Happy Birthday David (New Prometheus Viral)

Started by shamash, Apr 17, 2012, 09:33:18 AM

Author
Happy Birthday David (New Prometheus Viral) (Read 61,891 times)

JKS1

Quote from: timiteh on Apr 25, 2012, 03:00:11 PM
My only gripings with this movie thus far are related to the technology of the Space Jockey who are supposed to be millions of years old.
First, i wonder how exactly such an advanced races do not have better protection of the access to their technology from intruders. This remind me of the alike of Stargate where humans were are able to do whatever they want in Goauld ship without being detected.

Second, i wonder how come a human ship seems able to damage a ship of this race to the point that this ship has no other choice than to crash. Is this race unable to build ships with protective  shield or an completely indestructible, compared to human weapons or means, hull ?
I have alway find disapointing the inability of an ancient space faring race to have significant protection agaisnt lesser races.Normally, such a race should have at least once met an agressive race with similar technology level. How then this race manage to defend itself agaisnt other advanced hostile races ?

Third, i also wonder how a member of this race is not able to protect itself against a face hugger ?
I mean such an advanced race should have several safeguards against creature as limited as face hugger.

This is quite disapointing for an ancient space travelling race.

mmmm....good points

i'll have to ignore all this when I finally get to watch it

Predaker

They said the Titanic was unsinkable...

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 22, 2012, 05:04:34 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 22, 2012, 04:44:08 PM
Yeah see, I'd have a hard time buying that these androids can be cut in half, and have their heads knocked off, and still be in some fashion functional, and yet just a bump to the head is all it would take to send them into a homicidal incident.

Why?

Humans can survive all sorts of things, but damage something critical and they can act very weird. It doesn't take a huge amount of force, depending on what you're trying to do.

I've got an MP3 player which can survive being run over by a vehicle, but I'm sure that if I accidentally harmed it in some other way it wouldn't perform fabulously. :)

We have no way to know what Ash's structural limits were or how the processors were protected. Or, for that matter, if it had an existing error which was being aggravated.

I've always said that the method by which it attempted to kill Ripley signified something was very wrong. It's horridly inefficient. But it's always seemed like the intention was to show that Ripley's actions led to some sort of cognitive errors. Someone with more time than I can try and see if there are any quotes or anything on the various director commentaries to verify this aspect. :)

Don't forget, either, that Ash was acting apparently fine after decapitation. It seemed to be more of a situational thing.

He was bumped. Literally bumped, and he flipped his shit. No. It doesn't make sense that it would cause enough damage.

Yeah, humans can take damage, we can lose a limb or be stabbed and survive (provided the injury is treated of course) but on the same level as a synthetic? Not even... and WE can sustain a far harder blow to the head than Ash did without going into a coma or nuts. Ash was little pushed a little. That's it. It wasn't like Ripley took a bad to his freaking head for God's sake. You know it doesn't add up.

Eva

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 22, 2012, 05:00:26 AM
Quote from: Eva on Apr 21, 2012, 04:03:59 PM
I think it's a given that Ash was somewhat unique, meaning not coming from a mass production assembly line like David or Bishop.

Burke and Bishop stated otherwise.

Well, I did write in my comment, that Ashs chassis could be the standard android, but his physical appearance would have to be quite unique. Otherwise, the crew would have recognized him as an android. It makes very little sense to design an android meant to pose as a unique human being, if there's a million other androids looking exactly the same.  ;)

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Eva on Apr 25, 2012, 05:31:56 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 22, 2012, 05:00:26 AM
Quote from: Eva on Apr 21, 2012, 04:03:59 PM
I think it's a given that Ash was somewhat unique, meaning not coming from a mass production assembly line like David or Bishop.

Burke and Bishop stated otherwise.

Well, I did write in my comment, that Ashs chassis could be the standard android, but his physical appearance would have to be quite unique. Otherwise, the crew would have recognized him as an android. It makes very little sense to design an android meant to pose as a unique human being, if there's a million other androids looking exactly the same.  ;)

Eva. That stands to reason. The whole 'special mission' would have been no secret if they stuck an android on board at the last minute. Every suggestion from Ash would have been met with suspension from the word go.

Burke was 'white washing' and speaking in generalizations about the events of the Nostromo. Bishop only concurs that the generation of androids from that era (57 years back) were a bit twitchy. Ashes violence wasn't a product of his malfunctioning. His malfunctioning was a product of his violence. You could pretty plainly see that he was having trouble computing how to effectively kill Ripley. It was like watching a very old person with Alzheimer's disease trying to figure out what to so with once familiar cutlery.

It wasn't until he took that blow to the back of the head from Parker that he went really bonkers.

Zenzucht

bioweapon

bioweapon

Not sure if this is real

There is something terribly wrong with David 8. The corporation is not disclosing the truth. I worked on the project with others who have disappeared or were terminated.

It's important that they be stopped. I don't know how much longer I can access this terminal, but the public must know the danger that will be unleashed.

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/community/forums/topic/3982

chupacabras acheronsis

there's something weird about trying to portray a company supposed to be a distant, ominous and big-brotherish using a social media.

OpenMaw

I really hope they don't take David down the path of villainy. He's such an interesting character so far, that will be such a downer.

bleau

Sorry to bump this, but I have too. I stayed away from spoilers and stuff and now that I have seen Prometheus twice , I'v been watching these virals. This is my favorite one. Ridley Nailed this character imo.  I really hope to see all of these on Blu ray. The ted Talk was also great, but I here there is a longer 5 or 6 minute cut of that?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: bleau on Jun 14, 2012, 07:50:05 AM
Sorry to bump this, but I have too. I stayed away from spoilers and stuff and now that I have seen Prometheus twice , I'v been watching these virals. This is my favorite one. Ridley Nailed this character imo.  I really hope to see all of these on Blu ray. The ted Talk was also great, but I here there is a longer 5 or 6 minute cut of that?

Its rumored that a longer cut exists, and that it may be on the Blu Ray.

szkoki

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 29, 2012, 02:36:12 AM
I really hope they don't take David down the path of villainy. He's such an interesting character so far, that will be such a downer.

really, well David's role basicly in the movie is this

Spoiler
:D
[close]

DaddyYautja

:laugh: that's true.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed