Prometheus will be rated R after all

Started by JaaayDee, May 07, 2012, 03:29:47 AM

Author
Prometheus will be rated R after all (Read 54,980 times)

kinghorn316

The 3d wont make a difference for me I just hope the movie is amazing

DendaReloaded

naah, i am thinking about going prometheus 2d cos i'm not into it.... i think it is the least important thing, dunno.
everybody went /fangirl mode when ridley said it is 3d, i didn't care much...
i hope its' level is a bit higher than most of todays sci-fis or blockbusters in generally, though i didn't want prommy to become a "summer blockbuster"
kills the originality for me

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 07, 2012, 11:37:31 PM
I'm worried that with an R rating that Prometheus won't be able to make back enough of it's budget to justify a sequel.  If it was rated PG-13 more moviegoers would be able to buy tickets to watch it and a sequel would be guaranteed.

If the word of mouth is good then people will go see it even a R rating. There is a lot of adult movie goers too and if kids want to see it then the parents can always take them to go see it. I see parents take their kids movies like Watchmen or Legion for example.

JaaayDee

I'm still celebrating!

Virgil

Quote from: JaaayDee on May 08, 2012, 09:04:44 PM
I'm still celebrating!
http://i47.tinypic.com/2rcyjye.jpg

;D

I'm still quite surprised they actually went with an R rating. Hats off to Fox on this occasion.

Protogen

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 07, 2012, 11:37:31 PM
I'm worried that with an R rating that Prometheus won't be able to make back enough of it's budget to justify a sequel.  If it was rated PG-13 more moviegoers would be able to buy tickets to watch it and a sequel would be guaranteed.

Well the fans wanted an R-Rated Alien film made by Ridley Scott and they got it, will certainly make it's money back :)

Just has to be a good film now *fingers crossed*

mastermoon

Imagine if a Rated-PG version of Prometheus was made.

It would be very family friendly :laugh:.

nostromo mechanic

Quote from: JaaayDee on May 08, 2012, 09:04:44 PM
I'm still celebrating!
http://i47.tinypic.com/2rcyjye.jpg

That's great! I'm ready for some disturbing images that are still stuck in my head when I go to bed the night of June 8!

Qwertify

I can not say I am surprised at all.

Ridley has a way of getting what he wants. He will just tie in critical plot points with R related material. They won't tell him to reshoot if the movie is good in the first place.

He did the same thing in Alien. I mean - are you going to cut out ALL the facehugger scenes?

Gunflyer

I still believe that the rating doesn't matter. All that matters is whether or not the story is GOOD.

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: Gunflyer on May 09, 2012, 12:45:19 AM
I still believe that the rating doesn't matter. All that matters is whether or not the story is GOOD.

I'm in complete agreement. Jaws remains one of my favourite movies of all time. My enjoyment was never compromised because Spielberg felt the need to remove five seconds of blood from the cut. 

Gunflyer

I'd also like to point out to everyone who gets such a boner about the R-rating, that even Michael Bay's Transformers originally had an R-rating... just pointing out the meaning of the rating is... well, overrated.

ryanjayhawk

I'm going to disagree...

This movie was absolutely not going to be as good in a PG-13 version... the topics and creatures this movie is going to include needed the ability to be dark and violent.

SM

SM

Quote from: mastermoon on May 08, 2012, 10:45:12 PM

Yeah - like AvP.  All the violence and monsters - fun for the whole family...

Quote from: Gunflyer on May 09, 2012, 12:59:47 AM
I'd also like to point out to everyone who gets such a boner about the R-rating, that even Michael Bay's Transformers originally had an R-rating... just pointing out the meaning of the rating is... well, overrated.

Precisely - and nice pun.

People wank on about the rating way more than is healthy.

Virgil

Quote from: SM on May 09, 2012, 01:22:16 AM
Quote from: mastermoon on May 08, 2012, 10:45:12 PM

Yeah - like AvP.  All the violence and monsters - fun for the whole family...

Quote from: Gunflyer on May 09, 2012, 12:59:47 AM

Precisely - and nice pun.

People wank on about the rating way more than is healthy.

At least it's finally been put to bed. Unless you're an Imdb user, in which case happy 'soft-r' debating.  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed