New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews)

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Apr 26, 2012, 12:24:49 AM

Author
New Prometheus Featurette! (New Clips/Short Interviews) (Read 41,321 times)

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Barringer on Apr 26, 2012, 03:06:57 AM
LV-223 could be another moon in orbit around the Jovian planet, but where I had read LV-223, there was some question as to whether that was a mistake on the part of the press report since some other detail was incorrect. Is it definitely confirmed that it's LV-223 and it wasn't a misreporting of LV-426?

The biggest indication that this isn't the same planetary system from ALIEN is the time it takes to get to LV-223.  I think in ALIEN they stated that they were 10 months out from Earth.  The crew of the Prometheus were in Cryo Sleep for 2.5 years. 

Kol

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 26, 2012, 02:34:14 PM
Well then the look of the newborn must have been lifted from Gigers earlier work as clearly, the concept has been around since the 70s. The Newborn could've actually been scary if it had been puppetteered correctly. It moved terribly slow, and had ZERO menace to it. ADI couldn't get that great of a performance out of the creature.

it was ugly, indeed, but it scared me. it was a 3-meter baby, that want to "cuddle" your head till it explodes.  :o

i am a bit doubtful if the "creatures" in this movie will be scaring, or have an original design as the xenomorph.
not that at it should copy it, but aliens (in every sci-fi movie) in general, deserve an extraordinary design.

NGR01

Quote from: Vulgotha on Apr 26, 2012, 01:41:05 PM
People who said that the Engineers\SJ weren't enormous can go blow themselves lol. Here's some solid proof that they're very big:

Compare them to David8.

Basically, NGR (I think his name was) who gave me shit in another thread for doubting his assertions based on the perspective of the camera angles (regarding jockey size). In particular, I remember using the shot of the SJ standing on top of the orrery console as an example that we had little to compare him to. Well, now we do and it's quite clear that they are massive compared to regular humans.

Keep in mind that while the univerze/planetary systems 'zoom in' the size of the engineers does not fluctuate. To me, this is quite indicative of their actual size.

Before getting allantsy to point fingers please learn to read.
NOBODY and i mean NO BO DY said that there were no giant Engineers.
That includes me.
Actual Engineer are GIANT.
It's a fact everyone has agreed upon.

Now what i've been saying is that there is also a character wich is human sized that is wearing an Engineer suit.
Who is that character is still open for discution (my take is David or Weyland).
3 images show that human sized Engineer suited character.
The one rising from the console is human sized, you just need to compare him to the shot where DAVID is kneeing near the console, check the console design and size you will see that the rising character is human sized...

BTW I've had confirmation of the human sized Engineer from the same person who told me about ARTHUR MAX vs GIGER...

Now you can go blow anything or anyone you like mate ;)

Kol

@ NGR01: i think the humanized space jockey will be holloway.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

We don't know who ends up wearing a suit, or if there even is a suit......point in fact is that the latest spoilerific behind the scenes blurb mentioned that the crew of the Prometheus stumble upon a survivor of an ancient race (or something). Going ONLY BY WHAT WE KNOW (which is very little) it's safe to say that there's only ONE Jockey, and holograms depicting more.

ALL of this is speculation.

NGR01

Kol,
really don't see an interesting story arc with Holloway.
To me his death will trigger Shaw's rage or something.
Thats all i see him doing.
He's no major actor, pure cannon fodder in my mind.
But i could be wrong.

But Weyland has an interesting story arc.
The wannabe god.The secrecy about his presence on board.
Same with David, how Ridley and co seems to be saying that he's not a regular David 8 but has become something more during the 2 years trip, also to me he's a potential Prometheus a higher being.
But i know some don't agree and see artificical human as lower.

ThisBethesdaSea,
very disapointed by the survivor thing really wanted to see several of them in action and not only Holograms.
Well it does give weight to my theory that they have been wiped outby xenos.
Whats exiting tho is that this planet is not their homeworld but some colony.
A sequel taking place in the home of the gods on Paradise, is possible ^^

Berserker Pred

Very cool footage. I thought David playing around with the SJ controls was cool.  I don't think Logan Marshall-Greens acting is going to be bad, it's not amazing but it's fine.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: VickersAsh on Apr 26, 2012, 11:24:20 AM
amazing!!!

btw, did the ringed planet change positions?

Good catch.  Two things are possible.*

1)  The FX team didn't do their homework (didn't hire me as a consultant), and they F@&Ked up;D
As Prometheus appears to have landed on a moon which is in orbit around a massive, gas giant, it is almost certain that the moon would be tidally locked to the parent gas giant.  A tidally locked moon makes one revolution about it's axis in the same period as it makes one orbital revolution around it's partner planet.  That means, it always shows the same face to the gas giant.  This also means that the main "planet" will  appear fixed at the same point in the sky, for any given observer's location on the moon (presuming they are on the hemisphere which faces the planet, of course).  As an example, the Apollo astronauts would always see the Earth in a fixed, unchanging position in the sky.

This situation occurs with the Earth-Moon system, as well as the moons around Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.  Pluto and Charon are approx. the same size, and they are mutually tidally locked.  Therefore, unless the Prometheus ship moved, and changed orientation, this could be an oversight/mistake on the part of the production team.

2)  Per my last point...it is possible that the Prometheus has moved position and orientation between these film sequences/clips.  I suppose it is even possible that they have left one moon, and moved on to another moon in the system.

*EDIT:  I may have been too hasty in my analysis.  Looking closer at the two pics, it does appear that the ringed planet remains "behind" the front of the Prometheus (with the Prometheus bow/cockpit facing the camera)...at least in these two pics.  The small change in the planet's relative position is simply a change in the perspective/view of the two shots of the Prometheus.

ThisBethesdaSea

Comparatively, LMG's acting will stick out juxtaposed to who he's acting with. Everyone else appears to blow him outta the water acting wise. At least he's pretty to look at. Strangely enough, he's 36 but looks 22.

LarsVader

Quote from: Deuterium on Apr 26, 2012, 04:32:42 PM
Quote from: VickersAsh on Apr 26, 2012, 11:24:20 AM
amazing!!!

btw, did the ringed planet change positions?

Good catch.  Two things are possible.

1)  The FX team didn't do their homework (didn't hire me as a consultant), and they F@&Ked up.  ;D
As Prometheus appears to have landed on a moon which is in orbit around a massive, gas giant, it is almost certain that the moon would be tidally locked to the parent gas giant.  A tidally locked moon makes one revolution about it's axis in the same period as it makes one orbital revolution around it's partner planet.  That means, it always shows the same face to the gas giant.  This also means that the main "planet" will  appear fixed at the same point in the sky, for any given observer's location on the moon (presuming they are on the hemisphere which faces the planet, of course).  As an example, the Apollo astronauts would always see the Earth in a fixed, unchanging position in the sky.

This situation occurs with the Earth-Moon system, as well as the moons around Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.  Pluto and Charon are approx. the same size, and they are mutually tidally locked.  Therefore, unless the Prometheus ship moved, and changed orientation, this could be an oversight/mistake on the part of the production team.

2)  Per my last point...it is possible that the Prometheus has moved position and orientation between these film sequences/clips.  I suppose it is even possible that they have left one moon, and moved on to another moon in the system.
A lot of shots that are in more than one trailer/featurette have flipped sides.
For example when Shaw jumps the gap.
And other things have been changed over time as we all know.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: LarsVader on Apr 26, 2012, 04:41:38 PM
A lot of shots that are in more than one trailer/featurette have flipped sides.
For example when Shaw jumps the gap.
And other things have been changed over time as we all know.

Well, I guess that would make a third possibility.  However, when the film is finished (in the can, so to speak), then possibility #1 holds, and the planet should stay in the same position in the sky, relative to the observer.  In other words, if we see the planet "behind" the front of the Prometheus at one point in the film (and assuming the Prometheus doesn't move), then we shouldn't see it on the opposite side, in some other shot.  For example, when we are viewing the crew convoy either approaching or moving away from the front of the Prometheus, then the planet should never appear "behind" the convoy, as that is the opposite part of the sky.

Also, the large angle/inclination of the planet's rings, as observed from the moon, makes for an aesthetically pleasing image...but not one that would be typical.  Even "artistic" paintings of Saturn, as hypothetically viewed from the surface of one of it's moons, typically show the rings at a significant angle.  However, this is not the case in reality.  In reality, on Saturn's natural moons, the rings would be almost invisible, since the moons orbit almost exactly along the same plane as Saturn's rings...and the rings are so incredibly "thin" when viewed edge-on.  The exception would be small, captured moons, which were not an original part of the Saturn-moon system.  Captured moons (typically very small in relation to the natural moons) can orbit at extreme angles in relation to the planet's rotational plane (and rings).

escroto

Quote from: Vulgotha on Apr 26, 2012, 01:41:05 PMthis .gif also might explain why we have that hologram of the engineer running away. I think what we're going to see here is a recording of something bad about to happen and one of the engineers (The survivor) fleeing the scene.
that sounds pretty good, but there're a couple of problems. First, the engineer boy approaching head on David8 is no hologram, and second, If Shaw says somewhere in the film "they are living" that means there are engineers over there.

I like the engineer part fleeing too. You mean the derelict dude being a rogue and then getting his punishment?

Jenga

Quote from: escroto on Apr 26, 2012, 05:19:17 PM
Quote from: Vulgotha on Apr 26, 2012, 01:41:05 PMthis .gif also might explain why we have that hologram of the engineer running away. I think what we're going to see here is a recording of something bad about to happen and one of the engineers (The survivor) fleeing the scene.
that sounds pretty good, but there're a couple of problems. First, the engineer boy approaching head on David8 is no hologram, and second, If Shaw says somewhere in the film "they are living" that means there are engineers over there.

I like the engineer part fleeing too. You mean the derelict dude being a rogue and then getting his punishment?

Personally I think there is a very good chance that is not an engineer but the mutated crew member in the running hologram. I saw this because of the appearence of dome or globe around the head and what appears to be a box-like protrusion on the back. I think it's a human all suited up. Could certainly be wrong though.

Gash

Unless she's playing a Mexican she says 'They are leaving'.

OpenMaw

I'm pretty sure she doesn't say any such thing anyway. At least, if we're talking about the same clip from the trailer.

"They're leaving." - David
"To go where?" - Shaw
"Earth." - David.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed