More HQ Screenshots + Bonus Concept Art

Started by ikarop, May 03, 2012, 10:00:18 AM

Author
More HQ Screenshots + Bonus Concept Art (Read 30,247 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Some HQ screenshots seen in recent magazine articles and new.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Aliens-Colonial-Marines/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025345080c

Bonus:

escroto

escroto

Hadn't seen 6, 12 and 13th yet. Those are new to me.

Even eggs are ADI (6)

bobby brown

bobby brown

The aliens look excellent size wise,
I just wish they had gone with the more humanoid foot & hands, like the earlier movies particularly ALIENS.

Sexy Poot

U mean the movie this is suppossibly a sequel to?  :D I agree.

Kol

Quote from: bobby brown on May 03, 2012, 02:03:08 PM
I just wish they had gone with the more humanoid foot & hands, like the earlier movies particularly ALIENS.

don't they look like in aliens? imo, the best feet & hands had kane's son.

WinterActual

I like the small touch on the first screen - the blood footsteps of someone running away from "something" terrible. Small details like this are always welcome in any game.

newbeing

Hands and feet weren't very humanoid in Aliens. Unless you're talking about the tri jointed legs.

King Rathalos

That screenshot of the eggs looks really atmospheric and creepy, me like. :)

escroto

escroto

Quote from: Kol on May 03, 2012, 02:37:20 PMdon't they look like in aliens?
no

(+8 foot)

Quote from: Kol on May 03, 2012, 02:37:20 PMimo, the best feet & hands had kane's son.

(+8 foot)

Exquisite right?, It is blatantly true how first Fox and then game developers mistake evolution (of the IP like they say) for involution, right?

Also, I'd highly recommend you to see and admire Locusta's alien warrior. Then you will understand why It is necessary to criticize some decisions when It comes to, first Fox, and then developers. Only then you come to understand that the franchise is not in the right hands

bobby brown

bobby brown

QuoteAlso, I'd highly recommend you to see and admire Locusta's alien warrior. Then you will understand why It is necessary to criticize some decisions when It comes to, first Fox, and then developers. Only then you come to understand that the franchise is not in the right hands

Verry boldly spoken. I would never make a game or movie for you. and apparantly, I dont think gearbox is either.

Quote from: newbeing on May 03, 2012, 04:23:27 PM

Hands and feet weren't very humanoid in Aliens. Unless you're talking about the tri jointed legs.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GIchwvJ-aNk/TKJIQWRsJlI/AAAAAAAAVCo/kjpG0aAtchI/s800/Actual+Alien+costume+Aliens.jpg

I dont think the top one is entirely accurate, It looks kind of stylized, Probably made from scratch years after the film finnished, for showcasing. the ALIENS have three fingers including thumb. its a more streamlined and elongated variant from the original alien design.

Seeing the actual feet of the ALIENS I changed my mind about them, they look dumb, However, the aliens in the game could use a little less ADI, I agree. But only beacuse its trying to be ALIENS.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: escroto on May 03, 2012, 04:30:42 PM
Quote from: Kol on May 03, 2012, 02:37:20 PMdon't they look like in aliens?
no

http://i46.tinypic.com/2iw34v7.jpghttp://i48.tinypic.com/2vjvts1.jpg (+8 foot)

Quote from: Kol on May 03, 2012, 02:37:20 PMimo, the best feet & hands had kane's son.

http://i45.tinypic.com/mvkg9y.jpghttp://i46.tinypic.com/2s9t27a.gifhttp://i49.tinypic.com/332rm6s.jpg (+8 foot)

Exquisite right?, It is blatantly true how first Fox and then game developers mistake evolution (of the IP like they say) for involution, right?

Also, I'd highly recommend you to see and admire Locusta's alien warrior. Then you will understand why It is necessary to criticize some decisions when It comes to, first Fox, and then developers. Only then you come to understand that the franchise is not in the right hands

The first pic is misleading because that guy is not tall. I don't know his exact height but he is a short dude. (Below average height for a male)

And the last pic from the first movie marked +8 foot is incorrect. The actor who played the alien was 6'10" (7'0" with the costume on.)

The puppets used in the second movie were 8 feet tall, but the actual film does not contain any solid references to the exact height of the aliens. The point is that they were intended to look big and scary.

In short, I believe gearbox is capable of delivering a true ALIENS experience rife with fear, anxiety, and intensity. We won't know for sure until we get to play the game but I am not worried.

Thanks a bunch for finding these new pics ikarop!

escroto

escroto

Quote from: bobby brown on May 03, 2012, 04:43:24 PMVerry boldly spoken. I would never make a game or movie for you
and not only I but the entire human race would be eternally grateful for that

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 05:48:00 PMThe first pic is misleading because that guy is not tall. I don't know his exact height but he is a short dude.
the guy is around 1'75-1'80mt..., dude

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 05:48:00 PMAnd the last pic from the first movie marked +8 foot is incorrect. The actor who played the alien was 6'10" (7'0" with the costume on.)
and Ridley had to use those weird camera angles to make the viewer believe It was as tall as the +8 foot tall puppet, so the alien, canonically, sizes +8 foot tall.

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 05:48:00 PMThe puppets used in the second movie were 8 feet tall, but the actual film does not contain any solid references to the exact height of the aliens.
the puppets sized right the same than Giger's in the other pic. The are smaller (human size) in aliens because they are actors hired 8 foot tall too, so the warriors, and again canonically, sized 8 foot

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 05:48:00 PMbut I am not worried.
I wouldn't like to be worried too, believe me, but I have many years of experience on this hype things and how they end up.

I just don't have any interest in raining on your legit hype mate, or anyone's

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: escroto on May 03, 2012, 05:52:37 PM
Quote from: bobby brown on May 03, 2012, 04:43:24 PMVerry boldly spoken. I would never make a game or movie for you
and not only I but the entire human race would be eternally grateful for that
The entire human race? That is a bit of an exaggeration.

The alien is not canonically 8 feet tall just because that was the height of a prop/puppet. Maybe in your personal canon, but that is not movie canon. For example, the dimensions of the set props for Hadley's Hope were not the size of a full colony, but in the movie its depicted as a huge sprawling environment.

Its clearly obvious the aliens in the game are taller than even the tallest marines shown. This is based off numerous screenshots posted, including some that I took myself from the original E3 2011 demo. It's safe to say gearbox has made the aliens approx. 7-8 feet tall, which is exactly in line with the heights featured in ALIEN and ALIENS.

Is it really necessary to completely flip out over a couple of inches in height? I think not...

escroto

escroto

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 06:08:32 PMIts clearly obvious the aliens in the game are taller than even the tallest marines shown. This is based off numerous screenshots posted, including some that I took myself from the original E3 2011 demo. It's safe to say gearbox has made the aliens approx. 7-8 feet tall, which is exactly in line with the heights featured in ALIEN and ALIENS.
all those pics are obviously doctored and photoshopped to death. When you see them in the video they are ridiculously small when head on. Get your head out of the clouds already and quit saying they are tall because their size has been touched in a couple of shots clearly oriented on hidding the size problem when they started hearing the people talking about this on many web sites around.

Predaker

Quote from: escroto on May 03, 2012, 06:13:08 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2012, 06:08:32 PMIts clearly obvious the aliens in the game are taller than even the tallest marines shown. This is based off numerous screenshots posted, including some that I took myself from the original E3 2011 demo. It's safe to say gearbox has made the aliens approx. 7-8 feet tall, which is exactly in line with the heights featured in ALIEN and ALIENS.
all those pics are obviously doctored and photoshopped to death. When you see them in the video they are ridiculously small when head on. Get your head out of the clouds already

The screenshots that i took myself and posted on these forums were clearly not doctored, and they definitively show the warriors are taller than the marines.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed