Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A

Started by shamash, Apr 10, 2012, 10:37:23 AM

Author
Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A (Read 69,497 times)

Snowdog

with the 17 minutes i think he was talking about Legend. He stated before he hated how the test screenings went with that movie and that he stupidly decided to cut a lot out of the movie.

fiveways

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 15, 2012, 01:58:55 PM
Hopefully they'll release it as an 18's in Europe. Being in my mid 20s I don't fancy paying for something that's been watered down for 13 year olds.

If that happens, which i seriously doubt, it would only be in countries with a late release.  the countries getting it on the 1st are getting the same version as the USA.  Any changes and they will shoot themselves in the foot as that encourages downloading.

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: Snowdog on Apr 15, 2012, 02:20:24 PM
with the 17 minutes i think he was talking about Legend. He stated before he hated how the test screenings went with that movie and that he stupidly decided to cut a lot out of the movie.

A Director's Cut Blu-Ray please!

red_otter

Quote from: Zenzucht on Apr 14, 2012, 02:49:10 PM
It's perhaps a matter of various statements during different stages of principal photography, but I am slightly confused.

I remember Ridley saying that they shot first 14-15 minutes of movie, so called "The Beginning of time" sequence like 2001, on Iceland. They apparently shot some LV-223 exteriors there as well (there were some photos of the props from the set, right?) and in Q&A video above, he also says there is 5 to 6 minutes of David walking through the ship, busy with some android/butler business.

Therefore, Prometheus won't be classic three act movie? I mean, Overture: "The Beginning of Time", "The Prometheus", "The Temple", "Stealing the Fire", "The Punishment from the God(s)", "Coda (Alien DNA)", credits, David disco medley from the two years on Prometheus?

And second thing.. It seems to me that nobody from the interviewers/press didn't make any review of so far answered things and they keep asking about the same stuff & stuff they obviously can't speak about in order to keep the secrecy until the release.. "Fortunately", Ridley doesn't hesitate to f-bomb anybody :D

Very, very few films (even or perhaps especially classic ones) actually fall into the three-act structure. 4 or 5 acts is actually much more common. Also, your titles sound a little 2001-esque, although maybe that's appropriate given the themes of the film!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed