AvP2 Work on Windows 7 64-bit?

Started by BoneCo||ector, Apr 11, 2012, 06:34:56 PM

Author
AvP2 Work on Windows 7 64-bit? (Read 6,205 times)

BoneCo||ector

Hey guys having trouble searching for servers for avp2

Could it be the OS?

im forced to play it on my old pc with windows xp.

WinterActual

No, its not the OS. It works fine with 64 bit Win 7 and the savior patch.

chupacabras acheronsis

yeah, it has no problem running on 7 on this end either.

if you can't find servers you need to update your master server patch or reinstall it all. and say no every time it asks you to download a new update of the game. that breaks the patch.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Master Server Client 1.5.3 is latest grab it @ www.avpunknown.com

Im on Windows 7 x64 and it works fine.

Most sites have the outdated version, (i have the latest)

Enjoy  8)

Tidus

Tidus

What about custom files? I'm running x64 too and the game doesn't want to load custom maps. I guess the problem is the trouble within users and administrator powers, but I have tried both and none work.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Tidus on Jun 18, 2012, 09:58:37 PM
What about custom files? I'm running x64 too and the game doesn't want to load custom maps. I guess the problem is the trouble within users and administrator powers, but I have tried both and none work.

All known custom files work for me, windows 7 x64 isn't the problem, it's prob's because you've set it up wrong ?

Tidus

Tidus

I said that cause if you run the game in administrator mode it has different options, as if you were running the game in another account.

The -rez package commands in the startup options inside the launcher don't work, neither do in the target of the shortcut of the launcher (a try isn't harmful from time to time), neither in both, in both administrador mode and normal mode.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed