SFX Magazine & L'écran Fantastique (April/May 2012) [French]

Started by NGR01, Apr 27, 2012, 09:54:35 PM

Author
SFX Magazine & L'écran Fantastique (April/May 2012) [French] (Read 57,313 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: xii22loop on Apr 28, 2012, 04:24:50 AM
persian civilisation inspiration from Arthur Max?  No offence to Persia or human civilization, but come on, could an alien species not be inspired by something human. That was what was so good about Giger, his stuff is bio organic looking it looks completely non-human, completely alien, the floors in the original Derelict didn't even look like anything humanoid was made to walk on them

So far I'm sad about this new film, but at least I'm at least looking forwards to seeing Noomi Rapace in it. The original Alien I suppose will be a film that's unequaled and I don't know what to say about the lack of direct input from Giger, but I don't think that the faux-biomechanics in this new film really affect my subconscious in any interesting way whatsoever so far, apart form Giger's mural/sculpture or whatever it is that looks as if it could make a good belt buckle.

Maybe all this new stuff lacks a certain sense of Freudian mystery.

I seem to have absolutely no urge to draw one of the engineers or any of the new biomechanic set interiors. But if there is something still that's not been seen that is supposed to interest me, we will see

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Apr 28, 2012, 01:40:24 PM
persian civilisation inspiration from Arthur Max?  No offence to Persia or human civilization, but come on, could an alien species not be inspired by something human. That was what was so good about Giger, his stuff is bio organic looking it looks completely non-human, completely alien, the floors in the original Derelict didn't even look like anything humanoid was made to walk on them

So far I'm sad about this new film, but at least I'm at least looking forwards to seeing Noomi Rapace in it. The original Alien I suppose will be a film that's unequaled and I don't know what to say about the lack of direct input from Giger, but I don't think that the faux-biomechanics in this new film really affect my subconscious in any interesting way whatsoever so far, apart form Giger's mural/sculpture or whatever it is that looks as if it could make a good belt buckle.

Maybe all this new stuff lacks a certain sense of Freudian mystery.

I seem to have absolutely no urge to draw one of the engineers or any of the new biomechanic set interiors. But if there is something still that's not been seen that is supposed to interest me, we will see

I feel pretty much the same... I will go see Prometheus of course, it's at least something to look forward to, but as an Alien fan I'm expecting something of a cop-out to entertain the masses who couldn't care less anyway. I don't think Prometheus will be a flop, but I don't expect it to be anything really Alien either, and that will be a real shame if it comes to pass. 

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 27, 2012, 10:26:57 PM
QuoteGUTALIN was hired to for that, his Gigerian but yet more mechanical style was perfect for the look they wanted.

Seriously?! Gutalin? So damn happy to hear this.

The art of this guy is really terrific  :o

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Zenzucht on Apr 28, 2012, 02:41:09 PM
QuoteGUTALIN was hired to for that, his Gigerian but yet more mechanical style was perfect for the look they wanted.

They have some of his work published in the Prometheus edition of L'écran Fantastique Hors-Série. They let you look through the magazine at low resolution here.
http://www.journaux.fr/lecran-fantastique-hors-serie_cinema_art-et-culture_129895.html

Effectz

Effectz

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Effectz on Apr 28, 2012, 04:10:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vveYV.jpg

Ok a post a while ago that was made by someone on set said he saw for guys dressed in "skeletal costumes eating lunch".  Looks like this is now possible.  I need to find that post it said some other shit as well.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 28, 2012, 04:00:35 AM
Quote from: NGR01 on Mar 19, 2012, 04:00:45 PM
Maybe the ALIEN space jockey, was also infected at the same moment but managed to flee the planet in the Derelict and
crashed on LV426.

It's been confirmed that the derelict in Alien landed. It did not crash.
Yep my bad.
And i reported it first after i heard it from Scott at the press screening in Paris.
Bad habits die hard.

Quote from: RoaryUK on Apr 28, 2012, 01:37:43 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on Apr 27, 2012, 10:23:28 PM
I think four. Like the sarcophgis in the Orrery room.
3 will die from chestbursting creatures, the 4th one is the survivor the human crew will meet.
As for the origin of the disaster on LV423, all leads to xeno infestation.

If LV423 is just a waystation for Engineers, i wonder if their homeworld and race still exist.

I'd be suprised to see anything from the original film in this one... including chest-bursters!
Never said we would actually see those chest bursters.
But the holes in the chest of the sarcophagis leaves no doubt about the type of creatures that killed those 3 Engineers.
Like i said month ago, my take on the Derelict is that its pilot and cargo are very very old.
That we will not witness the birth of the alien in PROMETHEUS because they have been a bioweapon already in use for centuries by the Engineers. But there is that leak wich has been pretty accurate from say one that says the human will confront massive alien like creatures in the 3rd act.
Won't be suprised that they end up being those born from Engineers.
Either the same ones or their spawn (the snakes?).
It seems clear to me now that the're will be at least two forms of infections/creature, from the content of the urns and from that snake.

I don't remember the exact phrase, Max was kinda just saying that they drew inspiration from many stuff.
This is just one of the visual inspiration he quoted.
Doubt it will be exactly persian like. It has been make clear that the Engineers inspired humans so maybe the idea is that the Persian and other cultures were inspired by them.
Don't think it will be very important in the end.
From day one, the risk of adressing Space Jockeys was that it was going to be rationalized.
What we think, what should be, or how it looked like don't really matter now Scott has HIS take on the material so its take it or leave now.
I'm taking it.

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Apr 28, 2012, 02:56:14 PM
Quote from: Zenzucht on Apr 28, 2012, 02:41:09 PM

They have some of his work published in the Prometheus edition of L'écran Fantastique Hors-Série. They let you look through the magazine at low resolution here.
http://www.journaux.fr/lecran-fantastique-hors-serie_cinema_art-et-culture_129895.html

Thanks.
Usually i pass on l'ecran fantastique because they love everything.
Wil check it out if it's intrerresting and not just press kit stuff.

I'm digging the Engineer's undersuit.

ThisBethesdaSea

Who says it's their undersuit? What if it's their birthday suit?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Big bald guys with some exoskeletal biomech parts -- now THESE are some original designs.

xii22loop

xii22loop

now even though it wasn't designed by Giger, it looks like it was.   (although the sets still look like someone else trying to deisgn like Giger, but whatever)

NGR01

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 28, 2012, 06:04:14 PM
Who says it's their undersuit? What if it's their birthday suit?

I do :)
This is the suit they wear all the time.
Their regular clothes if you see what i mean.
Then when needed they wear the full suit (the space jockey full suit also seen in the Juggernaut corridor leading to the Orrery or laying in the ground near the Engineer head).

x-M-x

x-M-x

Ian whyte? thought it was phill martin?

Quote from: RoaryUK on Apr 28, 2012, 01:37:43 PM
Quote from: NGR01 on Apr 27, 2012, 10:23:28 PM
I think four. Like the sarcophgis in the Orrery room.
3 will die from chestbursting creatures, the 4th one is the survivor the human crew will meet.
As for the origin of the disaster on LV423, all leads to xeno infestation.

If LV423 is just a waystation for Engineers, i wonder if their homeworld and race still exist.

I'd be suprised to see anything from the original film in this one... including chest-bursters!

LV-426 Dude

NGR01

Maybe there were reshoots, maybe Martin did close ups or test shoot only, or they ended up going with whyte instead.
Who knows. Maybe the other actors that Stammers did not named included Martin.

x-M-x

Quote from: NGR01 on Apr 28, 2012, 07:29:58 PM
Maybe there were reshoots, maybe Martin did close ups or test shoot only, or they ended up going with whyte instead.
Who knows. Maybe the other actors that Stammers did not named included Martin.

but martin said on his twitter 'THATS ME IN THE CHAIR' lol

NGR01

I think we can safely assume that the artist who made the prosthetics of the suit knows who he have been working with for 32 days. Like i said we already know of at least 4 actors playing Engineers either for different roles or sizes so Martin is just one of them but the main one seems to be Ian Whyte.

We are talking about LV423 dude.
This is where the Engineer's waystation is.
This is where the Prometheus is flying to.
Check your facts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed