Aliens: Colonial Marines Toys?

Started by 9th_Stew, Apr 29, 2012, 10:12:56 AM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines Toys? (Read 2,427 times)

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Since companys have made Halo, Street fighter, MGS game figures do you think we would see any Colonial Marine action figures to help promote the game??

Berserker Pred

Maybe, but only if the game sells really well.

Tex

Tex

Take my Money >:D
I want a Hudson character that actually looks like him. The old figures were half assed in my opinion :/ but then again they were made.....20 years ago hahaha

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

NECA is doing these later this year. We haven't seen any sculpts yet, but I believe at least one wave was confirmed back at Toy Fair.

Tribal

Tribal

I though 9th_Stew was asking about the colonial marines from the game itself, not from the movies  :P

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Quote from: Tribal on May 14, 2012, 06:12:11 PM

I though 9th_Stew was asking about the colonial marines from the game itself, not from the movies  :P

im easy going lol

slaysaliens

Randy Faulk, the main guy at NECA, said they're starting w/ only the Colonial Marines from James Cameron's A L I E N S. 

Cpl. Dwayne Hicks & one other marine from the movie will be the first 2 in Series One of NECA Colonial Marines. 

NECA is also making 4 new Warrior Aliens from James Cameron's A L I E N S.  Clean, Damaged, blue highlights, & brown highlights.

Also, Sigourney Weaver is not included in the license.  She has never approved of a Ellen Ripley figure or collectible to date.  I believe the Mattel Dana/Zuul & Avatar character are the only 2 figures ever approved w/ Weaver likeness.

SOURCE:http://twitter.com/#!/neca_toys

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The 'Alien Resurrection' Ripley figure isn't a bad likeness.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

I've always found it amusing that Sigourney was so tough to nail down on action figures, since she evidently had no problem with the collectible card game - it was Arnold who eventually sunk that project, but nowadays, he's come around to allowing all sorts of great figures to be made.

SM

SM

Interestingly her card for the Leading Edge boardgame is a black silhouette.  I wondered at the time if it was due to likeness issues (as Dark Horse said during the initial comic run that they didn't have rights to her likeness).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I remember that with the Dark Horse comics, that was why her face was conveniently hidden in smoke an whatnot whenever she showed up (until Book 3, but likenesses didn't matter in that series because no one looked like anyone anyway. :P )

Tex

Tex

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 15, 2012, 01:47:59 AM
I remember that with the Dark Horse comics, that was why her face was conveniently hidden in smoke an whatnot whenever she showed up (until Book 3, but likenesses didn't matter in that series because no one looked like anyone anyway. :P )
Where doth I get these?
I haven't actually heard of em till now, and I am VERY intrigued

Xenomrph

Tex

Tex

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 15, 2012, 05:00:59 AM
Look no further. :)
Cheers mate, will keep an eye on them  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed