APC monitors

Started by 9th_Stew, Apr 22, 2012, 09:31:22 AM

Author
APC monitors (Read 1,366 times)

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

This idea was taken from the wishlist (sorry forgotten the name) - anyways i thought it was such a great idea i felt it needed some weight to it for Gearbox to notice.

Someone mentioned an idea that you can sit back in the APC and watch the MP match unfold on the monitors giving commands etc... perhaps either when your killed or you just decide to sit on the sidelines...

What does everyone else think because i dont think this has been done before in a Alien game?

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

i have always liked this idea. the APC should be either a spawn point or a menu. as a spawn point, the APC could be driven around the map to several points by an AI synthetic so the marines could spawn in places. as menu, it could be used by the team leader(or anyone waiting to spawn) to coordinate players from their cameras in first person and their motion trackers.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

I'd like it to be like a screen thing on a players helmet when a spectator is chasing them. Let it have a higher view.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

This is where the future of the series should lay.  I'm so tired of people saying that the game needs you to have the ability to kung fu an alien in the face for there to be balance, when there are so many more creative ways that could be used already shown IN UNIVERSE to get things balanced.

A commander using the Marines cam feeds, hacking surveillance camera's, telling Marines where to position their motion tracker's, smartuns, and sentry guns, looking at schematics to find places to strengthen defenses should be how you "balance" the game.

On the flipside, sense the Alien has to go through all these obstacles give it back its ability to rend Marines to pieces in seconds as well as its placing speed.

The game self balances.

Get rid of this tacky human kung fu shit and use some creativity for f**k sake.

sstfreek

sstfreek

Being able to be Inside the APC and give commands and monitor your squad when you die would be AWESOME!!!! And it's never really been done before! It could actually give the last remaining marine a leg up on the aliens, and it could give dead Marines a thing to do! Instead of just sitting and doing squat :P

Terx2

Terx2

I could see the apc monitors things used for recording matches. Though I like the idea of it used as a spawn point for marines.

Lt. Kidd

Lt. Kidd

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 24, 2012, 02:55:21 AM
This is where the future of the series should lay.  I'm so tired of people saying that the game needs you to have the ability to kung fu an alien in the face for there to be balance, when there are so many more creative ways that could be used already shown IN UNIVERSE to get things balanced.

A commander using the Marines cam feeds, hacking surveillance camera's, telling Marines where to position their motion tracker's, smartuns, and sentry guns, looking at schematics to find places to strengthen defenses should be how you "balance" the game.

On the flipside, sense the Alien has to go through all these obstacles give it back its ability to rend Marines to pieces in seconds as well as its placing speed.

The game self balances.

Agreed, and signed.

Great idea OP.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Its too late for such huge feature to be added, imo. I will be very happy to see APC as spawn point with spectate monitors and weapons restock locker but its too late.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: HicksUSCM on May 01, 2012, 06:04:38 PM
Its too late for such huge feature to be added, imo. I will be very happy to see APC as spawn point with spectate monitors and weapons restock locker but its too late.
I agree with this here...

Having dead marines "command" troops from an APC seems like a fun idea, but dead marines are supposed to be um... dead. Not giving orders from beyond the grave.

Edit: to expand on the melee features, its not just about balancing strength vs. weakness. You have to understand there are also things like the flow of gameplay to take into balancing considerations. Its silly for marines to melee an alien, true, but it keeps the pace of action flowing.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

helmet cams could be used as literal, in-universe kill cams.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 24, 2012, 02:55:21 AM

The game self balances.

Not sure if you have actually watched any demos, but the aliens do have the ability to slaughter marines in the blink of an eye. As I mentioned in my previous post, balancing the game is so much more than just taking into account strength vs weakness. The pace of the action and flow of the game needs to be consistent with a fun experience. There is no reason to sacrifice fun gameplay simply to maintain 100% realism to the movies because in the end, the game has to function in the realm of interactive fun to be successful with gamers.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Actually I had in mind spectate in some sort of Commander/Officer mode like in Natural Selection. Not dead players spectating the alive ones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed