Extended Behind-the-scenes Footage

Started by Darkoo, Apr 27, 2012, 10:50:04 AM

Author
Extended Behind-the-scenes Footage (Read 48,696 times)

DendaReloaded

Winkie Bear

I had some random thoughts that people might be interested in.

Firstly, I think that the scene with David wearing the yellow visor is where he's viewing the dreams of those in cryosleep. Alan Dean Foster's novelizations have some extended openings about 'dreamers' and I wonder if David learns about human behaviour during the long FTL outbound trip in this way....

Second, the pictograms. Particularly the 'Skye' pictogram, where the spheres seem to have crosses on them, which resemble the cross-like apertures on the spherical laser scanners the explorers use. The pictogram looks like some tall guy throwing up these scanning spheres, rather like Fifield throws the spheres in the alien corridor. Why such an image would end up in Earth's past I don't know...

Finally, interesting article in New Scientist about an underground tomb complex being studied by laser scanners - interesting timing....and familiar-looking graphics!
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2012/04/ancient-burial-chamber-reveale.html

Be interested to know what people reckon.

acrediblesource

Does anyone know who those guys standing in at the pool table with Ridley Scott  in the clip dissolving to M .Fasssbender and L. Marshall-Green ? I don't know russian but either they are
1.   auditioning for the roles
2. art department or lighting department standing in for the characters to get the scene and camera positions right.
3. some other unknown characters in the films yet to be identified (oddly posing in the same positions as fassbender and marshall-green) whats up with that?.

???

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: ucdom on Apr 28, 2012, 04:24:55 PM
Finally, interesting article in New Scientist about an underground tomb complex being studied by laser scanners - interesting timing....and familiar-looking graphics!
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2012/04/ancient-burial-chamber-reveale.html

Be interested to know what people reckon.

Hi Ucdom,

LIDAR based 3-D surveying has been around for some time.  The industry leader in these devices are made by Leica -- Geosystems division:

http://www.leica-geosystems.com/en/HDS-Laser-Scanners-SW_5570.htm

When the LIDAR data is incorporated into a 3-D computer modeling program, the results are pretty amazing:

The real action begins around 00:35, when the perspective zooms in, and the camera moves around the town (Stratford-upon-Avon, England)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF_p_iaWF48#ws

ThisBethesdaSea

They're standins. Typically films have standins in place for the real actors while lighting and composition are worked out. It would be a waste of the actors time to have them do that. Smaller budgeted films however may use the actors to save money.

LarsVader

Quote from: acrediblesource on Apr 28, 2012, 04:56:09 PM
Does anyone know who those guys standing in at the pool table with Ridley Scott  in the clip dissolving to M .Fasssbender and L. Marshall-Green ? I don't know russian but either they are
2. art department or lighting department standing in for the characters to get the scene and camera positions right.
3. some other unknown characters in the films yet to be identified (oddly posing in the same positions as fassbender and marshall-green) whats up with that?.

???

http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/05/james-payton-added-to-prometheus-cast.html

Eva

Quote from: ucdom on Apr 28, 2012, 04:24:55 PM
I had some random thoughts that people might be interested in.

Firstly, I think that the scene with David wearing the yellow visor is where he's viewing the dreams of those in cryosleep. Alan Dean Foster's novelizations have some extended openings about 'dreamers' and I wonder if David learns about human behaviour during the long FTL outbound trip in this way....

Second, the pictograms. Particularly the 'Skye' pictogram, where the spheres seem to have crosses on them, which resemble the cross-like apertures on the spherical laser scanners the explorers use. The pictogram looks like some tall guy throwing up these scanning spheres, rather like Fifield throws the spheres in the alien corridor. Why such an image would end up in Earth's past I don't know...

Some interesting thoughts...

I'm thinking that David wearing that helmet/visor, enables him to monitor the crew cryo tubes at all times, no matter where he is located on The Prometheus or what he's doing during the 2 year journey out. There has to be a reason why it's so easy portable, me thinks...

I'm pretty certain the pictograms depict star positions seen from Earth. The similarity of the various pictograms, is what essentially makes Shaw and Holloway believe it's a real location and hence the plot of the film.

Bat Chain Puller

Nice!

But f**k ... I'm not Russian.

Love that David Basketball shot. Looks like we'll be treated to a little montage of what he'll be doing to pass the time while the ship travels to the planet. Nice shot David ... and whilst riding a bike!

Spoiler
Alien Resurrection nod anyone?  ;D
[close]

bioweapon

Quote from: LarsVader on Apr 28, 2012, 07:44:21 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Apr 28, 2012, 04:56:09 PM

???
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OrUEvF7VOsg/TdJUSxjaqwI/AAAAAAAAAE4/AlWnYhY70Oc/s1600/jpayton.jpg
http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011/05/james-payton-added-to-prometheus-cast.html
Im going Number 2, but it is rare this actor standing in Marshall-Green place. As the other one, his hair reminds me some statements in this forum about 2 androids, and this other blonde guy in the ampule room.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42468.270

Eva

Quote from: glaswegianmark on Apr 29, 2012, 12:26:12 AM
guys because this site is slow slow with news updates join prometheuforum.net. we have a live stream http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/692 where the new trailer will be shown live

please feel free to leave this troll invested shite (sorry i meant site)
and join ours.

kind regards,
Terraformer

"Building better forums"
Spoiler
[close]

slyrfn01

Sorry, OT but responding to terraformer.

"Thanks, but no thanks."

I have been a long-time lurker on this site (look at my post count :/ ) and rather enjoy the format and discussions on avpgalaxy. I have been a fan of this site every since.... gosh, it's been years and I personally think that your comments about this site are troll-ish and unwarranted; this site has a very dedicated staff and the flow of news suits my personal taste. If the other forum suits your needs, this is fine too, I just think it was wrong of for you to come in here and trash this fine operation and promote your forum of choice in the process; not the best way to promote it IMO.

P.S. "troll-infested" is the pot calling the kettle black?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: glaswegianmark on Apr 29, 2012, 12:26:12 AM
please feel free to leave this troll invested shite (sorry i meant site)

I don't recall any trolls here (except for those that were brought here from other sites to blindly attack us, that is).

You guys have a nice looking site and all, but I'm more than happy with this one. There are great people here that I have grown to really love talking to, and this site is an excellent source of all news Alien and Predator related. I won't be leaving here any time soon. :)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I usually end up really enjoying reading the Prometheus Forums.  But like any other forum, there are some silly members and ideas, as well as those with great, thought provoking discussions.  Ours is no different.  What has been pissing me off lately are the comments attacking AvPGalaxy.  Usually when I come across them in the Prometheus Forums they're off topic and I find them blatantly offensive.

It helps if you don't call out a site as shit before offering them to join your forum.  Many already have.  You're a horrendous example of an otherwise great forum and collection of Alien/Prometheus fans. 

Sincerely,
Mr Space Jockey.

"Not completely ignorant."

-
Now moving back on topic, any guesses to what those bright lights are shining off LV-223?  They're seen during the Prometheus ship's rotation and its descent towards the planet.

RustiSwordz

Probably already mentioned but did anyone see the cloaked figure walking near the waterfall behind Noomi Rapace interview?

MrSpaceJockey

Yep!  :) Speculated to be the same bald fellow from the full trailer's beginning, of course.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed