Extended Behind-the-scenes Footage

Started by Darkoo, Apr 27, 2012, 10:50:04 AM

Author
Extended Behind-the-scenes Footage (Read 48,699 times)

bioweapon

Now moving back on topic, any guesses to what those bright lights are shining off LV-223?  They're seen during the Prometheus ship's rotation and its descent towards the planet.

looks like electric storms to me... very stormy planet  8)

ThisBethesdaSea

Stop spamming here for that site. More often then not, they get their news from here. Respectfully, GO AWAY. AvP has had more scoops then any other Prometheus related site.

LarsVader

Quote from: bioweapon on Apr 29, 2012, 12:49:48 AM

Now moving back on topic, any guesses to what those bright lights are shining off LV-223?  They're seen during the Prometheus ship's rotation and its descent towards the planet.

Just regular lightning.
http://vimeo.com/32001208

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: LarsVader on Apr 29, 2012, 01:44:43 AM

Just regular lightning.

Wow, that's a great video.  The sparks really make me think of sparks of life.

Do you happen to know what the green bands covering Earth are, by any chance?

Barringer

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Apr 29, 2012, 01:48:21 AM
Quote from: LarsVader on Apr 29, 2012, 01:44:43 AM

Just regular lightning.

Wow, that's a great video.  The sparks really make me think of sparks of life.

Do you happen to know what the green bands covering Earth are, by any chance?

Aurora Borealis, I would guess, perhaps Aurora Australis. Unless you meant something else?

MrSpaceJockey

Ah, yes, you are correct.  A still from the video LarsVader posted is on the Wikipedia page for Auroras.

Rong

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 29, 2012, 01:41:19 AM
Stop spamming here for that site. More often then not, they get their news from here. Respectfully, GO AWAY. AvP has had more scoops then any other Prometheus related site.

I'm pretty sure IMDB gets most the news first everyone copies them.

MrSpaceJockey

That's a joke, right? 

Rong

No not at all, get all the time stamps and dig through the ratings nonsense you'll find they are on point a great percentage of the time.

MrSpaceJockey

Hm, I really should look at that.  Too bad a lot of the pages get messed up and edited by other people who don't know what they're talking about.

Kol

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Apr 29, 2012, 02:46:32 AM
That's a joke, right?

from all the member creations: ron swanston is the best!

and in regards of prometheusforum.net: i admit, it is a great site, with a lot more going on (discussed) than on this board and a lot of fan art, speculation that goes partially beyond what i read on other prometheus related boards.

on topic: does anybody think the new featurette is spoilerish?  ???
in the beginning, when this movie was anounced we had nothing, and now we got more than we want, at least what i want.
f**k it, we already saw the costume of the space jockey in this french magazine.  :o

ThisBethesdaSea

They revealed the jockey to us pretty early, so I'd say we're still spoiler free.

Kol

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 29, 2012, 03:08:08 AM
They revealed the jockey to us pretty early, so I'd say we're still spoiler free.

what you sayin' sounds contradictory to me.  ???

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 28, 2012, 09:47:13 PM
Nice!

But f**k ... I'm not Russian.

Love that David Basketball shot. Looks like we'll be treated to a little montage of what he'll be doing to pass the time while the ship travels to the planet. Nice shot David ... and whilst riding a bike!

Spoiler
Alien Resurrection nod anyone?  ;D
[close]

I hated that scene in Alien Resurection. This one with david looks much better tho, but if Riddley wanted to pay a homage to Resurection, he could have chosen another scene...Or maybe he wanted to show how to make a horrible scene looks good? Whatever it is, its not a coincidence I think...

Kol

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Apr 29, 2012, 03:24:18 AM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 28, 2012, 09:47:13 PM
Nice!

But f**k ... I'm not Russian.

Love that David Basketball shot. Looks like we'll be treated to a little montage of what he'll be doing to pass the time while the ship travels to the planet. Nice shot David ... and whilst riding a bike!

Spoiler
Alien Resurrection nod anyone?  ;D
[close]

I hated that scene in Alien Resurection. This one with david looks much better tho, but if Riddley wanted to pay a homage to Resurection, he could have chosen another scene...Or maybe he wanted to show how to make a horrible scene looks good? Whatever it is, its not a coincidence I think...

subtle fan-service, maybe? as for the scene with marshall-green in the RT01, where he's cheering up, like a hudson moment. maybe that's what scott meant with alien-dna? either that or we are just reading too much into it.

i mean those scenes have to be in the script first, so maybe they decided to kill all the xeno traits and rather re-make iconic scenes from the pervious movies?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed