SFX Magazine & L'écran Fantastique (April/May 2012) [French]

Started by NGR01, Apr 27, 2012, 09:54:35 PM

Author
SFX Magazine & L'écran Fantastique (April/May 2012) [French] (Read 57,873 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I recall the script with "Special Order 937."  It turned out to be fake.  Spaihts has debunked it, I believe.

What he and Scott have both said is that their concepts always involved the jockeys, terraforming, the creation of life, etc.  I remember that talk going way back to when Rinsch was on the project.  Direct prequel to Alien seemed far off even then from Scott's words.

NGR01

Quote from: xii22loop on May 02, 2012, 07:07:18 AM
well said NGR01

on a random different strain, does the Engineer's suits remind anybody the still suits the Fremen wear in David Lynch's DUNE?

http://snowhugger.net/images/fremen.jpg

Thanks ;)

Those fremen suit are one of my favorite design ever.
Since the design is based on a skinned human concept they do evokes the skeletal Engineer suit.
But when you look closely it's a whole different thing.
Nice catch nonetheless ;)

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 02, 2012, 07:53:51 AM
I recall the script with "Special Order 937."  It turned out to be fake.  Spaihts has debunked it, I believe.

What he and Scott have both said is that their concepts always involved the jockeys, terraforming, the creation of life, etc.  I remember that talk going way back to when Rinsch was on the project.  Direct prequel to Alien seemed far off even then from Scott's words.

I'm not refering to any script fake or real, but to what  Sylvain Despretz told me when he was still working with Scott 6 years ago ifi'm correct. Never said that Jockeys, terraforming etc were not in the original prequel script.
Wich did ended up with the landing of the SJ on LV426, humans were in for the ride and had to fight the huge xeno that punctured the SJ chest :)

psychonaut25

Quote from: NGR01 on May 02, 2012, 01:58:42 PM
Quote from: xii22loop on May 02, 2012, 07:07:18 AM
well said NGR01

on a random different strain, does the Engineer's suits remind anybody the still suits the Fremen wear in David Lynch's DUNE?

http://snowhugger.net/images/fremen.jpg

Thanks ;)

Those fremen suit are one of my favorite design ever.
Since the design is based on a skinned human concept they do evokes the skeletal Engineer suit.
But when you look closely it's a whole different thing.
Nice catch nonetheless ;)

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 02, 2012, 07:53:51 AM

I'm not refering to any script fake or real, but to what  Sylvain Despretz told me when he was still working with Scott 6 years ago ifi'm correct. Never said that Jockeys, terraforming etc were not in the original prequel script.
Wich did ended up with the landing of the SJ on LV426, humans were in for the ride and had to fight the huge xeno that punctured the SJ chest :)

WOW!! Now I kno where i have seen such suits!! Something was ringing in my head that such design was used before.
But it's an interestng coincidence...First the skull on the top of the pyramid(dune like both, the head and the pyramid) and now the suits..It looks like they are bringing old Giger unused  designs to life.

mastermoon

At one point the movie was rumored to be called "Alien: Paradise"

psychonaut25

Quote from: mastermoon on May 02, 2012, 03:11:56 PM
At one point the movie was rumored to be called "Alien: Paradise"

Good that they are not using it..sound too cheesy, like an Uwe Boll movie.

wmmvrrvrrmm

My copy of SFX arrived today, no new images but an interesting read non the less

psychonaut25

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on May 02, 2012, 04:31:57 PM
My copy of SFX arrived today, no new images but an interesting read non the less

Are scans possible?

NGR01

It was never called ALIEN: PARADISE but just PARADISE.
It was the codename only used at Pinewood studios, when Scott has a small art departement working on the movie.
:)

SFX scans are available on PROMETHEUSFORUMS already ;)
I you don't speak french, don't bother no new image.
But like my mate said it's an interesting read.

psychonaut25

Quote from: NGR01 on May 02, 2012, 04:57:49 PM
It was never called ALIEN: PARADISE but just PARADISE.
It was the codename only used at Pinewood studios, when Scott has a small art departement working on the movie.
:)

SFX scans are available on PROMETHEUSFORUMS already ;)
I you don't speak french, don't bother no new image.
But like my mate said it's an interesting read.

then I asked the wrong question :) is translation possible?

NGR01

I've translated the juicy facts in the first post of this thread ;)

wmmvrrvrrmm

Well my  L'écran Fantastique Horse-Serie arrived. I think reading the interviews in this issue is sending me into even more a state of Promethean Rage than ever

NGR01

Why??????
You're scarring me.

Cvalda

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on May 05, 2012, 12:24:55 PM
Well my  L'écran Fantastique Horse-Serie arrived. I think reading the interviews in this issue is sending me into even more a state of Promethean Rage than ever
:( Is it worse than Space Tapir?

RoaryUK

Quote from: NGR01 on May 02, 2012, 12:13:18 AM
Scott said ok, his idea was for 2 R rated movies that were real prequels leading to the events of ALIEN.
Jon Spaihts wrote that direct prequel, wich was going to be cut in 2 movies (wich included the proto alien, the derelict landing on LV426 and the special Order 937 sent to mother).
Scott asked for a budget of 200 millions dollars, FOX refused, no way they were going to put that money in 2 R rated movies especially for a franchise thats almost dead in the water.

Then Scott had the idea to sell the movie as a new franchise.
Asked Damon Lindelof to remove/merge some scenes and transform all the direct links to ALIEN in order to make the story work as one movie cutting the budget in half.
Scott also asked to have the liberty to shoot an R rated movie but agreed to deliver also a PG13 cut.

I certainly believe most of the above is true, it also explains why we won't get an "R" rated (or 18 over here) movie which is being saved for the Blu-Ray release.  I'd even argue this is not Scott's film at all, but simply a compromise based on the studio telling him what he can and can't do. The fact he's doing it at all says there must be something he sees worth doing with Prometheus, but just how much influence has Rotheman had in all this. Like I always said, I hope some day we get to see what Jon Spaihts wrote, I never did like the idea of Lindelof's involvement, I'm not even convinced Scott really asked him to re-write what was the prequel, that it was more likely at the studios 'request'. Far as all things ALIEN goes I fear the worst, even though it could still be a great movie, it won't be the prequel I hoped for.   

ThisBethesdaSea

So you want a prequel that leads directly into the events of Alien?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed