Aliens: Colonial Marines in Games Master

Started by ikarop, Apr 26, 2012, 10:54:10 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines in Games Master (Read 23,194 times)

ikarop

Gearbox and Sega’s upcoming Aliens: Colonial Marines videogame is the cover story of the latest issue of Games Master. The 6-page article features brand new (and kinda spoilerific) concept art pieces as well as some interesting bits about Weyland-Yutani’s role in the game. Click the image below to check out the magazine scans.

In related news, Sega has released a high quality screenshot today via Facebook. You can see it here.

ikarop

ikarop

SM

The WY stasis tubes look like they're straight out of the second comic series.

And the 14 weeks post Alien3 is interesting when marrying it up with Infestation.

Xeno Killer 2179

The guys in white armor take me way back to the days of alien trilogy. I have a good feeling about this game. ;D

Prime113

There's no way they're delaying this again, not with all this exposure.

Griffith

So Gearbox really nerd it out, I'm happy that they are using part of the plot of Aliens: Nightmare Asylum, I can't wait for this game to come out

SM

And yet the guys who did the comics never did anything quite so extreme as re-writing the end of Aliens.  ;)

chupacabras acheronsis

i want those f**king stickers oh my god

newbeing

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 27, 2012, 01:50:25 AM
i want those f**king stickers oh my god

Ditto. Came with a poster too I guess.

HybridNewborn

Lurker sounds interesting. Wonder if it's visually different at all, since they say the Soldiers were recognizable as such.

Predaker

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Apr 27, 2012, 03:59:09 AM
Lurker sounds interesting. Wonder if it's visually different at all, since they say the Soldiers were recognizable as such.
Yes they do look different, as well as having different abilities. The lurker is designed like the giger alien from the first movie with a smooth dome head. The warriors have ridged heads like in the movie ALIENS; more health but less agility than the lurker.

HybridNewborn

So the Lurker is modeled after the xeno from Alien?

Predaker

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Apr 27, 2012, 04:08:18 AM
So the Lurker is modeled after the xeno from Alien?
That's right. The lurker is supposed to be modeled after the alien from the first movie back in '79. (Giger's original design.)

The alien warriors are modeled after the xenos seen in ALIENS. (Cameron design)

And of course, a new xeno called "The Crusher." (Original design by gearbox)

I suspect we will see even more than those types.

cubanb82

The only thing that gets to me is the whole ALIEN TUBES thing... How could there have been aliens on board the Sulaco before they landed on Hadley's Hope? None of Gorman's marines knew what they were up against.. But there were specimens on board? I'm hoping this will have some sort of logical explanation.

As for the mysterious egg in Alien 3, I think that was honestly just shitty shitty screenwriting. Not sure if it was Vincent Wards script that had that crap in it or not, but with the fiasco of a production that turned out to be.. I'm not left wondering how it got there, lol.

Think of it this way, the queen had an ovipositor that allowed it to lay eggs which she furiously ripped herself off of to chase Ripley, and sure, she could likely lay a single one as sort of a hive kick starter, but the other main problem is that once aboard the Sulaco she came out from her hiding spot on the dropship, chased Ripley for a few seconds, then chased Newt for like a minute tops, then spend the rest of her time fighting Ripley in the Power Loader... She literally didn't have time to lay the egg.

Anyhow, the main question is the one I'm most interested in because if this Is canon, it seems like one huuuuuge error. Meh. Can't wait to play the game tho!

SM

I can't imagine many people will treat as canon to be honest.

There's around 45-50 minutes flight time from the planet to the Sulaco for the Queen to lay an egg.  For what it's worth.

QuoteNot sure if it was Vincent Wards script that had that crap in it or not, but with the fiasco of a production that turned out to be.. I'm not left wondering how it got there, lol.

Pretty much every Alien3 script - not just Wards - had not-entirely-convincing ways of bringing the Aliens back.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed