More HQ Screenshots + Bonus Concept Art

Started by ikarop, May 03, 2012, 10:00:18 AM

Author
More HQ Screenshots + Bonus Concept Art (Read 30,459 times)

escroto

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 06:16:19 PMThe screenshots that i took myself and posted on these forums were clearly not doctored, and they definitively show the warriors are taller than the marines
ok man (they are doctored, no way lol). Then refer to the friggin' video. Are they that tall in It when head on?, NO, quite the opposite, so who cares about the pics then?, they are not that big, like always. That's just marketing.

Predaker

Quote from: escroto on May 03, 2012, 06:18:02 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 06:16:19 PMThe screenshots that i took myself and posted on these forums were clearly not doctored, and they definitively show the warriors are taller than the marines
ok man (they are doctored, no way lol). Then refer to the friggin' video. Are they that tall in It when head on?, NO, quite the opposite, so who cares about the pics then?, they are not that big, like always. That's just marketing.

These are not doctored photos; I took these screenshots straight from the video (E3 2011)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=40225.msg1303169#msg1303169

escroto

escroto

Please pause this video right at "2:00" and repeat everything you say again. Repeat they got the size right. Stop It by "2:12" and tell me that's an alien too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4VG9aIFOA#ws

See how their size in the doctored pics are fake?, but Isn't It obvious enough already?, you really confuse me man

Predaker

I see what you mean, but the alien in that part was running up some stairs and then it never appeared to be standing fully upright, either. Generally speaking, the aliens do not spend much time standing up stiff as a board so we will not get many chances to see them at full height anyway.

I am sorry you are not happy with the game. I wish gearbox could please all the alien fans, but some folks will inevitably be disappointed. Hopefully in the end you will enjoy the game, because the fans have been waiting so long for a true ALIENS experience that is worth playing for countless hours. :)

I don't want to derail this thread so I wish you a good day my fellow aliens fan.

newbeing

Alien standing somewhat upright

Standing up and attacking

The seem roughly the same height as the Alien from the first film.

Predaker

Thanks for the pics Newbeing!

Has this picture been posted here yet? Looks pretty freaky!

escroto

escroto

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 07:03:10 PM
I see what you mean, but the alien in that part was running up some stairs and then it never appeared to be standing fully upright, either. Generally speaking, the aliens do not spend much time standing up stiff as a board so we will not get many chances to see them at full height anyway.
sorry, no way to that one too.

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 07:03:10 PMI am sorry you are not happy with the game.
Well I haven't played the game yet tbh. That's another story. Hopefully we still get a fall release and all this will be over once and for all after all these years of pain...

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 07:03:10 PMI wish gearbox could please all the alien fans
this game was supposed to be 100% faithful to the movie. That's what they kept saying back in 2006. No alien seen yet is faithful to Cameron's alien warrior, and don't get me started on the stalker thing trying to look like a Giger's alien (what a joke this stalker omg). They are smaller (ADI), their design is ADI, they sound different (ADI) and sound like frogs when dying (ADI), and nothing on them take you back to the classics. It is like If they had designed them for the casual and younger audience. No comment about the kenner toys right there at the last GB convention..., If forum member "Chris$$" is right, and the new alien is like spyder, then I guess everything is clear now (we've got the rhino alien already), and what is clear is that hasn't kept their word at least in what It comes to the most important thing on an aliens game, and what thing could that be other than the alien warrior itself...

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 07:03:10 PMbut some folks will inevitably be disappointed.
they could have saved themselves that trouble by just keeping their word and making the aliens true to Cameron's stuff. This is not a matter of "there will always be people dissapointed". That excuse is lame mate If the first thing you do is to forget what you have been claiming in all directions for the past 5 years and then surrender to Fox retardation and ADI crappiness.

It is just a lethal blow on every one who really loves "Aliens" (like me), and what sours me is how the people ain't raging like mad after witnessing what It was first supposed to be their ultimate aliens game 100% truthful to Cameron stuff might end up being an advertising product of f**king kenner alien toys.

I can't believe just a few people cares about the aliens. Most of you don't give a shit about them as long as they are barely visible and can be shot!, This is utterly amazing!!, I can't f**king believe almost none of you care about what should be for EVERY ONE OF YOU the most important thing in an aliens game!!, I  can't simply describe what I'm seeing

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 07:03:10 PMHopefully in the end you will enjoy the game, because the fans have been waiting so long
you can't even imagine. Since 2002 here dude, since 2002 when the ps2 game was first announced, so you can imagine how I feel about all this shit.

Thanks for the good wish anyway. After the huge dissapointment AVP2010 was, and now this I'm seeing that is yet to come in ACM...., I'm gonna need It man, absolutely.

Predaker

I feel where you are comin from. Ultimately, realism will suffer in some form or fashion because this is a video game. In other words, the experience needs to be good from the vantage point of gamers. The game will never be "100% faithful" to the movie because of that.

Take melee, for example. No aliens fan worth their beans would believe a marine should be able to beat down an alien warrior with a melee attack. But that feature will be in this game, and for good reason. It adds to the flow of gameplay and intensity. It also offers marines a small window of opportunity to save a pinned marine from scripted kills without giving him an acid blood bath. This melee attack should never harm the aliens, but at least buy them an extra second of time. Maybe gearbox can change this feature to only work when the marine starts sprinting beforehand, instead of just standing there and smacking aliens around.

Much love!  :)

Ash 937

mace-in-the-face

What's with the round bumps on the sides of the eggs? They look like breasts.

The Runner

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 03, 2012, 11:26:42 PM
Quote from: ikarop on May 03, 2012, 10:00:18 AM

Fury 161?

The bloody Runner WAS making a nest.....I knew it all this time. He eggmorphed the damn prisoners.
;D

Well let's hope it comes true.

IDK what the round bumps are? Egg's with multiple facehuggers?

PVTDukeMorrison

Its the Sulaco, you can see it in the new footage

SM

SM

Fiorina wasn't big on safety grills on their vents.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

New concept art from Gearbox's Facebook page.

escroto

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 09:14:57 PMMuch love!  :)
same mate, same to you :)

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on May 03, 2012, 11:32:55 PM
What's with the round bumps on the sides of the eggs? They look like breasts.
ADI

Quote from: RidgeTop on May 04, 2012, 01:02:01 AM

New concept art from Gearbox's Facebook page.
triage on board Shepora or Sulaco?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed