New Tv Spots!

Started by Darkoo, May 01, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

Author
New Tv Spots! (Read 136,563 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Just saw a new tv spot however the only new thing is that shaw explains to the crew during the briefing that they called the large beings engineers and the reason is because they engineered mankind.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 18, 2012, 06:34:23 AMJust saw a new tv spot however the only new thing is that shaw explains to the crew during the briefing that they called the large beings engineers and the reason is because they engineered mankind.

She thinks that they engineered mankind. She is known to be wrong from time to time. ;)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

The jockey seems to have a severe case of OCD in this animated gif. lol

New mouth creature screencaps:

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Good Lord what the hell is that.

Is it the CobraHugger?

It doesn't quite look like it. Then again it goes by fast as hell!

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 18, 2012, 07:42:26 AM

Is it the CobraHugger?

From the beer commercial. It's whatever the cobra thing lays in milburn's throat. I take it, it's the "hammerpede" as named in the soundtrack title. You can kind of see little centipede type legs in the last two pictures of it exiting his mouth.

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: Ballzanya on May 18, 2012, 07:49:42 AM

Is it the CobraHugger?

From the beer commercial. It's whatever the cobra thing lays in milburn's throat. I take it, it's the "hammerpede" as named in the soundtrack title. You can kind of see little centipede type legs in the last two pictures of it exiting his mouth.

I recognized where it came from, but man... if that's the hammerpede than ewwww. Gross.

Kinda reminds me of the chestburster from Giger's Alien Life Cycle Mural:

Notice the mandibles on the top, the smooth look to it that isn't anything like the Chestburster in Alien.

It's possible that it looks different in this shot(Speculation imminent) on his mural because it might be bursting from a Space Jockey.

Now if you look at the freeze frame, it almost looks like it has 4 mandibles like on the mural.

Ergo, the Hammerpede(if that is what that is) may have been inspired by the weird looking Giger Mural chestburster that has 4 insect like mandibles.

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 18, 2012, 08:01:20 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on May 18, 2012, 07:49:42 AM

Is it the CobraHugger?

I recognized where it came from, but man... if that's the hammerpede than ewwww. Gross.

Kinda reminds me of the chestburster from Giger's Alien Life Cycle Mural:

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n484/ThunderOdin25/giger.jpg

Notice the mandibles on the top, the smooth look to it that isn't anything like the Chestburster in Alien.

It's possible that it looks different in this shot(Speculation imminent) on his mural because it might be bursting from a Space Jockey.

Now if you look at the freeze frame, it almost looks like it has 4 mandibles like on the mural.

Ergo, the Hammerpede(if that is what that is) may have been inspired by the weird looking Giger Mural chestburster that has 4 insect like mandibles.

four mandibles??? sounds like

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 18, 2012, 08:01:20 AMNotice the mandibles on the top, the smooth look to it that isn't anything like the Chestburster in Alien.
Giger didn't directly design the chestburster that ended up on screen, and probably a good thing too... enter The Turkey Burster!...

:o :laugh:

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 18, 2012, 09:50:08 AM
Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 18, 2012, 08:01:20 AMNotice the mandibles on the top, the smooth look to it that isn't anything like the Chestburster in Alien.
Giger didn't directly design the chestburster that ended up on screen, and probably a good thing too... enter The Turkey Burster!...

:o :laugh:

Yeah - I've read about this - but never have actually seen it. Ppl were right - it would have been ridiculous.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Giger didn't like it either. He built his own prototype buster:

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Valaquen on May 18, 2012, 12:02:37 PM
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g425/mrmagoo6/picture0102.jpg
Oh shit, are they... molars!? How many puppies did he murder to make this abomination!? ;D

I think it's superior to the screen version. Much more brutal.

Valaquen

Valaquen

The head is pretty much the adult Alien's tongue. They went for a more penis like version, like the adult creature. He apparently made a translucent facehugger but as far as I know it's never been seen. Fox stopped him from working on it because there was a big worry that they wouldn't have the adult Alien finished in time.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

It can't be ignored.. the top of that model still looks like a roast chicken.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Valaquen on May 18, 2012, 12:21:16 PM
The head is pretty much the adult Alien's tongue. They went for a more penis like version, like the adult creature. He apparently made a translucent facehugger but as far as I know it's never been seen. Fox stopped him from working on it because there was a big worry that they wouldn't have the adult Alien finished in time.

...plus while Gigar was working on this and the hugger, neither of which was going down well, no one bothered to tell him another guy (Roger Dicken) had been brought in to finish the designs. Like the gent that he is he took it on the chin when he found out, and completing the Xeno was more important I guess he realised, but you can tell from his interview on the Quadrilogy he was rather pissed over the whole episode. 

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Valaquen on May 18, 2012, 12:02:37 PM

O'Bannon liked it very much though

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed