New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images

Started by ikarop, Apr 21, 2012, 02:31:07 PM

Author
New Aliens: Colonial Marines Images (Read 43,795 times)

Sigglas

Quote from: shadowedge on Apr 24, 2012, 09:10:25 AM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Apr 24, 2012, 08:27:02 AM
I really hope we see some sort of flying alien and an alien that can dig through steal because its head is shaped like a shovel.

Another Kenner figure fits the bill.
Spoiler
[close]

Awful. Just Awful.

escroto

After listening to what forum member Chris$$ said about the new alien being possibly a "spider" alien (why not, look at the rhino alien now called "crusher"), then watching the Lance video on the oher thread posted by Ikarop, and then stopping It at "6:30" and looking all those damn stupid alien toys..., has anyone here realized GB might be going down that comercial road in ACM eventuallY?

I've been following this game since Its was announced, and the last thing I was expeting was they were going to use alien concepts seen in those old stupid toys, but after HH survival, the crusher alien (It is the rhino alien from the toys after all but with a praetorian crest), and some other dissapointments..., why not?

Only thing I know is that If It ends up being so, I'm gonna go mad. After all these years, and now this...

shadowedge

Quote from: escroto on Apr 24, 2012, 11:17:55 AM
After listening to what forum member Chris$$ said about the new alien being possibly a "spider" alien (why not, look at the rhino alien now called "crusher"), then watching the Lance video on the oher thread posted by Ikarop, and then stopping It at "6:30" and looking all those damn stupid alien toys..., has anyone here realized GB might be going down that comercial road in ACM eventuallY?

I've been following this game since Its was announced, and the last thing I was expeting was they were going to use alien concepts seen in those old stupid toys, but after HH survival, the crusher alien (It is the rhino alien from the toys after all but with a praetorian crest), and some other dissapointments..., why not?

Only thing I know is that If It ends up being so, I'm gonna go mad. After all these years, and now this...

Most of those Kenner toys do not make much sense, but the basic concept of aliens taking on traits of it's host species is canon.

I'm not saying that Gearbox should copy the Kenner figures, but it would be nice if they invented some new xenomorph types to add some variety to the enemies.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: shadowedge on Apr 24, 2012, 02:29:41 PM
Quote from: escroto on Apr 24, 2012, 11:17:55 AM

Most of those Kenner toys do not make much sense, but the basic concept of aliens taking on traits of it's host species is canon.

I'm not saying that Gearbox should copy the Kenner figures, but it would be nice if they invented some new xenomorph types to add some variety to the enemies.

i see also no problem with that.

mastermoon

Is anyone else sick of this game always having it's release date pushed many times.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: mastermoon on Apr 24, 2012, 02:34:38 PM
Is anyone else sick of this game always having it's release date pushed many times.
Lets not go down that round again...please. :-\

escroto

Quote from: mastermoon on Apr 24, 2012, 02:34:38 PM
If you haven't been following It first got announced as a ps2 game back in 2002, then you can't even imagine

Predaker

That was just pillow talk, baby.

Gimme some sugar.

escroto

escroto

and the aliens at least looked and sounded like aliens, apart from their size being a lot more accurate; they still were small, but way taller than these new generation and casual friendly ACM trolololaliens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIeLGifENbI#

MR EL1M1NATOR

I didn't think there was any other life on LV-426 so how are all these variations of xeno's coming about?

Predaker

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on Apr 24, 2012, 05:48:06 PM
I didn't think there was any other life on LV-426 so how are all these variations of xeno's coming about?

Mutation by radiation, or so I heard. Maybe the radiation also stunted their growth. Lol

escroto

yep, the perfect organism being affected by radiation lol. The explanation is as great as the one used for HH survival

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on Apr 24, 2012, 05:48:06 PM
they seem to be following Kennner's retardation If chris$$ theory about the new alien being a spider alien ends up being true. We would have then the rhino and spider alien. You see, committing suicide the only way before this situation, or maybe nuke Gearbox HQ from orbit, and Sega HQ too of course.

Spaghetti

I dig the WY commandoes look.

And the three way story perspective sounds cool. This and the third person perspective alien stuff has got me feeling better about all this colonial marine stuff.

escroto

Quote from: Spaghetti on Apr 24, 2012, 06:36:22 PM
I dig the WY commandoes look.

And the three way story perspective sounds cool. This and the third person perspective alien stuff has got me feeling better about all this colonial marine stuff.
being WY perspective the most interesting out of all, probably.

MR EL1M1NATOR

I hadn't really given much thought to the plot of A:CM until now, but the more I think about it, the stupider it seems.

I always assumed it would be the 17 days time period that hicks says they have to wait for a rescue mission. That makes sense. Why the hell is set after alien 3 as well? And why is the Sullaco back in orbit around LV-426?

Gearbox have clearly got some reason for this, but weather or not it is a good one I have my doubts.

Also regarding Hadley's Hope still standing, one theory I had was that because the buildings would be designed to withstand extreme weather conditions it would be pretty tough and then it wouldn't be too surprising that it could stay partly intact after an explosion. However, the fact that there are still facehuggers in jars in the med lab and then in the next room the wall is blown off (but the map is still there and undamaged) is pretty ridiculous.

I think they are trying too hard to put in all these easter eggs that don't fit in with continuity (Bishop's legs), instead of putting more effort into trying to make a new and exciting Aliens story.

I am still looking forward to the game though.

Also, why the hell are there even Xenomorphs still there? The Hive was right in the centre of the explosion!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed