleeding, the net was sizzling and smoking...yet he never throught to hurry up? Chopper's death was fine. Celtic's was idiotic.

OpenMaw

Aliens, by far.

Even in AVP the predators still maintain the higher body count. They simply poorly represented in terms of behavior. (Note, melting gear and arrogance are not issues. Being arrogant is a major Predator failing all the time in the Predator flicks.)

But in AvP:R? Aliens get their asses stomped so hard by Wolf at every turn that it baffles me when people say Wolf is cool. He isn't cool. A cool hero or anti hero is defined by the threat their foil poses. The aliens don't pose any realistic or believable threat. They're a botched execution and glorified cannon fodder.

IMO, of course. :)

PREDDY VEDDER

I gotta say the Aliens in AVPR. This thread should have a poll.

mastermoon

The way I see it, for AVP the Predators are humiliated.

Now for AVPR the xenomorphs were humiliated much more then the Predators of the first AVP.

CarnalCalligraphy

CarnalCalligraphy

This question is bordering on silly.

First of all, the Predators in AVP weren't teenagers, they were elites trying to become elders. Paul says this explicitly.

Oh no! Their gear melted! The Predators are in some way vulnerable! We can't have that... The Predator should only ever be in danger if he allows himself to be in danger.

The people stole the guns so that we could have a story... Why would that nerf the Predators?

mastermoon

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on May 10, 2012, 03:37:52 PM
This question is bordering on silly.

First of all, the Predators in AVP weren't teenagers, they were elites trying to become elders. Paul says this explicitly.

Oh no! Their gear melted! The Predators are in some way vulnerable! We can't have that... The Predator should only ever be in danger if he allows himself to be in danger.

The people stole the guns so that we could have a story... Why would that nerf the Predators?

First the Grid Alien kills two Predators then the Alien Queen kills the Scar Predator.

CarnalCalligraphy

Is that a response to me?

mastermoon

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on May 10, 2012, 03:43:15 PM
Is that a response to me?

Yes I was talking to you.

When you mentioned the Predators getting killed off I was just pointing out that the xenomorphs had the upperhand.

CarnalCalligraphy

What are you talking about? Predators gettin killed off?

Also, I don't know that the Aliens had the upper hand. I mean, sure Grid killed 2 Predators, but didn't Scar take out roughly ten Aliens?

Gosutoraida

Scar may have killed some Aliens but he had to have his ass saved perhaps five times. When Scar encountered his apparent 'sidekick', he was attcked from behind and all he did was throw throw the Alien. Had Lex not been there, the Alien would've probably stabbed him in the gut. Scar did also get ambushed yet again, this time, stabbing him through the shoulder which apparently dosen't harm him. As for Predators being killed off, can you name a movie which had Predators being killed within 5 minutes apart, discounting AVPR.

Mr. Domino

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on May 10, 2012, 05:23:31 PM
As for Predators being killed off, can you name a movie which had Predators being killed within 5 minutes apart, discounting AVPR.

So, "name a movie where this happened, except for the one where it happened." I love those kinds of questions! And by love, I mean that they're some of the more idiotic that I see on a daily basis.

As for the answer to your question, how about Predators?

CarnalCalligraphy

Quote from: Mr. Domino on May 10, 2012, 09:10:22 PM
Quote from: JokerJohn35 on May 10, 2012, 05:23:31 PM
As for Predators being killed off, can you name a movie which had Predators being killed within 5 minutes apart, discounting AVPR.

So, "name a movie where this happened, except for the one where it happened." I love those kinds of questions! And by love, I mean that they're some of the more idiotic that I see on a daily basis.

As for the answer to your question, how about Predators?

Lmao!!! ^ This.

I would add AVP:R. Don't three of them die within a minute?

mastermoon

When watching AVPR, the xenomorph's had to be some of the worst.

Remember the PredAlien did a dance before it fought Wolf.

SM

Aliens.

For the all the Predators getting pwned early in AvP, Scar and Lex still took down the Queen.

In the second flick, after watching all the Aliens get bitch slapped by the Predator (and doing a bit of it itself), the PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed) just stood there while the Predator did a strip tease.

mastermoon

QuoteFor the all the Predators getting pwned early in AvP, Scar and Lex still took down the Queen.

But the Alien Queen still got lucky to stab scar with it's tail.

It was a long 7 minute battle.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed