Prometheus will be rated R after all

Started by JaaayDee, May 07, 2012, 03:29:47 AM

Author
Prometheus will be rated R after all (Read 57,148 times)

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

IMDB user dvonnesoneek has posted a photo of his ticket stub for Prometheus.

And surprisingly, it has an R rating:

www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/board/nest/198662267

UPDATE:  This has now been confirmed by Fox.
Quoterated R for "sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language."

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

YES! There is a God!

Cvalda

Hmm. Don't know if this is just a preliminary placeholder thing from AMC or not, because the rating has not been released yet by the MPAA. :-\

I hope to god it's indeed R, though.

RoaryUK

$16.00 for an IMAX presentation!!  Wow... where the hell is my passport!!  :)

mastermoon

I really hope this is true, the movie needs an R-Rating.

OpenMaw

I like to keep this hand *holds up R rated ticket* for Prometheus encounters.

The movie is mostly rated R, Mostly.

"Right."

Okay, okay! I'm done! I promise. No more puns! Just rather stoked by this, if it's true. :)

ChrisPachi

Blammo! (please be true).

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: JaaayDee on May 07, 2012, 03:29:47 AM
IMDB user dvonnesoneek has posted a photo of his ticket stub for Prometheus.

And surprisingly, it has an R rating:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f771/7520785x060v65b5g.jpg

www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/board/nest/198662267

If this is real then I have a couple of important questions...

How come R rated tickets are available in the US when you can't actually get tickets in the UK (they can only be pre-booked) because it isn't rated here yet?

I also noticed there's no runtime on the ticket...a clue perhaps?

Plus what's the date at the bottom....surely not the purchase date?

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

The ratings are on tickets here in the US, and yes that is the purchase date at the bottom. The ticket seems legit enough imo.

RoaryUK

Quote from: osiris. on May 07, 2012, 04:14:46 AM
The ratings are on tickets here in the US, and yes that is the purchase date at the bottom. The ticket seems legit enough imo.

Reguardless what's happening in the UK, I've chatted to a few American friends about this and reliably imformed the film still doesn't have an MPAA rating.  In such cases tickets should have NR (for not yet rated) printed on them.  So this is either an unlikely error or someone pulling a fast one, either way I don't believe it for now!

duckman5150

I knew when I heard that audio clip, there is absolutely no way this film was going to make a PG-13 here in the states. I saw Hunger Games (PG-13) a few weeks ago and that coulda been on the ABC family movie of the week (unedited).

Just that Audio alone would make it PG-13, not to mention Shaw's "Extraction" scene and the whole face melting thing.

If you read between the lines, I think Ridley has been fighting with FOX this whole time. Despite what they say in public about not cutting one frame, I think they were privately pushing Ridley for a PG 13 this entire time.

SpeedyMaxx

I'm with Duck - I knew when I heard that audio clip there was no way this would be PG-13.  Between that and the autodoc scene alone, no way.  The body horror is too intense, even if little was shown.

313frog

Judging by what we know of the plot (based on trailers), I would be regrettably surprised if this was anything but R. The medipod scene should be shocking enough alone to provide us with a solid R rating. Just my opinion.

ChrisPachi

Forgive my naivete, but wouldn't it be commercially unethical to sell tickets to a film that is not yet rated? I mean, you go buy tickets to a sci-fi blockbuster planning on taking your 13 year old son because he loves Star Wars, only to find out that the film is rated R. Who cops the shit for that kind of thing? The classification board, or the people who sold you the ticket?

It just seems a bit absurd. This has to be fake no?

szkoki

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 07, 2012, 08:45:43 AM
Forgive my naivete, but wouldn't it be commercially unethical to sell tickets to a film that is not yet rated? I mean, you go buy tickets to a sci-fi blockbuster planning on taking your 13 year old son because he loves Star Wars, only to find out that the film is rated R. Who cops the shit for that kind of thing? The classification board, or the people who sold you the ticket?

It just seems a bit absurd. This has to be fake no?

you are absolutely right...but i still hope its R...but that R maybe doesnt stand for that what we believe , maybe it stands for the Right side  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed